5. Yamahalic

Unique & Distinctive Speakers

For you horn lovers out there...
  6. Yamahalic

The Gold Standard
  7. Yamahalic

Speakers for Yamaha CR-2020?

I purchased a lot of (too much) Yamaha gear around the late 1990s/early 2000's, always found the electronics worked extremely well with old Infinity tower speakers. I also have a supply of Yamaha speakers from that time as well, and they sound great too, just not quite ideal to my more rock and...
  8. Yamahalic

A Quantum 3 Restoration Begun!

Mr. WH...were you going to include the original batting/stuffing in your QLS final assy? When I finally got near the end of my QLS-4 refurb journey, I hooked them up without the stuffing, and they sounded so good in my garage, so I was thinking no need. But then, I had an interesting...
  9. Yamahalic

What are you drinking now?

The wife and I have been partial to flavored liqueurs, and have been looking for a long time to find Japanese Apricot Liqueur that was incredible. Finally found a domestic alternative that looked interesting, sadly I had to drive 30 miles to the closest place that carried it. Anyway, it was the...
  10. Yamahalic

Sushi

Fish only preferred without appetizers (aka fillers). Don't get me wrong, I like some appetizers, like Spicy Tuna on Crispy Rice or Potstickers, but in general I am there for the fish, so bring it on. I do prefer sashimi actually preferred in the carpaccio style, and sushi without any wasabi (I...
  11. Yamahalic

Here is a photo of my actual QLS-4 speaker topper placed on the speaker. I ordered it from a company called X-raypad (https://shop.x-raypad.com/).
  12. Yamahalic

QLS Speaker Topper

After I refurbished my QLS-4 speakers, I placed them in my living room for all to enjoy (audio and visual), but one of them is the first piece of furniture that visitors see. Keep in mind my home is contemporary in styling, and has few horizontal surfaces (other than tables). Well, you can guess...
  13. Yamahalic

Yamaha CDX-2000

Curious if anyone knows the approximate value of an old CDX-2000 in need of a new drawer belt with a nick type damage to one wood panel? This unit came before the CDX-2020, but still is a member of the rare and outstanding 2000 series.
  14. Yamahalic

1990s Power Amplifiers

Yamaha's muscular TOTL MX-1 in all it's elegant simplicity...
  15. Yamahalic

Best Vintage Preamp

My dream preamp...Yamaha's CX-10000 with an exquisite brushed aluminum cab, wood sides, and top of the line components throughout, Yamaha's best of the best entry into audiophilia.
  16. Yamahalic

Anyone Work On Infinity Crossovers?

Have you tried Audio Specialties Ltd (503) 257-3206 at 1416 NE 102nd Ave Portland, OR 97220 If not them, then maybe they know if someone they can refer you to?
  17. Yamahalic

I was quite happy with my full restore of a QLS-4 pair I inherited. I slowly acquired the parts I needed over a decade (woofers, mids, tweets...all needed repair/place), and the Covid era provided some much needed downtime when I could focus on finishing. Like yourself, I was so very pleased...
  18. Yamahalic

Any Shure lovers out here?

For my first wireless ANC headphones, I chose the new Aonic 50 Gen 2. The audio quality is impressive, as is the build quality. Metal structure imparts the highest level of durability, especially compared to some plastic types (I hate plastic). Not the lightest in the pack, but in this case...
  19. Yamahalic

Espresso thread

Here is my espresso making equipment, had the Isomac and Mazzer for around 20 years...you cannot beat commercial quality gear.
  20. Yamahalic

Yamaha preamp. Best choice?

The following combo performed pure magic in my system: - MX-1 power - CX-1000U pre
  21. Yamahalic

Quantum 3 Restoration: Quantum Dome Midrange Replacement, Watkins Woofers Needed

My $.02 I worked on my inherited QLS-4s during the covid era, but after spending about a decade on the parts. 1. I discussed the woofers with Mr. Watkins, he was very much in favor of keeping your originals with the original cabs if possible. 2. I was lucky to find NOS mids on-line on clearance...
  22. Yamahalic

Wow, cell phone dock speakers are beginning to get serious...
  23. Yamahalic

These are packing some serious ammo
  24. Yamahalic

25. Yamahalic

Back
Top Bottom