Search results

1. O

how do you manage your Wires???

I am sick and tired of birds nests of wires behind my equipment ! Somebody has to have a better way of organizing these... Tubes? looms? races? wire ties ? any ideas? photos?? thanks... I was at Homarama home show of million dollar + homes.... no wires... all in wall. Come to...
  2. O

cutting the (TV) cable....advice needed...

i spend way too much on TV and cell...like $500 a month. how can i cut the cable, AND go 2 channel at the same time... i already have Netflix. i am getting Hulu Plus... and i guess a HD TV antenna? and that friggin' soundbar is getting sh!tcanned too. Times change... How...
  3. O

$150 JBL review in USA today

$150 JBL speakers sound like $12,000 .... is the title of the article. http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/columnist/baig/2014/04/29/harman-jbl-3series-studio-monitor-review/8452739/ Anybody heard these ? powered speakers???
  4. O

Vintage vs. Modern

read this this morning, not sure i agree: By John Atkinson • Posted: May 19, 2007 When audiophiles speak of the "Golden Age" of audio components, they almost always are talking about amplifiers and preamplifiers, not loudspeakers. While a very few speaker models have stood the test of...
  5. O

any photos of speakers NOT woodgrain or black?

anybody have any speakers that are not the standard wood grain or piano black? I have had 10 motorcycles, 9 were black. all my speakers are woodgrain or black... i need some nonstandard inspiration... You got anything non standard issue???:scratch2: thanks!
  6. O

System tune up: EAR cleaning???

Have you ever had your ears cleaned? What are your experiences? I never have... But my dad used to go to the doctor to have it done(before health insurance etc...) Should i do this? How should i do this? Whats the deal? I didn't want to jack the other thread... (From:about...
  7. O

recording in 2009, options???

I found out a friend of mine has a radio program on the local station and i'd like to record it, because.... it's on when i'm suposta be in church. LOL! So what are my options? besides casettes?(am i showing my age? LOL) The show is also on the internet ... any digital options...
  8. O

Pass me the bong, Michael Phelps! (spun my first vinyl in 20 yrs)

Wow. drums. cymbals. ...and to think i used to think it was my stereo... i guess the source isn't as bad as i remembered...less hiss, less pops and tics... it did cross my mind that a toke would be nice with this...LOL. Been 15 yrs since my last dance with Mary Jane.... But that Michael...
  9. O

That Open Baffle sound...anybody do it on the cheap?

I picked up a pair of infinities with a tweeter on the back. i love em! i guess thats dipole? ( or bipolar? wait, thats the kid next door....LOL ) anyhow anyone doing open baffle on the cheap? no electronic crossovers or multiple monoblock amps....possible? Anybody? Hows it sound?
  10. O

Heating...the listening space

Well, i just got the GD gas bill and its $350. it'll be worse next month cause its been colder in january... I have my stereo in the basement mancave / listening room. Kinda cool down there...but now i'm not turning up the heat... any suggestions on auxillary heat? How are you doing it...
  11. O

New Capacitor Q's

I am re-capping my EV interface 2's. if the capacitors read 4.5uf should i use 4.3 or 4.7 ? and whats the difference? and thanks for helping me. they sound a little dull now...so brighter is better:yes: they have an L pad with the single cap as the crossover
  12. O

Economic Recession: Prices for gear to go up or down?

What do you think? More people selling...and less buying? (more supply, less demand) OR... Classic Audio is always in demand, and they dont make em like they used to... (its a cheap hobby now, nothings gonna change....) your opinion, please...
  13. O

Cigs are $10 a pack??? Who's still puffin'?

...did i hear on the radio that cigs are $10 a pack in NYC ? Day-um. Glad i quit 15 years ago... OK, 15 years 3 months and 10 or 12 days..... actually, all i know fer sure is that i'm not smokin one today....:nono:
  14. O

...cutting the cable...(TV)...maybe???

How can i restrict access to my TV's...as in: i'll give my kids 2 hours a day.... i have the digital cable with the broadband internet, as well as the phone service, so i cant disconnect anything without punishing myself...any way to limit the access? :nono: or, they'll end up sitting in...
  15. O

Aiwa mini systems: any good as outdoor jukebox?

as a party system .....well actually... ...last week i posted about building an outdoor jukebox on the DIY section. i'm gonna hook up an old P3 computer to the internet to run internet radio as well as a limewire / rhapsody / napster selection of songs . i'm putting this in a cabinet on the...
  16. O

Outdoor Jukebox ? !!!

Greets! I need to build an outdoor jukebox for my patio. i am currently building an outdoor kitchen/ grill island/ bar...(If you are unfamiliar, please googleimage: bbq island) its the rage on the west coast... I read the threads about a boombox...i dont want to carry it around. I read...
  17. O

Speaker grill in foam....replacements?

i picked up a pair of bose 301's today. missing one foam grill...what do you recommend to replace those with?
  18. O

name some speakers with the tweeter on the bacl...

....back in the day (late 70's) a couple of my fraternity bros had speakers with a tweeter on the back. I've asked all the guys i still know, and no one remembers the brand... help me out...its driving me crazy... Anyone? Should say "bacK"
  19. O

Do you think this is True?

Is this for real? its a perception test...i found it via another forum and bookmarked it. Had to do with black around your home theater / TV screen... what do you think? http://scienceblogs.com/cognitivedaily/2008/02/what_illusions_tell_us_about_t.php
  20. O

What's the story on HD radio ?

So...whats up with HD radio ? sombody 'splain this to me...Good, Bad ? ( or explain the search function, i couldnt get anything to come up...Thanks)
Back
Top Bottom