Search results

1. R

British Columbia to Philly (Just looking for now)

Thinking about purchasing some floor standing speakers from a guy in British Columbia near Vancouver and would need some help getting them back to Phillyland. Seems almost impossible, but thought that I would post...
  2. R

MSB Gold Link DAC - quiet please...

I am using a 2001-ish vintage DAC, the MSB Gold LInk, directly connected to an amplifier without a preamplifier. The sound is great (no sonic contribution from a preamp and sonic benefits from only using one set on interconnects), but I have no physical volume control. No real problem in that I...
  3. R

MSB Gold Link - anyone change pins to upsample 132?

Greetings. Finally found a pdf User’s Manual for the Gold Link. Is says there is a pin that, if changed, will allow an increase from 96 to 132 MHz as the highest upsampling rate. They admit that this rate is over spec, but suggest trying it anyway. Has anyone tried this? Thanks in advance. Rick
  4. R

Energy 22 Reference Connoisseur "Mod"

I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or add to an existing one. Have had problems with cabinet vibrations and had been placing heavy books on top of the speakers - with good results. However, the presentation was awful. Found a guy selling granite squares for underneath speakers to...
  5. R

Energy Pro 22 Tweeter

I just purchased an extra working tweeter (you can never have enough of these things) while waiting for a pair to come back from the Vancouver Speaker Clinic. This is one of the newer tweeters that have the thick plastic plate. Funny, this tweeter has holes for 4 screws. Never seen this on a 22...
  6. R

Electro Voice Interface: A

Does anyone remember these speakers? They were sold in pairs, came with a box/equalizer, had large passive radiating woofers and secondary rear firing tweeters.
  7. R

Tweeter Question - Energy 22 Reference Connoisseur

I recently picked up a used pair in NYC. The son said that his father was the original owner of these beautiful oak speakers. Only problem - the right speaker's tweeter blew and was replaced by the audio store where it was purchased. I forget the name, but it is a big time store in NYC. I...
  8. R

Pick-up and ship: N. Phoenix to Phoenixville, PA

This is a strange request: Pick up a pair of speakers, take out the tweeters and ship them to me in PA. Anyone game? Thanks in advance.
Back
Top Bottom