Search results

1. Bozzmonster

Say Hello to Sammy!

Welcome Sammy! What a cute kitty! So, when do we get the pictures of him posing on audio gear? I hear there's a whole thread of those! :D
  2. Bozzmonster

Packard Bell Tube Console with TV - Central MO

If you have one of these old TVs, grab yourself a DTV convertor box. You can hook it up, connect an antenna and watch your local stations. Old TVs are definitely usable, but the technology to receive OTA TV can be a bit misunderstood.
  3. Bozzmonster

Looking for a used commuter...advice

A bit self serving since I own one, but consider a Pontiac Vibe. They were built in that joint Toyota/GM plant in California until 2010. The vehicle is basically a Toyota Corolla in Pontiac clothing and are very reliable. You can get them in an AWD version, but I find my FWD does just fine in...
  4. Bozzmonster

AM Radio - The bad news keeps coming

True that. Two of the main AM stations here in the Detroit market, WJR and WWJ both regularly make it into the top ten in the ratings. I regularly tune to all news WWJ for the headlines and 'weather and traffic on the 8's. AM doesn't have quite as much life in it as it used to, but I...
  5. Bozzmonster

$1000 Per Month on Groceries Normal?

$250 a week does not sound crazy for a family of four. I live single, and probably spend a quarter of that weekly, on average. My advice is to shop smart. A good start is to track what you buy to the penny for a whole month. Write everything down, including purchases outside of grocery day...
  6. Bozzmonster

Long Island got 13 inches of rain today

And some of us are still cleaning out our basements. Many people have damage around here. Not enough to destroy a house, but enough to ruin a great many personal things along with appliances in your basement.
  7. Bozzmonster

Price Alert: Emotiva XDA-2 DAC Digital Preamp Now Just $219.00 Shipped

I just got their e-blast email a day or so ago. They have a big clearance sale going on. It appears to be a sale on NIB stock. I'll tell you, the XDA-2 is one of the best bang for the buck purchases I've made in a long time! :thmbsp:
  8. Bozzmonster

FM classic rock: repetitive playlists

I feel your pain regarding that same 'classic rock' station, and to imagine that same station was one of the pioneers of the format back in the mid 80's. Back in the day, they played truly deep tracks. Imagine waking up for work and listening to King Crimson and the like. Great stuff...
  9. Bozzmonster

Todays METAL playlist

Brimstone Coven - (Self Titled) Saw this mentioned on allmusic.com and gave a listen. Heard some nice Black Sabbath 'first four albums' crunchiness, so I had to buy it. Retro metal - good stuff so far! Practically oozes out of your speakers. :D
  10. Bozzmonster

Anyone collect vintage Portable CRT TV's ?

I was tooling around the neighborhood today and saw a couple of items at the curb. One was a Hitachi 9" AC/DC portable color TV with white cabinet. Scooped it up and brought it home. Wanted to get it home before it rained. Plugged it in and hooked up a digital convertor box. Result...
  11. Bozzmonster

The cutest cat in the world.....

Here is a picture of my purr buddy Simba (RIP.) After being around my other cats for the past several years, I forgot how big he was. Here is a picture of him posing in a mail tub from work many years ago. He filled the thing up! I called him a yard o' cat. When he stretched out on the...
  12. Bozzmonster

Notice:

Yep. It's akin to the 'brown bomber,' prune juice. In one end, and out the other in rather quick, and dare I say dramatic fashion! :D I can guarantee you that even thinking about Taco Hell gets the guts rumbling. Goes down greasy and comes out easy! Right now, I feel a little whiplash...
  13. Bozzmonster

Telegraph Cruise Michigan

I like living within easy bicycling distance of the Dream Cruise. Don't have to deal with traffic and parking, plus I can usually ride faster than the cars in the cruise itself!:D
  14. Bozzmonster

Bug-A-Salt

I want one now! I wonder how it works on yellow jackets and the like?
  15. Bozzmonster

CL Freebies

When my Dad and I lived in a mobile home park several years ago, we'd place bets on how quickly usable items would get snatched from the curb. This would be furniture, etc. Record was 10 minutes. My personal record... I had an old lawnmower that blew an engine. Old piece of crap. I rolled...
  16. Bozzmonster

Another winner! GE Super Radio 7-2880 B

10 bucks ain't bad considering. If it is working, these indeed have both good AM and FM capabilities. Good sound also.
  17. Bozzmonster

Looks like someone is bitter...

Or what kind of bad element you might attract! I always 'scroe' sounds like some nasty thing encountered in back alleys!:D
  18. Bozzmonster

$300 Cornwall II, yay or nay?

29 days ago, I would have said 'run, run like the wind!' That's a helluva deal.
  19. Bozzmonster

Wednesday Tunes

Jethro Tull - 'Songs from the Wood'
  20. Bozzmonster

Interesting concept about tuxedo cats, of which Patches is one. That is the very trait that caused me to pick her out among the cats that a friend of mine had rescued. My friend showed me group photos, and Patches was the one who sat down and looked right at the camera. The others milled...
  21. Bozzmonster

Prediction!

False, but I've gotten sea sick on a fishing charter boat on Lake Huron. Hence the reason why I wouldn't go on an ocean-going vessel! TPBM has built a ship in a bottle.
  22. Bozzmonster

Time to jump into this thread! :D Got a picture of my cute kitty Patches in her favorite perch by the window. It is amazing how different cats can be when I get a camera out. I really have to coax Sabrina to get a good shot. Patches is a real ham and gets ready for a pose as soon as the...
  23. Bozzmonster

LOL! That would be the post of the day! :D By the way, cute pictures.
  24. Bozzmonster

Getting rid of cable TV..........?

I heard those boxes work well. I considered that, but I found something different. I have a bluetooth connector for my smartphone that is plugged into my hardwire phone system. I can answer the cell anywhere in the house, and when the cell rings, the other phones ring too. I can use my...
  25. Bozzmonster

No channel 10 Samsung plasma

That's always possible. You might also be getting reflections from trees (as mentioned before,) or new construction in the area. Sometimes moving the antenna a few inches will bring a station back in. Glad you got things sorted out! :thmbsp:
Back
Top Bottom