Search results

1. mcgarick

Older Dali speakers to consider.. others? used market bargains.

Greeting, I'm looking for some used (last 20 years or so) small towers 3' or under (slim is good) and/or some stand mounts. I was think Dali might be a good search, anyone recommend something? Never heard Dali though.. I'm in the Seattle market, and stuff pops up. Ive heard great things...
  2. mcgarick

Help in new speaker choice please!

Greetings! I have acquired, a new to me, power amplifier, a 20 year old Pass Labs X150. This is a step up for me.. and right now I'm running some NHT VT-A1 speakers and a Martin Logan DEPTH subwoofer. This amp is pretty outrageous for sonic purity and power (for me anyway) I think my speakers...
  3. mcgarick

Tube ID, help please! plus bonus Farside pics

Greetings! I'm trying to identify the make of these rebranded 7025 tubes. If any of you tube gurus know, please do tell! Thanks!
  4. mcgarick

Schiit headphone amps as preamplifiers

Opinions wanted.. Anyone here use Schiit headphone amps as preamps ,connected to power amps to drive speakers?? I would like to get some feedback from those who have tried this. I understand they make good headphone amps, maybe these would make killer preamps too. Please share any experiences...
  5. mcgarick

Cayin tube amps, opinions/feedback wanted

Hi, looking to maybe pick up a used Cayin A-60t, 5881 based tube amp (30 watts per channel). Anyone had this brand? What are your thoughts and or experiences with this brand? Please share. Picture is random internet, but the sellers looks just like it. Thanks in advance!
  6. mcgarick

NHT Fans, opinions Wanted.

Greetings! I picked up a pair of NHT VT-1a speakers at Gooodwill about a month ago. Well, I'm glad I got them, they were $60.00 so they didnt give them away, but not too much $ either. I got them home, and now they are my current faves. They just work in my room. They have these 4.5" woofers...
  7. mcgarick

Speaker model and info wanted...

Greetings Stopped off at Goodwill after work today, and totally lucked out on some great speakers.. $69.99 for the pair. Fully functioning. The badges, say Speakercraft, but no model number, or any other information. Can someone on the Karm help me with a bit of info on these?? They are very...
  8. mcgarick

Niles Stagefront speakers?

Looking for opinions, from Niles speaker owners, if there are any in AK. I know this is somewhat vanilla flavored commercial HT installer gear, but I bet, there could be some sleepers, in that vein of gear.. Yeah.. never know. I'm looking at these local for a decent price,I like the TETERON...
  9. mcgarick

By-pass Hafler DH-200 power switch

Greetings I picked up an old Hafler DH 200 power amp, and it's in very good cosmetic cond. The power switch, I believe may be broken. It has a bad feel to it also, lots of slack and loose feeling. I plugged it in and no nothing, no hum, no noise, dead. Hooked up a speaker and a cell phone, and...
  10. mcgarick

Speaker x-over part identity needed.

Greetings! Looking to identify this blue part, on this BIC Venturi V62 speaker X-over. Looks like a type of film cap but says 2.8k 100 v, is it a resistor? I want to put by-pass caps on these X-overs. There is a 6.8uf cap on the other side (for tweeter?) and this blue thing and two coils. Thats...
  11. mcgarick

Parts Express Speaker kits....

Hi I want to build a stand mount speaker kit, Should I choose the C-Note or the Overnight sensations? These are reasonable money speakers. Any experience with them?? Thank you for any comments! Peace!!
  12. mcgarick

HAFLER FANs opinion wanted.

Greetings! I had a Hafler DH-110 preamplifier and thought it was a nice clear sounding musical piece.. Great bang for the buck! Can anyone here, tell me if they believe the Hafler DH-101 is a BETTER preamp? THANKS!!
  13. mcgarick

Biasing opinion/advice wanted for Rotel amp.

Greetings! I'm a DIY newbie of sorts.. I picked up an older Rotel RB-930AX power amp at the thrift store, for 19 bucks, works fine and sound way better than it has a right too.. I checked the DC offset, and it reads 62mv on right, and 84mv on the left. No adjustment pots for DC offset...
  14. mcgarick

Question, does anyone have experience with old metal 6L6 tubes??

Anyone willing to sharing their experiences and thoughts on the old metal can 6L6 tubes. You can't see my equipment so, I don't care about looks too much, going for sound&(cost) How do these metal cans sound? Thanks
  15. mcgarick

(some) Audiophile recording History. Sheffield Labs.

Greetings Audiophiles! History of Sheffield—Tale of an Obsession Doug Sax and Lincoln Mayorga met in the orchestra of Bancroft Junior High School in Los Angeles. The year was 1950. Doug was first trumpet and Lincoln was the pianist. They played the song “Tenderly” together at the school talent...
  16. mcgarick

Any thoughts on the Jamo D430 stand mount speakers???

Greetings! If you have experience with this speaker, please chime in. I have a line on a pair, and wondering if I should jump. I've been looking for a speaker that uses the Ring radiating tweeter like these have.That's not too big. Thanks in advance.
  17. mcgarick

Sonus Faber Concertino Speakers opinions...

Ok, HiFi freaks Talk me into getting them, or talk me out of it.. https://www.hawthornestereo.com/sonus-faber-concertino-bookshelf-speakers-used.html I have a smallish room, 11x22 and good front end. I have quality, quick subs too. Peace!
  18. mcgarick

Looking for inexpensive and good sounding class D amps

Greetings! Like the title says, I'm Looking for cheap and good, class D amp suggestions. Wondering if there are any Davids among the crowd of amps currently. I had the older Crown Drivecore series (1500), but felt that wasn't quite up to my needs for musicality. Any suggestions on where to...
  19. mcgarick

Dynaudio Question

Anyone know how the Dynaudio 42 speaker, would stack up against the Excite or Emit lines? Thanks in advance.
  20. mcgarick

Quad Box speakers

Hello, anyone here familiar with the Quad L series, box speakers? I want to know sonic differences between the first series, and the L2 series. Thanks for any comments.
  21. mcgarick

Inquiry : QUAD L series speakers.

Greetings! Anyone here familiar with the Quad L series dynamic box speakers? I would like to know the sonic differences, between the Original Quad 12L and the Quad L12L2 Thanks in advance!
  22. mcgarick

Parasound HCA-1203a opinions wanted.

Greetings! I'm looking for some inexpensive, BUT good amplification for my new Polk Lsi M703 speakers. There's a Parasound HCA-1203a for sale locally. A Jon Curl design. from the late 90's Three channel amp with 140 watts into 8ohms I have no idea what the sound is like with a Parasound amp...
  23. mcgarick

Yamaha pro P2100. Opinions wanted.

Greetings! I'm considering a used Yamaha P2100 Natural Sound Power Amplifier. Anyone use these amps? What do they do well? and what don't they do well? I'm looking for something clean and transparent for a new pair of Polk Lsi m703 speakers. I'm used to smaller tube amps and these Polks...
  24. mcgarick

Looking for speakers that fit...

My space. My power... My likes... So, I have an old home with weird spaces, my room is 11x22, and I use the long wall. FAR from perfect. I like to run low powered amps, because I think they sound better. JUST my opinion... The amps I have are Tripath TA2020 based ( KInter) and, a...
  25. mcgarick

Ribbon tweeter identification wanted PLEASE!

I picked up a pair of RSL 4200b tower speakers today, and I'm trying to find out what ribbon these use. It looks like taking the socks off is going to be a big PITA.... I think these are circa 1990 Here's a web pic, and it's not that great sorry. Thanks!
Back
Top Bottom