Search results

1. kermit z

Help ID a cartridge

Good afternoon all, Just picked up a Revox B795 in need of work. Seller advised it would need the work and I got it for a good price. Once I get one of my Reel to Reels back, it will go into the shop. The seller told me the cart was a Grace cartridge, but looking at it, I cannot confirm or deny...
  2. kermit z

Night of recording

Good evening everyone. A few weeks back I got the new release of the Hall & Oates Live at the Troubadour. I had decided it was time to pull out my ATR MDS 36 reel that has been sitting waiting to record. Decided to do something I had not done in decades, The first play of the LP is getting...
  3. kermit z

Martin Logan Aerius

This morning I did my daily check of Craigslist in search of speakers that would go well with my Crown 800ESL Amp. I have seen a number of interesting speakers, and tempting prices. I was following several Vandersteen 2ces' that had popped up locally. My concern was the recommended amps was too...
  4. kermit z

Updated receivers...Sansui G-7700 and Pioneer SX-1050

I just got my Sansui back from the shop a few weeks ago. Sounds great and am very happy with the work done. This was the shop write up. Estimate Sansui G-7700 Receiver SN#0203- General cleaning, service and diagnostic of the receiver. Cleaned all controls and switches and tested all functions...
  5. kermit z

Upgraded the tweeters on the Polk Monitor 10B

I have been slowly upgrading these speakers for a number of years. I got them from a great AKer in the area, and recapped them several years ago. I didn't have an issue with the tweeters even though many do hate them. This past Christmas I was lucky enough to have some extra money from a bonus I...
  6. kermit z

Added cassette decks to my main system

With too much time on my hands, I decided to put some of the too many cassette decks i have into service. Nothing super high end but still fun all the same. I picked up the Radio Shack Stereo Tape Control Center from a Goodwill in Texas years ago, just never used it. Today was the day! Works...
  7. kermit z

How to loosen a stuck screw

OK, all, here is my story. About 12 years ago I got this Technics SL1300MK2 and a Pioneer PL500 for 25 bucks each. Both had issues but the 1300 was a nice looking deck and the issue it had was the cueing that didn't work. So for years I used it as a manual table. The Pioneers tonearm would not...
  8. kermit z

Orkestra The Bandstanders w/pics

Hi everyone!! First off, about 3 years ago while at my best friends ranch in Oklahoma, he offered me his brothers audio system which was sitting in his cabin. His brother sadly had passed away several years ago, and the family was renting out the cabin to guest of the ranch. He gave me his...
  9. kermit z

mmann68 and my new AKG K601

Just wanted to post up some feedback on my latest transaction with mmann68. Found he had a pair of k601's that interested me. Set up the deal and these things got here faster than if I had driven to North Carolina and back!! Also a great guy to communicate with :) Thanks Doug, I am so enjoying...
  10. kermit z

Bedroom systems

I have to say I have been so very fortunate to have had some incredible women in my life. So very tolerant of my Audio and motorcycle hobbies. When my SO moved in last year I tried to tread lightly with some Realistic Minimus 7's. They sound nice but there is no punch of course. Yesterday I told...
  11. kermit z

Been looking at another motorcycle.....

So I have had my V-Rod for 4 years now. For the past couple of years I have been dreaming of a bagger. I got the V-Rod to where I wanted it. Lowered the back an inch, placed the mirrors under the handlebars for a clean low look, along with Tab exhaust and fuel manager. BUT, the girlfriend isnt...
  12. kermit z

Replacing belts for a TEAC A-350

Hi All, I am in the process of replacing belts on this 1972 TEAC. The kit came with 3 belts. 2 were easy enough, but I am not getting rewind and FF is slow, so I assume the 3rd belt goes to it....But where is it? There is no service manual at HiFi Engine unfortunately. There are several idler...
  13. kermit z

The death of the home stereo system

This was from 2013 and I am sure many have read it, but it was a first for me and had some interesting points that I never thought about. Today, I complain to the girlfriend that her daughter playing her iPhone at full blast is driving me crazy. Sounds like crap to me. But, the article pointed...
  14. kermit z

Upgrading my Dual 721 with a new plinth with pictures

OK, so I have been on the search for another cool table. I know I know, a lot of us have a problem. I have 9 turntables in good to great shape and need another like a hole in my head. I used to have a Dual 1209 that I really enjoyed. I loved the mechanical ways that the tonearm worked. And I...
  15. kermit z

Realistic Headphones

While out and around, I decided to stop in a few thrift stores. In one I came across a couple of of these realistic headphones. Not high end, but they were in really nice shape on for 5 bucks, why not. Got them home, cleaned them up and plugged them in. They both work great. The Custom Pro's...
  16. kermit z

Twanx is one fast shipper!

I would like to thank Twanx for a great transaction. Picked up a Mo-Fi LP and he shipped it fast. LP was in great shape as described. Thanks sir :) :thmbsp:
  17. kermit z

Thrift store Reel tapes

It's been a few years since i have found reel to reel tapes at the thrifts. Kinda sad about that as it was always cool to find someones treasures they taped many decades ago. I am spinning up some "The Sting" tapes on Irish tape. Love the spinning reels :music: gif uploader img host free...
  18. kermit z

W.ALLEN great to do business with

Just wanted to give a shout-out to W.ALLEN for such a great job and pleasant interaction. I picked up a Realistic STA-2280 receiver he had in BarterTown. Pack the crap out of the thing. Came in in great shape working as he had stated :) Thanks Sir:thmbsp: upload gambar
  19. kermit z

Went on a date with an attractive Red head....But

So I have been out with this girl a few times. She is a widow, her husband was into motorcycles and hi-fi and...well, so am I. So we are sitting on the patio with some wine and a fire going on the fire table. She tells me that when her husband passed, she honored his wishes and did not give his...
  20. kermit z

My new Micro Seiki BL-21 with a Jelco SA-750D

OK, bit of a long story :) So I have 8 turntables in my home. At any one time there are 4 systems around the house with a turntable in it. My best table IMHO is my Thorens TD-160 with its TP-16 tonearm. I run it with a Shure M91ED with an SAS JICO stylus. Sounds great and what a nice table it...
  21. kermit z

Upgraded the stylus on my AT12xe Pics

I got this cart a few years back when I bought a Kenwood KD-3055. It cam extra without a stylus, so it has sat next to my computer. My last company let us all go but I ended up with a better paying job quickly so I have had some extra cash to spend. So I picked up a new headshell and an AT12S...
  22. kermit z

We are back!!

But everything looks the same... I have been drinking all night so maybe thats it :)
  23. kermit z

Recapping Polk Monitor 10B's

This morning I recapped my Polk's that are in the living room system. Now, I have recapped several sets of speakers over the years. KLH Model Seventeen's which yielded a major improvement. Large Advents 2 pairs which did help make them more detailed. But not the major improvement that the...
  24. kermit z

Relaxing

Well I have to go to work shortly. But listening to my Dahlquist DQM -3 and a Nirvana unplugged CD is the ticket. The louder the better!
  25. kermit z

I just love the Flouroscan Pioneers!!

I have been using an SX-780 in the bedroom system. Decided to pull this one out and swap them. Man, is this a nice nightlight to go to sleep to:drool: SX-3700!! Sorry, just had to show her off:banana:
Back
Top Bottom