Search results

1. Bill S

What cigar are you enjoying with your tunes?

Men's Night last night. There was bourbon, lots of bourbon and cigars. Lots of cigars. I had a Graycliff Turbo Reserva and finished with a small Diesel. Good time.
  2. Bill S

I prefer one band! Looks unique tho.
  3. Bill S

The Pipe Stand - Smokers Only

It's good folks are still keeping it alive. I first smoked a pipe during college then got away from it. Picked it back up about 5 years ago. There aren't a whole lot of pipe smokers these days. It's not an instant gratification smoke, more of a ritual.
  4. Bill S

Looking to go new(er). Speaker recommendations please.

Triangle Borea BR03. They play to 44hz and spl is 92. I drive them with a Marantz 2225.
  5. Bill S

So Sad When Good Cables...........................

In my experience with BT, it's not distance but rather walls that's the biggest culprit for loss of signal. Is there any way for you to moderately increase distance with say an 8' or 10' cable and mount the BT receiver in such a way to limit how many walls the signal has to pass through? Also...
  6. Bill S

Can an Amplifier make this huge difference in sound?

Well, a good quality Seiko watch tells time as accurately or better than a Rolex so not always. Sure, a $5K power cord looks like a fire hose but it's not exponentially better than a std cord.
  7. Bill S

Actual Treble & Bass "Knobs" on the Stereo

I use them but rarely pass one click up or down Mostly when I have the loudness button depressed which boosts bass and mids. I'll cut back on bass or defeat loudness it I turn it up. I like a thick sound, esp at lower volumes.
  8. Bill S

Another Men's Night gathering last night. I had a Graycliff Turbo Ltd with some bourbon tasting and 70s Rock on the juke.
  9. Bill S

Pressure Washer/Power Washing mildew off our siding ...

Green works has a 2200 pair model as well as a 3500 psi. The 3500 pai is $50 off now as Costco. They make a product you spray on siding, fences, roofs and it kills and washes away with rain Used it on white PE horse fencing and it worked good. Non toxic.Wet and Forget click on hyperlink that...
  10. Bill S

The Pipe Stand - Smokers Only

Looks warm and cozy.
  11. Bill S

Can an Amplifier make this huge difference in sound?

Yamaha calls their sound, Natural Sound." It does sound thin compared to thicker sounding amps. If that's your thing then yes, speakers will sound better with amo that is neutral vs bass and mid biased.
  12. Bill S

Gas Prices

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/corporate-profits Assume you want profit MARGINS? Id offer they're up as well.
  13. Bill S

Choices choices choices...

https://www.adorama.com/triboretb35c.html?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwztOwBhD7ARIsAPDKnkCsXDoDPZVw_O_kZ7KQJQdIQCDEaMTQXbBBXg_0OeXRqs7xjE6LOPsaAh7GEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&utm_source=inc-google-shop-p
  14. Bill S

I get that. I have Polk Monitor 7s. These are better.
  15. Bill S

Triangles are $350 here in the US. A great modern speaker that pairs well with vintage. 44Hz bass response and 92 db SPL. I have mine on a little Matantz 2225. Sound great.
  16. Bill S

Gas Prices

2023 profits by company: Heinz Kraft: $8.973 billion Exxon Mobil: $9.1 billion JP Morgan: $49 billion Delta Airlines: $4.6 billion Amazon: $9.9 billion Apple Inc: $97 billion Tesla: $13.6 billion Verizon: $78.6 billion Albertsons: $21.75 billion Walmart: $155 billion...
  17. Bill S

Another sunny day to work on my base tan. La Aroma Reserva and Spotify on the juke.
  18. Bill S

What's your budget and how big is your listening room? Triangle Borea BR03 are hard to beat. Easy to drive too and not very big.
  19. Bill S

Easy Come, Easy Go

Cha ching! Without knowing his budget.
  20. Bill S

Poker?

Poker? I hardly know her!
  21. Bill S

Eclipse shades.
  22. Bill S

AK Retiree Club

Retired 4 years ago at 61. It was right B4 COVID lockdown so I was rather isolated. Took SS at 62 and never looked back. I had a lot of work friends but only a few good friends who weren't co workers. I've since met more new friends through the gym and connections. I get together with 6-8 guys...
  23. Bill S

Cat guard !

Get one of these?
  24. Bill S

Easy Come, Easy Go

Not hard to do but you should know your options. Is your TV going to be the power source and streaming source? I'd hard wire the speakers because when walls and ceiling are open, it's easy. I would not suggesting the TV for a power and streaming source unless you must have the videos playing...
Back
Top Bottom