Search results

1. CarverPower

My First Foray Into Kenwood, $8 Basic M1D

Ive been super busy as of late very little time to hit up the ol'goodwill. But on Thursday night stopped in my local GOODWILL where I met a very BASIC fellow. As the name implies its the Kenwood Basic M1D. The power is rated at 125W and if I paid $8.00 (yes ocho) its at 0.15 a watt. Swapped...
  2. CarverPower

Gear rack/stands

Here is my Lovan Sovereign 3-Tier rack
  3. CarverPower

Hoarder Dies When House Collapses From All Her Stuff

I have the SDA-SRS 2 and I almost popped pulling the hand truck
  4. CarverPower

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Well first he is not my personal friend, he was a friend of the deceased owner of the speakers and no he has a home studio
  5. CarverPower

I found a Pair of POLK SDA SRS 2 for a cool 175 Minty, from a friend of the original owner since he had sadly passed away
  6. CarverPower

Nice save PICS?
  7. CarverPower

Onkyo find

Having owned both the 1400/1800 at somepoint in my lifetime I can tell you they have been the best CDP I have ever owned I don't know why but they make the music come alive the sound stage opened up drastically compared to the other CDPs I have owned I currently own a SONY DVP-S7000 as my...
  8. CarverPower

found this old guy on the side of the curb GE J-1106
  9. CarverPower

Lovan Sovereign three 7" racks with rosewood racks for a cool 40.00
  10. CarverPower

Took the weekend to refurbish the Monitor 10's

Yup, sides cleaned up nice
  11. CarverPower

If you only knew what I made the tops from it would make you giggle. (old shelves from a thrown out entertainment center, that had the nice front lip and the rest was made using a router)
  12. CarverPower

by any chance where can I get that kit?
  13. CarverPower

Took the weekend to make the polks worthy and nice BEFORE: The tops had seen better days yet I was very fortunate that the sides where great for the age Per other members advice I tried the HOWARDS RESTORE A FINISH, maybe I was using it wrong but it seemed not to work, perhaps my...
  14. CarverPower

What To Do? Re-Veneer or Wood Over Cab?

looking for nice wood panels like before :D
  15. CarverPower

What To Do? Re-Veneer or Wood Over Cab?

Recently picked up another pair of Monitor 10's as my first pair was sold to pay for my wedding. On my original pair the cabs where badly scratched up so I decided to use leftover material from a desk that I had purchased to cover the cabinet...
  16. CarverPower

Karma Smiled on Me: Polk Monitor 10

Got Married in Aug. 2011 and I said BYE BYE to everything audio including mi PRIZED Polk Monitor 10's which where completely refurbished recapped and refoamed. Saw a craigslist ad for a pair but did not have any funds so offered the seller a TRADE and he gladly accepted I...
  17. CarverPower

Yamaha RX-V2700 for 30.00? Good?

Its the most modern piece of equipment i have owned It has the Ipod dock but the remote was missing
  18. CarverPower

I picked up a Yamaha RX-V2700 for a cool 30.00 at the local GW
  19. CarverPower

Yamaha RX-V2700 for 30.00? Good?

I am making a comeback to audio since I sold all my gear for my wedding, Today I found a Yamaha RX-V2700 for a cool 30.00 with its ipod dock How did I do?
  20. CarverPower

One Day You Are Black, The Next You Are Silver

silkscreened working on a replacent
  21. CarverPower

One Day You Are Black, The Next You Are Silver

I have an ONKYO DX-1800 CD Player which I like alot, I wanted to incorporate into the silver system so I bought a cheaper DX-1400 for 7.00 from my local thrift. Mind YOU... Its a work in progress, I am not done yet This is what I accomplished today via paint stripper for the top and my...
  22. CarverPower

Picked up a Monitor Audio Center Channel (Silver Series) for 5.00, Local buddy found the front pair of Monitor Audio (Gold Series) for 8.00 the pair. I sold the center channel to same buddy for 85.00 the same day
  23. CarverPower

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Drove 200 Miles today for this Marantz SD-725 Deck
  24. CarverPower

Drove 200 Miles for this Marantz deck

Drove 200 Miles for this deck, I left my house at 6:30 PM got to the dudes house at 8:00 PM left at 9:30 PM and got home at 12:00 AM He had it listed for 100.00 but nabbed it at a cool 75.00 from Craigslist eventhou the AD was from April I decided to call and he nicely said he still had it...
Back
Top Bottom