Search results

1. R

British Columbia to Philly (Just looking for now)

Thinking about purchasing some floor standing speakers from a guy in British Columbia near Vancouver and would need some help getting them back to Phillyland. Seems almost impossible, but thought that I would post...
  2. R

MSB Gold Link DAC - quiet please...

Thanks. I will give it a try!
  3. R

No audio chat is a waste of time. To restate the problem - when the MSB Link dac changes resolutions or has a hinky digital connection, it makes a click/pop which is picked up by the amp and comes through the speakers. This is because the dac does not have a auto mute feature and there is not a...
  4. R

Audirvana on the MacBook Pro which sends the file via ethernet to a DigiOne Signature (Raspberry Pi based s/pdif device using Diet Pi software or Volume).
  5. R

I am using a 2001-ish vintage DAC, the MSB Gold LInk, directly connected to an amplifier without a preamplifier. The sound is great (no sonic contribution from a preamp and sonic benefits from only using one set on interconnects), but I have no physical volume control. No real problem in that I...
  6. R

MSB Link DAC III Mods

I have an extra P1000 PowerBase. Want it?
  7. R

Energy 22 Reference Connoisseur Speakers

There are many refreshed tweeters for sale on eBay and Audio Mart Canada. Best way to find them is hifishark.com search engine.
  8. R

The Mordaunt-Short Owners Thread

I have a MS subwoofer question. I recently found a matching Mordaunt Short 309W so that I now have stereo subs in my two channel system. Originally, I bought a Premiere surround system with the smaller 308 and then migrated it to the two channel system. The 309s are a worthy upgrade. But here is...
  9. R

MSB Gold Link - anyone change pins to upsample 132?

Yes, little trouble... And thanks for reminding me about the improvements in dacs. We are very lucky that technology keeps giving us better sound reproduction equipment so rapidly. However, I must say that this ancient dac, used with an upgraded power supply (Monolithic HC-2b) and a modern usb...
  10. R

Thanks. Was wondering if it was worth the trouble...
  11. R

Greetings. Finally found a pdf User’s Manual for the Gold Link. Is says there is a pin that, if changed, will allow an increase from 96 to 132 MHz as the highest upsampling rate. They admit that this rate is over spec, but suggest trying it anyway. Has anyone tried this? Thanks in advance. Rick
  12. R

Speakers you will NEVER sell.

Stunningly good. Of course, I really like the sound of the Energy tweeter (and have had all four refurbished) and the stacking technique has taken that sound and enlarged it, making the sound stage taller, wider and deeper. I had to play with speaker placement, but afterwards, I have created a...
  13. R

Pics of your listening space

No issues here. Careful to have matching drivers, cabinets aligned, similar cables and a robust amplifier. Most speakers use a single tweeter because of the way two or more would interact sonically. The few multiple tweeter speakers have some purposeful design behind them - more than simple...
  14. R

Pics of your listening space

Just added a DigiOne Player (Raspberry Pi with S/PDIF sound card) to the system. The network allowed me to move the dac away from the computer and place it behind the amp.
  15. R

Speakers you will NEVER sell.

I have owned Energy Pro 22's since the mid-1980's and bought my first pair of Energy Reference Connoisseurs about 10 years ago. Recently, I decided to stack them and add subwoofers. Here is a photo...
  16. R

Energy 22 Reference Connoisseur "Mod"

So, I have made some additional tweaks to get more out of my Energys. I have stacked 'em - Reference Connoisseurs on the bottom and Pro 22 Utilities on the top (upside down so that the tweeters are together).
  17. R

Energy Pro 22 Tweeter

Wonder if there are any magic works to say to Vancouver Speaker Clinic to motivate them to do "right"...
  18. R

Energy Pro 22 Tweeter

Wow, wow and wow. I will try to reach out to Chris. Have been having a terrible time with Vacouver Speaker Clinic!
  19. R

Energy Pro 22 Tweeter

Anyone found a service that will refurbish the tweeter...!
  20. R

Energy 22 Reference Connoisseur "Mod"

I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or add to an existing one. Have had problems with cabinet vibrations and had been placing heavy books on top of the speakers - with good results. However, the presentation was awful. Found a guy selling granite squares for underneath speakers to...
  21. R

Hey Mikeybc, where did you get these attachments. I sent them to the guy re-capping my Ref Conn crossovers and he said that the crossovers that I sent him do not match the documents/attachments. Are they related to Ref Conn crossovers?
  22. R

Not sure if I should start a new thread of just add to this one. Has anyone bi-amped this speaker? I asked because I am having someone recap the crossover and he suggested bi-amping (maybe because I have matching amp recapped). My guy is replacing the 47uf cap with a much larger piece and was...
  23. R

Energy Pro 22 Tweeter

I just purchased an extra working tweeter (you can never have enough of these things) while waiting for a pair to come back from the Vancouver Speaker Clinic. This is one of the newer tweeters that have the thick plastic plate. Funny, this tweeter has holes for 4 screws. Never seen this on a 22...
  24. R

Tweeter Question - Energy 22 Reference Connoisseur

Not sure if I updated my tweeter experience anywhere. Yes, received my first set of tweeters back from Vancouver. The midrange was much richer - voices (male and female) and guitars sound much more lively. The high end is still articulated, but much smoother. I have sent in another set of...
  25. R

Tweeter Question - Energy 22 Reference Connoisseur

Oh my goodness. Run, do not walk, to the Post Office to send your ailing tweeters to the Vancouver Speaker Clinic. Just got them back after a year (that is another story). Without any break-in time - yes, right out of the box - these tweeters sound fantastic! Much fuller and richer sound with a...
Back
Top Bottom