Search results

1. Bill S

Will Dan Fogelberg ever make the R&R HOF?

Dan had a prolific career and a creative burst in the 70s and 80 with albums like Home Free, Souvenirs, Captured Angle, Netherlands, Phoenix Windows and Walls, etc. A skilled pianist and guitarist he was also a composer, writer, singer, songwriter and producer. He recorded a country album and...
  2. Bill S

Any Subaru Outback owners?

Son needs a new ride. Problem is, he's tall -6'6". Wondering how the front legroom is in the outback? He's interested in one that can get out of it's own way so thinking XT trim with the 2.4L turbo. Probably 2020- 2022.
  3. Bill S

Where to get Ohm Acoustic parts now?

With the demise of the owner John, is there any place to get Ohm drivers now other than eBay? My friend has a pair of C2s and the low tweeters are shot. They both tested open. Must have been some abuse. Other than aftermarket stuff, is there a source for rebuilt, new or used parts for any of...
  4. Bill S

Trick or Treat Candy

It's gotten expensive! I'm not complaining. I get so few here I can give out full size candy bars. But those trick or treat size bags of candy? OK, there's maybe 200 pieces but they're so small! Would anyone give out one piece? The Reeses Peanut Butter Cup was no bigger than nipples I've seen...
  5. Bill S

Dogs. Too much of a good thing?

First off, I've owned dogs before, one at a time. What's with people now who insist on a herd? 18 home rural subdivision and two homes have 2. Another home has 3. One home has 4 and another has 5!! Several other have one dog. It always seems the people who can least care for and train one always...
  6. Bill S

What will you B listening to in 10-20 years?

If you're reply be, I'll be dead, don't reply. I want positivity not reality. Will you be stuck in a rut or listening to new stuff too? Not new pop garbage but new, like the cool kids are listening to, just like when we were young. I'm not talking Barry Manilow or New Kids on the block. Keep...
  7. Bill S

C38 preamp fuse location?

Anyone aware of the C38 preamp has protection fuses? My friend called and said a power surge after an outage took out his C38 but not the MC2300 amp. Are there protect fuses or was something taken out in the surge? Looking to obtain a starting point on this unit B4 I look it over. Thx.
  8. Bill S

Car stealership ripoff stories

My daughter took her 2015 Sonata in for an oil change and security system upgrade. I told her the hood struts were shot (weird tho cuz my son's 2007 Azeras still work great. I told her to say NO to anything else they suggest. She gets the work done and says they can replace the hood struts for...
  9. Bill S

Growing tips

My friend bought some seeds from Seedsman. Anyone have any good grow tips from germination to harvest? He plans to germinate indoors and move to pots and garden. Cliff notes?
  10. Bill S

Televised golf rant

Why can't network schedulers figure out how to schedule golf events so they end within alloted times? By that I mean if a televised golf event is scheduled to end at 5pm and another program is set to start then but doesn't, maybe schedule the golf program to end at 5:30, since they ALWAYS seem...
  11. Bill S

2225 stereo beacon

Is there polarity to be observed with the stereo beacon? After a recap and relamp, mine seems very dim. Maybe thats the way they are? I have the proper lamp and both leads are white. They go to the white and red lamp wires. Would reversing polatiry help?
  12. Bill S

AR2ax/AR3a tweeter voice coil

My tweeters on my AR2ax have the dreaded no/low output. I see an eBay seller from China that offers a pair of AFT 0.75" Silk Dome Tweeter Diaphragm for Acoustic Research AR2ax,AR11,AR3a 4Ω I'm not looking for perfection but might these do well enough? I'm pretty confident I can remove the old...
  13. Bill S

Triangle Borea 3

Picked up a pair of Triangle Borea 3s. Was looking for a small speaker that still had some mid bass punch for the Marantz 2225 I restored for my son. These fit the bill. I got the light oak model with the tweed covered cloth magnetic grills. I like the look even if the oak is just a laminate...
  14. Bill S

Yamaha RX-V 1300 display is dim

My friend picked up this Yamaha AVR for 2 channel in the shop. Works and sounds great with all the effects and delay killed. Only issue I see is the display is very dim. There isn't a way to adjust it from the receiver or remote. No ECO button as far ss I know. The older RXV series had a small...
  15. Bill S

Yamaha RX-V1300 question (AVR)

My friend picked up this Yamaha AVR for 2 channel in the shop. Works and sounds great with all the effects and delay killed. Only issue I see is the display is very dim. There isn't a way to adjust it from the receiver or remote. No ECO button as far ss I know. Thr older RXV series had a small...
  16. Bill S

Face and whole body tats?

Every so often this guy with face, head and body tats shows up at the gym I go to. He always wears a hoodie with the hood up and sweat pants. Wears headphones over the hood so you never see all the artwork but there is enough visible on the face, top of the head, hands, to assume its a whole...
  17. Bill S

Class D integrated on the cheap?

Looking for a decent class D integrated that has bass, treble controls and Bluetooth receiving on the cheap ($300 or so). It will mainly be used as a power source for streaming bluetooth from Android or Apple device. 50wpc would be nice. Any recs?
  18. Bill S

Vintage speaker ID

House branded 3 ways. 11x24. Screw terminals, no pots, tweed grills. Any ideas?
  19. Bill S

Gas prices in your area

SE Wisconsin and paid $2.80.9 a gallon for 87 octane today. Got 80 cents off with food perks too so only paid a hair over $2.
  20. Bill S

Polk SDA 2 price

Have a pair of Polk SDA 2 I want to sell locally. Wood side panels and tops in great shape along with grills. Original interconnect cable. Only mods were to disconnect the SDA effect tweeters. They sound pretty good. What should I list for? Is $250 too much?
  21. Bill S

Anyone consider donating blood lately?

Critical blood shortages across the country. I was getting daily messages on my blood app. The place I normally donate was dead today. The nurse said its a combination of things - Covid, many people can't pass the hemoglobin threshold cuz of bad diets and people make appointments and don't show...
  22. Bill S

Technics SL1300 queuing issues

Cleaning up an old barn stored TT. Platter spins and speeds adjust and hold as I cleaned pots. Doesn't queu properly. I think something may have broken in the mechanism. Platter spins as soon as plugged in. If you turn lever to start it starts to queue but tonearm goes all the way to center...
  23. Bill S

Any Boss Pizza and chicken fans?

They are opening a restaurant here in WI tomorrow. Looks like most of them are only in the Dakotas. Any good??
  24. Bill S

Ferrari V12 SUV

Not really an SUV in my opinion but it has enough horsepower. I'd stick with a coupe. https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a41145622/2023-ferrari-purosangue-revealed/
  25. Bill S

What's the next must have kitchen appliance?

First it was bread makers. Now, air fryers, Insta Pots, pressure cookers, rice makers, etc. I need to put in more counters. Ninja all in one? I'm tapped out. I have a quesadilla maker I use sometimes, a crock pot and a pressure smoker (works OK but stinks up the house). Is this all a ruse or...
Back
Top Bottom