Search results

1. Splatter Pak

How not to package a Marantz 101

I have stopped buying through ebay and I have stopped buying sight unseen. I try to see it and determine that it works first, and that means buying locally and in person.
  2. Splatter Pak

Potpourri Of The Interesting Stuff

The Stairs of Death of Huayna Picchu, in Peru:
  3. Splatter Pak

Biamp.. 2 amps are better than one. No electronic X-over required.

I tried bi-amping, but perhaps the electronic crossover I chose was substandard or the amps were poorly matched. These days I use 1 amp for 1 pair of speakers...except for my 5.1 system.
  4. Splatter Pak

Sick of AVR thrashers...

I currently have two out of four systems powered by AVR machines. One is a multi-channel Denon with S-Video connections and the other is a two-channel Luxman with those yellow RCA jacks for the video connections. Both sound very good.
  5. Splatter Pak

Today's World Music playlist

Wonderful music from Quebec:
  6. Splatter Pak

Speaker wire - at what price point is it snake oil

I lean toward the "wire is wire" camp. My main system is biwired with twelve-gauge Monoprice. Other systems are wired with Monster 14-gauge in-wall stuff, mostly hung in the air. Wire I didn't like: CCA, skinny, skinny zip cord, and some Audio Quest I don't remember the designation of.
  7. Splatter Pak

Today's World Music playlist

The Swedish band Garmarna did a whole album of music for the 900th birthday of Hidlegard von Bingen. Here is one awesome track from that album, sung in Latin:
  8. Splatter Pak

Hi from NM

Welcome, from a former NM resident (C-bad)!
  9. Splatter Pak

Greetings from the road!

I recall that I have joked for years that people should have their DSM numbers tattooed on their foreheads...
  10. Splatter Pak

Oh well...sorry, everyone.
  11. Splatter Pak

Sorry, I have no further information.
  12. Splatter Pak

Old house in Bucharest, Romania.
  13. Splatter Pak

2-channel receiver/amps vs audio video receivers ,your opinion

I have a Denon AV receiver, but it's not HDMI and it's not in my main system. It does sound good to my ears in two-channel - speakers are most probably the limiting factor. Speaking of my main system, a Luxman is at the heart of it, my Proton having gone on the bench (now fixed). The Luxman...
  14. Splatter Pak

Decent 5 Channel Amplifier

Scrounger that I am, I found a lightly-used Denon AVR-1400 for not a lot of money. I think it sounds great, and just love the authoritative "click" it makes when I mash the Power button...
  15. Splatter Pak

First New CD Player in 30 Years - Onkyo C-7030

Maybe I'm just lucky, having gotten some so-so CD players at thrifts...and a couple of really good ones.
  16. Splatter Pak

Wet bar made from an old radio.
  17. Splatter Pak

Describe your life in one lyric

And although my eyes were open They might have just as well've been closed
  18. Splatter Pak

Coffee Question - How Much of it is Real Coffee?

My hand grinder is adjustable, so I grind finer than usual for the press - have been dialing it in lately.
  19. Splatter Pak

I clean my French press daily.
  20. Splatter Pak

Sometimes, I buy ground, but usually I buy beans...and I grind them by HAND. Well, I just answered my own question, didn't I? If I grind beans, and they make weak coffee, I really can't blame adulteration - that's what I get for switching back and forth between beans and ground...and not...
  21. Splatter Pak

I have noticed that the coffee I brew lately is chronically weak. I put in a few extra grams in the French press, and the coffee is still weak. Then - I buy a can of "Cafe Du Monde," from New Orleans, the coffee + chicory stuff. It brews DARK, so much so that I'm putting less of it in a...
Back
Top Bottom