Search results

1. ml69

Top Rock/Blues Guitarists of All-Time

I didn't see Jeff Beck. Listen to "Truth", it's the blueprint for Led Zeppelin, and Beck added sooo much more through the years. Roy Buchanan is also a favorite of mine for blues. Beautiful tone by both the mentioned artists. Btw, a lot of great guitarists listed in this thread. Mike
  2. ml69

Yamaha YP-701 owners take a look please...

arm lifting mechanism. If that is all that is affected, might be okay. You'll want to make sure all works well once you install a new belt (or using the old one now). I'd contact the seller if you haven't already and let them know you want time to test...
  3. ml69

Yamaha YP-701 owners take a look please...

Hi there- Too bad the tt was improperly packed. If I understand how you explained the damage, I would be concerned about the headshell being level. If it's bent out of shape even a little bit, your cart may not track correctly. The cart is a decent vintage one. I believe its an elliptical and...
  4. ml69

Albums best listened to, start to finish?

2 I can think of offhand (an older one and newer one) - Joni Mitchell - Hissing of Summer Lawns Ponys - Turn the Lights Out
  5. ml69

JVC SX-3 Woofers?

Yeah, it's going to be a journey for you I think. Hopefully worth it and I still believe I will not be selling mine for quite some time - I do like them a lot. I did a brief check after posting the pictures and found a similar woofer but in a later model. 10" with doped surround but a...
  6. ml69

Would like Dire Straits and Rush recommendations

Dire Straits - Making Movies - Love over Gold Fly by Night - Farewell to Kings - Not sure about a 3rd one with Rush. I prefer the earlier stuff but did like Vapor Trail, Feedback and Clockwork Angels for the later stuff
  7. ml69

JVC SX-3 Woofers?

Sorry for the long delay in getting these pictures up. Hope they help in finding a replacement for you. I think the woofer magnet picture came out pretty well and ID information should be clear. I noted an ID # of SK 2192G and a possible manufacturer code of 865026? last number could be a...
  8. ml69

JVC SX-3 Woofers?

I'll take a couple pictures of the woofers and post them. Working all this week and it's busy but I'll try to do it as soon as possible. At one time there was a stereo review article online about this model, not sure if it's still out there. Mike
  9. ml69

JVC SX-3 Woofers?

I have a pair of the SX-3's. I enjoy them very much, probably will not let them go as they are a great sounding 2 way speaker. Currently being driven by a Pilot tube amp and sounding very detailed (they are pretty efficient as well - the pilot probably gives about 8 watts maybe). They also...
  10. ml69

The Name That Album thread

thread killer. Produced by John Congleton to revive.
  11. ml69

I've already given a great hint. This is their newest release, from 2015.
  12. ml69

Sorry for the late post, time just disappears around here. Mike
  13. ml69

The Real New Fall LP (formerly Country on the Click). Got confused at first as I was looking up Fall lp's but didn't see this one. Headed off in a different direction then circled back. I'll post a cover tomorrow morning but if anyone else feels the need to post sooner, feel free. Mike
  14. ml69

any clues for this cover SA-708?
  15. ml69

Console ID / Information

Looks a little like a Telefunken but I'm not finding a match online
  16. ml69

recap a crossover

A belated thank you for your reply. I did decide to go with the Dayton's in this case. I discovered the Carli's a little late but good info for future projects. Mike
  17. ml69

recap a crossover

Thanks for the recommendation on the Clarity caps. Has anyone used the Carli caps from Madisound? Mike
  18. ml69

Hi Hammond! I can solve this I think. Rockwell - Somebody's watching Me (12"). Now on to #27518 for which I have no clue. Don't forget your hints Mike
  19. ml69

recap a crossover

Thanks dc270. I'm willing to spend a few dollars on replacements with longevity in mind. I think the couple with be really happy with these and will most likely keep them for some time. I've listened to these steadily, so I'll know if there is improvement. Will it be from better caps and...
  20. ml69

recap a crossover

Thanks Zonker92 for the link. I read through the thread - interesting. I have a pair of S75's that'll be upgraded someday. If they don't burn up first... Thanks bare for the link - much appreciated. Mike
  21. ml69

recap a crossover

thanks Thank you - that echoes what information I've read about recapping. Mike
  22. ml69

recap a crossover

Hello- I am giving my niece and her new husband a pair of B&O Beovox S45-2 speakers for a wedding gift (turntable and receiver as well) and wanted to recap the crossover. I do have soldering skills and basic knowledge of these components but need some help from AudioKarma. I've included some...
  23. ml69

Extremely Rare Sansui HPR 200 Tube Pre-Amp.

Sansui pre Great looking piece J Fever. Congratulations on picking it up. On the selector, mag I'm assuming means phono, but what is x-tal for? I like that it has the EQ curves as well - I'd like to have a feature like that for 78's. Hope you enjoy it once you get it up and running Mike
  24. ml69

Can you help me identify these speakers?

I would guess Utah or Knight. Grill cloth and drivers look similar to those brands. I would also guess that the tweeters have been replaced. They should sound pretty good with the sansui. Good deal for all that Mike
  25. ml69

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

The Sword - Apocryphon
Back
Top Bottom