Search results

1. r887661

YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE

I have a really excellent pair of Bob Crites fully modified Klipsch KG 4 speakers, also a completely restored HK 730. Where I would appreciate some input is on this proposed match: how would a Carver C-4000 pre-amp match with the main amp on the 730 out to those speakers?
  2. r887661

SNELL C-III HOW TO GET AT X-OVERS?

I need to open one of my Snell C-III speakers up due to both front and back tweeters not firing. Also I am considering re-capping the x-overs. PROBLEM...how the heck do I get inside them without causing any damage. I tried removing the woofer but is firmly stuck..any clues? help or advice would...
  3. r887661

ADVICE, PLEASE, ON HOW TO BI-AMP

I have been wondering if there would be any benefits bi-amping one of my set ups. Here is the equipment I wish to use: Mitsubishi Pre-Amp DA C20 (x1) Mitsubishi Power Meters DA-M10 (x1) Mitsubishi Dual Monobloc Amp DA-A10DC 100 w/ch at 8 ohms (x1) Mitsubishi Dual Monobloc Amp DA-A15DC 150 w/ch...
  4. r887661

Harman Kardon 730 - no FM

I have two HK 730, the pretty one has no FM and the ugly one is fully functional. The out come of putting these two in a blender and then halving the bits will result in me being left over with an ugly one with no FM...I saw a thread concerning upgrading the phono section and I want to try that...
  5. r887661

QUAD 405-2, 34 AND FM4 - WHAT CD AND CASSETTE DECKS TO MATCH?

Totally happy with my Quad gear however, the Technics P999 (with MSB Link DAC and Full Nelson) CD player and the Tascam 122 MKIII cassette deck totally dominate them physically. I cannot fault the performance and balance between them but, sheeeesh!!!, I wish they were smaller... Any...
  6. r887661

TASCAM 122 MKIII - PITCH CONTROL

Good morning all. Just picked up a nice 122 MKIII for $75, all functions except pitch works just fine. It's a nice piece. It came from a speach therapy clinic and, for whatever reason, the range of the pitch control seems to have been changed, there was a note taped to the machine say "Pitch...
  7. r887661

SANSUI G22000 - TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY?, THAT IS THE QUESTION

I'm looking at a good to v.good G22000 with one channel running hot. It works but needs maintenance. I made a bid at just under $2000 but now I am sweating... My question is this what ballpark purchase price should I by looking at considering an aprox $500 repair bill...thanks guys... Ian
  8. r887661

QUAD/DAHLQUIST vs MITSUBISHI/SNELL/KLIPSCH

Firstly, I appreciate you opening this thread and I sincerely look forward to your responses. The components in my current system that I am thinking about changing out are: Mistubishi DA-C20 Pre-Amp/Tuner Mitsubishi DA-M10 Power Meters Mitsubishi DA-A15DC Dual Mono Block Amp 150w RMS/Channel...
  9. r887661

KENWOOD K9000G - DISTORTION

I have a very nice clean K9000G however, but it has a problem; with the balance control set full 'L' I get very slight distortion and as I sweep the balance towards 'Mid' position the distortion gets worse...but then as I sweep to the 'R' channel it fades away to almost nothing again. I have...
  10. r887661

SHOULD WE JUST LET VINTAGE MITSUBISHI EQUIPMENT BE SLEEPING GIANTS?

or should we request a special Forum such as Pioneer, Sansui, Mcintosh etc have. Over the years and on different forums I see a very solid level of support for these "Sleeping Giants" of hifi... I know that they do not fit the normal standard but boy oh boy do they perform...
  11. r887661

BOM FOR PIONEER SX 1050 RESTORE

I already have a thread going under: SX-5580 SX-1050 SMOKING HOT...ON POWER UP and have had great willing help and advice. It looks like I am going to have to step it up a notch and start doing a full restoration and I'm advised that there is a complete BOM out there, I just cannot seem to find...
  12. r887661

SX-5580 SX-1050 SMOKING HOT...ON POWER UP

I recently aquired a non working SX-5580...it really was a disgusting mess. I wanted to be sure it was 100% clean so that I could examine everything visually before powering up. It cleaned up beautifully and all my inspection showed was missing jumpers, missing main fuse center fuse holder and...
  13. r887661

SANSUI AU-9500 AND TU-9500

I have both these pieces for sale in Audiogon Grade 8 condition and 100% functional. Can I offer them here? Thank you. Ian
  14. r887661

Sansui G-6000 Dead Phono Inputs

When I connect my Micro Seki DD-20 it is absolutely dead on Phono 1 and Phono 2. I checked the TT through my Marantz 2325 and it is OK there. Further de-oxed selector switch contactors and not even a buzz, click or hum...stumped...at this stage it appears to me that there is a fault on the...
  15. r887661

SANSUI G 6000 Internal Switch

G'da y folks, I'm brand new to AudioKarma Forum so please bear with me: I have just come across a near perfect G-6000. Clean as a whistle inside and out. When turning on the protection relays releases after about 6 seconds and all looks great. I left it in this condition for 8 hrs with volume...
  16. r887661

G-9000 Intermittent Channel

I have posted here before to seek advice and have been over-whelmed by the enthusiastic response which always pointed me in the right direction. So, once again, it is time to seek the advice of my peers: Sanusi G-9000 Ser. #818020567 Bought on ebay about three months ago $605.00 and it was...
Back
Top Bottom