Search results

1. dmusgrave

Pioneer HPM-900's or Klipsch Fortes, and why if you don't mind?

HPM-900's are shamefully underrated to my ears. Different strokes for different folks!
  2. dmusgrave

world of warcraft

60 Human Warrior pre-TBC. This character was created a couple of days after release to replace the Dwarf Warrior I started on release day. I had the 2nd Thunderfury on my server... wish I still had this guy. Saw all the content in the game pre-TBC on this guy. Leveled to 70 post-TBC. 60...
  3. dmusgrave

Gifting sx-3800 ... how nuts am I ?

When can I expect it to arrive?! :banana: Just kidding, it's cool to share when you have more than you need, and even cooler when you DON'T have more than you need but choose to share anyway :thmbsp:
  4. dmusgrave

Are here "modern vintage" solid state units out there?

I think Marantz builds some classy looking gear :thmbsp:
  5. dmusgrave

Can I afford another expensive hobby?

This is definitely a hobby that you can enjoy without breaking the bank. I'd venture with luck, access to craigslist and some decent Goodwill and Salvation Army stores, you could put together a REALLY nice system for under 100.00 Welcome to AK...
  6. dmusgrave

Best 50 watt amplifier?

Mesa Boogie .50 Caliber +... oh you mean AUDIO amp?! You can bypass the tone controls on my Kenwood integrated, and it sounds VERY good... but it has no remote. I also think it's on the warm side vs. the bright side as far as that sort of thing goes.
  7. dmusgrave

The song that sends a chill down your spine:

"That dude with the symbol name" is one of the best song writers and musicians that has ever graced the planet :yes: He goes by Prince again now, by the way...
  8. dmusgrave

Thursday Tunes

Cowboy Junkies - At the End of Paths Taken
  9. dmusgrave

HPM - 40 Veneer question

Let us know how it goes. My HPM-900's are going to recieve a nice veneer while the drivers and crossovers are away for freshening up.
  10. dmusgrave

What gear do you HATE?

Not a Hendrix fan either? Frusciante can do a spot on Hendrix effortlessly :scratch2:
  11. dmusgrave

DIY FleXy Rack instructions?

I think you hit it on the head on all of the above... I've admired your Stacked Advents and Flexy more than once :thmbsp:
  12. dmusgrave

Realistic Fans

You gotta take those classical and jazz fans and their tiny little speakers with a grain of salt :lmao:
  13. dmusgrave

Son Volt - Okemah & The Melody of Riot

I was actually about to do a review of this album... I'm glad I did a search first. I am a HUGE Uncle Tupelo/Jay Farrar/Jeff Tweedy fan. I am a HUGE Son Volt Fan and Wilco fan. Okemah and the Melody of Riot isn't my FAVORITE Son Volt album, but it is a spectacular album in my opinion...
  14. dmusgrave

What test equipment do you own?

Those are the only 2 I have as well... I wish I knew how to use the other stuff though :tears:
  15. dmusgrave

Need cheap speakers for my Tween Daughter

My HPM-900's were 30 dollars at the Goodwill... she could drive you out of the house with them if her tastes are typical of 12 year old daughters :yes:
  16. dmusgrave

Cleanest Musical amp

I'm getting an Adcom, some people say they are too sterile... but color isn't what I'm looking for... just power. I'd like to try a Carver at some point as well.
  17. dmusgrave

Adcom Pre and Power Amps Need Some Help Guys

The 565's are 250.00'ish, the ones I've looked at anyway.
  18. dmusgrave

WTF?!? $1000 quote to install antenna w/rotor in Philly?

:thmbsp: Your friendly neighborhood HAMS might be able to give you a hand with this :yes:
  19. dmusgrave

Things you do when listening to music?

My grandfather was an avid flyfisherman and tied flies. I tied a few when I was a kid under his watchful eye, they actually came out fairly decent with his help, and I caught trout on them :thmbsp: Tying a fly is truly an art form, don't know how Grandpa did such beautiful, intricate work...
  20. dmusgrave

I'm going with a 565 pre and 555 power amp by the way :thmbsp: I don't think I'll be disappointed :banana:
  21. dmusgrave

I read a review... I believe he said the ONLY time he'd ever seen the clipping light come on the GFA-555 II was driving Magnepans. I've also read that the GFA-545 II is a better sounding amp than the GFA-555 II... and the 555 gets some seriously good reviews.
  22. dmusgrave

Yamaha CR-3020 Owners Step Forward!

I bet the CR-3020 and the NS-1000M's are a match made in audio heaven. Those are two items that are on my want list as well :thmbsp:
  23. dmusgrave

What gear do you HATE?

I hate the stuff I can't afford :thumbsdn: Wait... I actually hate the fact that I can't afford it :tears: I'd probably love a lot of it if I could actually BUY it :scratch2: I hate my car stereo... I can hardly listen to it anymore... kills my ears and makes my head ache!
  24. dmusgrave

my wife doesnt appreciate my new speaker stands

Cinder blocks... not just for... ummm what are they for? I have my HPM-900's on cinder blocks :thmbsp: I'd try milk crates... but I'm scared I'd get caught "acquiring" a couple behind the local market...
  25. dmusgrave

DIY FleXy Rack instructions?

Here you are young man... I'm working on mine... we can compare notes :) http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/flexye.html
Back
Top Bottom