Search results

1. rcaman

Kenwood KR-9600 protection relay dropout fix

Had this kr-9600 in for repair it would play for abot 5-15 minutes then protect relay would drop out. found lq1 relay coil was totally open. replaced all is good.
  2. rcaman

SX-1280 power supply capacitors

Just finished up the sx-1980 opened this sx-1280 for a recapp. Why does the sx-1280 have 15,000uf caps and the sx-1250 and the sx-1980 have 22,000uf. ???
  3. rcaman

Pioneer SX-1980 help needed

Ok so i rarely ask for help on here. I have a sx-1980 in for repair this has had previous repairs done to it the problem is the left channel it's burning resistors r57 and r59. the outputs are disconnected and they are good it has a brand new power supply which is putting the correct voltages...
  4. rcaman

$6.25 each yesterday

Snagged these klh-2 for $6.25 each heavy little speakers haven’t hooked them up yet. I’m stoked
  5. rcaman

Red top optima battery 14 years old

I have a 2003 Tahoe it is going to need a new battery this winter it is starting to get a little slow cranking. the Tahoe has 84,000 miles on it i don't want to spend $250.00 for a battery this Optima was given to me years ago the mfg date on it is june 2006. what other batteries and long...
  6. rcaman

sx-1980 high dc balance problem

i have 52 volts on pin 17 i have replaced the dc center control as well as the bias control all the transistors have been replaced and double checked. the outputs are not shorted and even with the outputs disconnected i still have high dc centering. the powwer supply is working correctly any...
  7. rcaman

Marantz model 19

I have a model 19 that came in for repair it had one bad output transistor. after replacing that is works BUT with the balance in the middle the volume is cut in half or more. If you turn the balance to the right it will suddenly play loudly on the right and if you turn the balance to the left...
  8. rcaman

Need help Marantx 1180dc

I took this amp in for repair it had missing parts 4 of the outputs were missing and it had a couple burned resistors. i replaced all the outputs with mj21194g mj21193g and checked every resistor and found 2 bad ones replaced those. i have replaced most of the transistors on the board as...
  9. rcaman

bought these beauties yesterday

Marantz 2252 Marantz 2235b will post nudies later the 2252 is caked in grime inside.
  10. rcaman

OMG

redneck realistic mach one
  11. rcaman

SA-9100 in protect

thanks for looking and i hope someone can help. the capacitors was toasted i replaced all of them with 105 degree caps. r13 390 ohm was crispy and r24 180 ohm was also crispy. now someone has worked on this before q1 has a 2sd526 and q2 has 2sb596 and the others don't match up either. q4 is...
  12. rcaman

Fisher 200-t no bass on fm FIX

has no bass on fm replace c6
  13. rcaman

Yamaha cr-2020 repair and restoration

I bought a non working cr-2020 upon inspection someone had made an attempt at repairing the power supply and made a mess. after a complete power supply recap and a correct relay and the Yamaha modifications resistor upgrade no relay click at power up. measuring the +25 volts was good but the...
  14. rcaman

My $5.00 yardsale speaker find

found these at a yard sale $5.00 for the pair homemade boxes. when i opened them here is what i found Jensen special design 12" woofer a Utah tweeter unfortunately one of the tweeters is open. can this tweeter be fixed.
  15. rcaman

large unknown speakers i bought this wekend

i bought these this weekend they are heavy they have a 12" woofer and a horn tweeter. the sound is amazing from them. does anyone know what kind they are. no grills were included i like them the way they are. problem is where to put them. i have way to many speakers. i also bought my old...
  16. rcaman

UNSEEN UNKNOWN PIONEER CONSOLE STEREO

Has anyone here seen one of these before it's a model cb-1 pioneer console stereo. i bought it a few weeks ago for cheap it has the garrard turntable in it but someone swiped the sx-1000 receiver. thoughts on this everyone. The receiver was a sx-1000td the instruction book was inside the...
  17. rcaman

help id these mystery $7.50 speakers i bought

i bought these yesterday at an estate sale and they really do sound good. looks to be an 8" woofer and a 3" tweeter. paid $7.50 for the pair. then i was given the set of bose 2.2 speakers. thanks
  18. rcaman

free bose given to me today

my best friends boyfriend gave these to me today. they do sound good i will never let them go as they were a gift. bose 2.2 series II and i might add the best friend is a woman. lol
  19. rcaman

vintage speaker cabinet on legs what brand

i bought this at a yard sale for $10.00 i love the cabinet and the short legs on it it has 8" woofer and about a 3" tweeter i hooked it up on my gemtune vacuum tube amplifier and the speaker does sound really good. has anyone seen one of these. and tell me why these old vintage speakers sound...
  20. rcaman

had another heart attack

had a bad heart attack Wednesday the bottom front of my heart had no blood supply one of the previous grafts suddenly stopped up. this heart attack hurt 10 times worse than the first. the emt,s were great and the ambulance driver got me to the hospital fast 100+mph where a trauma team was...
  21. rcaman

my score harman kardon 730 ton of lp's

picked up this Harman/kardon 730 for $20.00 plays but has some serious crackling going on and i have been through the controls still sounds great. about 200 lp's $10.00 and i am happy
  22. rcaman

Wanna buy a record

i enjoyed the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=aFJyNSIkGtw
  23. rcaman

how many times a day do you pop in here

i find myself checking in here sometimes 4 or 5 times a day to see whats going on who has made a great buy and just what is going on. how about you.
  24. rcaman

raw mustard greens and bacon grease

had them twice this week raw mustard greens chopped onions radish and hot bacon grease poured over. and i like my cornbread crumpled up in the mix. down here that is some mighty good eating. my friend calls it hoover hay. steve
  25. rcaman

my second diy record clamp weight

here is the second clamp it is just taped together right now. it is 2 vcr heads and a channel selector knob from an old tv set. the knob is all metal the spacer underneath is an old 45 rpm adapter that happened to fit perfectly. it looks really cool in action. the knob on top looks like a...
Back
Top Bottom