Search results

1. E

Time display

Hi: Has anyone noticed that the time display on Comcast and the display on Fox News Channel are about 40 seconds fast on the Comcast display? This would be inconsequential but for the fact that all the DVR settings are fast too. This means that some recordings start 40 seconds too early ( OK...
  2. E

What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Watching some movies on HBO and Showtime etc. and I see that some scenes have been cut out of the movie , this sux ! This has been a pet peeve with me. I remember when I saw these movies the scenes that were cut out , to me this is very obvious. Movie producers and other studio people decry any...
  3. E

Hot Dogs

I like the Costco Hot Dogs , the foot longs , boiled with Ba Tampte deli mustard and kraut . Costco sells the dogs but not the foot long rolls , I have to search for the rolls. Ed
  4. E

Dynaco ST 150 love

TTT We need a seperate ' Heathkit , Eico , Dynaco and other kit Place" That would be great. Ed
  5. E

Calling all Heathkit users and collectors!!!

TTT . . . . We need a " Heathkit , Eico , Dynaco and other electronic kits seperate section. That would be great! ! Ed
  6. E

HeathKit Amplifier AA-1800

Chris: I was looking at the capacitor list for the Heathkit equipment that you have and the FIRST cap listed is for the AM tuner board C131. Your list says the value is .47mfd and the sch. says the value is .33mfd. Which is correct? I have two AJ1600 tuners and the audio output from the AM...
  7. E

What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

WTF is going on with the programs that have the same amount of time doing commercials as programming? Last night , Dec 11 , I watched the "Yellowstone 150 Years" story on the Fox News Channel and there were commercials that were equal to the program time! That is 3 minutes of commercial and...
  8. E

Tips and tricks to make a Dual motor completely quiet?

Hi: A while back I wrote about the dis assembly and re assembly of the motor on a Dual 1229. One of the things that was recommended to me way before I even tried this was to partially re assemble the motor and hook up the motor on the bench with leads to an AC cord with a 10 ohm 1 watt...
  9. E

Heathkit AP-1800 troubles

Hi: I have the complete set up like yours though not with the equalizer or the DNR unit but I am using a DBX 3BX , and the problems I was having was with the individual channels dropping out intermittently. The fix , for me , was to take the Pre apart to access the RCA jacks on the rear...
  10. E

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

Hi: I have an original SL 1200 with the speed knobs at the lower left of the front panel. Sounds great HOWEVER , the base and plinth transmit ALL the noise from the shelf the table is on! I am using a Shure V15 MR with a JICO stylus with about 1 3/4 g tracking force , with it seems to me ...
  11. E

SiriusXM

Has anyone noticed that Sirius XM speeds up the music on their channels ? I have noticed that certain performers voices sound higher pitched than I remember from my radio listening days ! I presently listen to the 50's channel. I have complained to a few DJs at parties and they say that is...
  12. E

Decent Banana binding Posts for Amplifier

Pomona 6883 as used on the Adcom Amps , like the 5500 amp and others. Available from Digikey and Moser , $4.09 ea , lower for quantity buys. Ed
  13. E

VMPS SuperTower IIa/R Advice Needed

I think this will answer all your questions if the load works and you can see this. I have had these since new , I built the kits. Hope this helps Ed img20210729_16464759.pdf
  14. E

Now that Logitech has stopped producing remotes...

Hi: Why bother with all the fancy and discontinued remotes and just get a cable TV remote and program the remote for the equipment you want. Easy , simple and the info is readily available from your favorite cable TV vendor. Old cableTV remotes are EVERYWHERE , and are available for next...
  15. E

Daisy chaining tape decks? Or selector box?

You can use a DBX 200 switch box to switch between up to three devices , in your case the R2R and any two of the cassette decks. Passive switcher requires NO power. They look KOOL TOO. Available on e pray for betwen $ 50 and about $100
  16. E

Schematic Links, Tube retail links, local tube testers

LOTS OF SAMS FOLDRS I am in the Charleston S C area. I have 8 filing cabinets worth of Sams folders from #1 up to ??? Come and get 'em. Hate to have to dump them Ed 843 856 6938
  17. E

HeathKit Amplifier AA-1800

Hi: Please let me know where you live and I will come and pick up this defective equipment for recycle , ASAP so you would not be affected by it. This equip can really make you sick with worry! I am in Mt Pleasant SC. I think that when you cleaned the pots you may have disturbed the...
  18. E

Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipie

Ingredients: 1...532.35 cm3 gluten 2...4.9 cm3 NaHCO3 3...4.9 cm3 refined halite 4...236.6 cm3 partially hydrogenated tallow triglyceride 5...177.45 cm3 crystalline C12H22O11 6...177.45 cm3 unrefined C12H22O11 7...4.9 cm3 methyl ether of protocatechuic aldehyde 8...Two calcium...
  19. E

Rebuilding 1955 Espey 501's....Any upgrades?

Hi: As was said above this circuit is similar to the Williamson Amp so I would search for the write up by www.chimeralabs.com on their updates for this amp. I think you should tie the plates of the 5V4's , pin 4 to pin 4 , ,and pin 6 to pin 6 , and hook the tubes to the secondary leads of...
  20. E

AM Wideband -- a revelation

A LONG time ago I had a Philco 38-690 console radio , TOTL at the time. I remember the "IF Expander Unit " control on the front panel , besides having a treble control it moved the cores in the IF transformers to vary the band width of the IF strip. This radio also had a separate IF output...
  21. E

Buzz's "from scratch" Mullard tube power amp build

Hi; Lets have a better shot of the cathode voltmeters. How come the voltages are not the same or within a few mv ? Adjust the balance pot to get the voltages closer , tubes should be drawing about the same current . Why did you change the value of the grid resistors , 240k from 180k ...
  22. E

Sudden rise in voltage. Loss of current?

Hi: Two things to check if you have not already done so. Make sure the two wires , brown and brown yellow , hooked up in series with the primary are hooked up to lower the voltages , not raise them. Check the filament voltage , then reverse the wires , the hookup that LOWERS the filament...
  23. E

Seeking capacitor recommendation for low wattage cap-coupled receiver

Hi: No where in this thread have I seen anything about the low freq. response of this amp or the voltage rating of the caps being higher than the stock values. In this amp the power supply is +47 volts split between the two output transistors. If the transistor connected to the +47 volt...
  24. E

Revox A77 Not Recording Advice

Hi: On the record ampl board there is a 100mf 6 volt electrolytic cap on the end of the board next to the connector. Replace that cap on both boards and then you should see the VU meters working. I have had two different A77's with the same prob. I replaced all the electrolytic caps and...
  25. E

Looking for some Hafler XL-600 Amp service/repair references

See replies for the DH 500 which is very similar. Look at "Musical Concepts" and others for mods and repairs. Ed
Back
Top Bottom