Search results

1. chip18sw

Audio Absurdity Award Goes To....

LOL, well since, this is a silly over the top thread anyway?? My "grip about these amps? And I have no idea what they cost ... but you know if I have 300 B tubes ... "I want," to see them out front and center. :) Other wise, they look just like any other "hugh," solid state amp??? Not saying...
  2. chip18sw

Safeguarding floor standing speakers against water leak in home

Concrete blocks as high and wide as you like and you could top those of or heck cover the whole of them with tile slabs to make them fancy ... problem solved. :)
  3. chip18sw

How much chocolate can one dog eat? --- or --- Am I feeding my dog enough food?

LOL, well that is quite a bit different! That just maybe an "annoying" quirk?? My dogs and dog ... have a couple, as long as it's not life or death or annoying to neighbors, I let it go. :)
  4. chip18sw

How much chocolate can one dog eat? --- or --- Am I feeding my dog enough food?

laundry baskets and especially socks??? Should be a hard "NO!!!" And a "hard correction" is "required" if she does not get the message that "laundry baskets are a hard NO! If she has already consumed socks and did not require $2000 + bowel surgery to remove a blockage?? You've been "lucky!"...
  5. chip18sw

Karlson Speaker Enclosure, do they have much value as a single?

Uh oh, no Mono huh?? That sounds like a deal/Issue I'm happy not to have?? In theory, you could build a clone or pay a cabinet shop to build a clone. Then if course the drivers and stuff?? It sounds like $$$, would be ... involved, but hey that is what we are here for. It is a cool score in any...
  6. chip18sw

Why so hard on KUBUKI's???

WOW all of that and they are a three way??? LOL, talk about KISS?? :) And for all that mass, they don't really look they take up much more floor space that a pair of large Maggies and a couple of subs! They'd be easier to fit than a pair of K Horns into most homes. Bet they sound amazing...
  7. chip18sw

Zenith console cosmetic repair

This may help. : http://www.thevoiceofmusic.com/
  8. chip18sw

Center Channel in a Vintage Stereo Setup?

Do you have the manual?? Most AVR's have a test tone to set levels and you have to tell it how many speakers "you" use. Running thru that will give you a base line and you can adjust levels from there but, the center channel if you use one?? Will tend to take over, the whole of the front sound...
  9. chip18sw

Center Channel on Stereo Amplifier? Possible?

Center channel "stuff" in my humble opinion, is over rated?? Although it has been around wayyy, before modern HT stuff! My AA 40 sigh which I f'd up has the ability to do that! Three speakers up front. But my friend that can afford to by the best of the best bought some hugh ass, Martin Logan...
  10. chip18sw

What would you do with these?

I would think open baffle speakers.
  11. chip18sw

Two small subwoofers vs one bigger one

Well ... you guys are a "PIA!" But finally, I felt compelled to see for myself?? :) So I was forced to get off my ass, and see for myself?? The second sub did pass the WAF! And she did notice it, but it was now in the other wise unused corner, so it is acceptable! The JBL is ported, I thought...
  12. chip18sw

Why so hard on KUBUKI's???

My first thought is Bose 901's on steroids. :) But seriously what are those???
  13. chip18sw

What would you do? Damaged a pair of expensive speakers...

I've never heard those but I am aware of them! They don't sound like speakers I'd be getting rid of (but to be honesty ... my motto is mine, mine mine, anyway.) :) But that aside what is it you plan on replacing them with?? Cuz "different" is easy but better at that level ... maybe not so much??
  14. chip18sw

Worth replacing Altec 19's?

"Different" is easy "better" not so much?? Those are not speakers I'd ever move on if I had them. But to be far ... I never pass anything along so there is that. :)
  15. chip18sw

Expensive and now worth a peanut

Doesn't really matter?? They are out there and the one thing they all have is common is they are all old, big and have "out date tube amps" in them! Depending on area they range from dirt cheap to ... "take away please" curb or yard sale finds. :(
  16. chip18sw

Aww ... that guy! :)
  17. chip18sw

What?? No one is calling you out?? Audio is a journey of discovery, and one can't "learn" anything by being an obstructions tool?? Least ways that is what I tend to believe. Sorry my bad, that was not directed at you??? That was in reference to 10 subs?? I tend to think that most would consider...
  18. chip18sw

Well so far I'm confirming a theory, if I don't change anything, then nothing changes?? So far that seems to be the case. :)
  19. chip18sw

My meager beginner system.

Yep over heating and not having a TT at your freaking knees!! I've seen both! Monster freaking amps with another amp setting an inch or so over it ... not class D amps (pretty much no heat, to speak of with those as I understand) and TT's that you have to get on your knees to change albums???
  20. chip18sw

Craigslist and $28 bucks??? LOL outstanding, that is what is known as a "Score" around here! :) I really like your TT stand!! I never thought of going up??? Your set up gives me a couple of ideas!! :)
  21. chip18sw

Congrads, looks good and Kudo's for the TT over the Receiver solution!! I've not seen that done before?? I'll have to keep it in my mind for TT! :) Luv those speakers also ... where did you get them??
  22. chip18sw

Well I dare say neither have most of us?? Actual high end subs usually get thrown up on E bay or Craigslist as a general rule?? Thrift store "hunting" is like "Slot Machine," sometimes you get "lucky" and sometimes you don't. :)
  23. chip18sw

I don't know guys?? Is "Stereo" Bass ... actually a thing?? I've used only one sub for decades (long before HT was a thing) I started with music and then with the HT thing. And I've never "noticed" an issue, with "localized Bass???" Two subs or more, just strikes me as "overkill??" If there...
  24. chip18sw

Her I'll lend a helping hand and add ... nothing wrong with that sub, and used within it's design limits (which you seem to like) I'm sure it wells quite well. :) http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/rel-t-zero-subwoofer/?page=2 But hey on here a 6.5 ported sub is gonna be an odd Duck...
Back
Top Bottom