Search results

1. A

Took the plunge into digital yesterday

My Marantz SA8260 has been a joy. Besides being a very good SACD player it plays redbook CDs very nicely. I think you'll like your new toy.
  2. A

Integrated Amp advice

I have a PM7200 and love it. Very nice sounding little integrated for the money.
  3. A

List some decent vintage turntables

I had a Yamaha PX2 in the 80s. It was a decent little record spinner.
  4. A

" " and the " "

Did everybody miss Ronnie Spector and the Ronettes? Damn I am gettin' old.
  5. A

My retrophonic odyssey

Good for you!
  6. A

VHS for quality audio reproduction?

VHS (for audio-only) was killed by DAT , which was also The Next Big Thing. VHS , done properly , can sound very good. They were all killed by CDs. Which wouldn't sound as good for 20 or so years. I had a Nak ZX9 at the time so I stuck with that.
  7. A

new wannabe mid/low-level audio snob

Welcome! Now I'm gonna be the dick-dump the Bose.
  8. A

Dag Nabbit! I fouled my front O2 sensor with Sea Foam

LOL! Same with Engine Restorer. I've seen that crap destroy more rod bearings than low/dirty oil.
  9. A

"Ask A Real Musician: 5 Classic Male Metal Singers"

Bon Scott? Dio? Gillan? Wyland?
  10. A

Nope. Sorry. :)

Nope. Sorry. :)
  11. A

Sea Foam users?

I use Seafoam in the shop I work in. Good stuff. It has helped me dodge cleaning the carbs on a few V4 Hondas. Anything that spares me that nightmare is a "good thing". As for de-carboning the top end of a motor , a spray bottle full of water can be used to mist vapor in to the intake of a...
  12. A

VHS HiFi VCR for audio use......read on....

I have a JVC Hi-Fi VCR and I won't be letting it go anytime soon. :)
  13. A

French World Cup team self distructs!!

Removed by moderation staff
  14. A

I need a man cave/shop stereo, small, receiver and speakers. What should I get?

If I didn't use my tools for a living , I am that guy. BTW , I [I]love[I] RDs
  15. A

VHS HiFi VCR for audio use......read on....

VHS audio , and DAT , were the competitors of CD. Convenience , not sound quality , won.
  16. A

French World Cup team self distructs!!

Removed by moderation staff
  17. A

Gaga shows her true colors...

Courtney Love can play lead guitar...
  18. A

i have 4,000$ for a new set of speakers? what to buy?

A lot of people seem to want to be weenies. Check out your local (?) Paradigm dealer. At your budget level there are some very nice speaks from Paradigm. That's my preference , but check A'gon for some quality stuff in that range. Any DIY interest?
  19. A

Scored Did I.

Mid level Nak? I paid $1100 for my ZX-9 in 1983. $950 for a Sony wasn't happenin' for me. The Dragon was $1300 and had no audio improvements over the ZX-9. $8 is a smokin' deal , but it ain't a Nak.
  20. A

How to tell if your cat is plotting to kill you

I have a wok. Cats steer clear of me. Except my wife's cat. That little bugger just crawls all over me. I think he knows he's safe and just enjoys rubbing it in. :)
  21. A

Obesity in America, what you do to prevent it in your own way?

I eat red meat almost exclusively , except I also eat lots of fatty pork , lots of potatoes , minimal veggies , and do no exercise on my time. I'm 6' and weigh 175 lbs. I also drink lots of beer. Other than the occasional cancer issue , I'm healthier , stronger , and fitter than every other 48...
  22. A

Royaly F***ed up Albums

Hmmmm....That's one of my favorite pieces of vinyl. That probably says something about me...
  23. A

I thought Burn-in was pretty much B.S.

I've seen ignition timing (all electronic) settle down after a week or so on engines. Did the CDI box "burn in"? Couldn't tell you , but I have seen changes in solid state components after usage. By "seen" I mean with a very good timing light and close examination. It was good new , but became...
  24. A

What's the rarest piece of vinyl you own?

Nothing special. Probably an original release Dark Side Of The Moon , Madman Across The Water , and Not Fragile. And a few MFSL albums fro the late 70s.
Back
Top Bottom