Search results

1. mikebake

JBL Stadium Disappointment & Help

If you dine in a dumpster, everythings going to taste like crap. You spent Neon money and wonder why it doesn't go like a Viper??! C'mon, man. You're just sampling JBL's offerings to the markets bottom feeders. Surely you understand this. JBL still offers many fine speakers, all the way up to...
  2. mikebake

Official JBL reliability thread

Yer welcome to try. It's not enough even clipped to do damage.
  3. mikebake

10 speakers per cab-- what are they?!

This is parody, yes?
  4. mikebake

my speakers are king of all speakers

For future King of the Hill contests, I suggest separating home oriented gear from sound reinforcement. You can't win the latter on this forum; I know guys with semi loads.
  5. mikebake

Finally found the wifes limit...

Trust me, that is no small part of it............ I know what that kind of construction does to acoustics, and it is good........
  6. mikebake

Why is bigger usually concidered better?

It is the physics of moving air; i.e. you can empty a swimming pool faster with a bucket than a teaspoon...............
  7. mikebake

Chosing a JBL Woofer

Now we're talking!
  8. mikebake

Chosing a JBL Woofer

Once again, there ain't no free lunch.............JBL doesn't just cost more so that someone can make more money............
  9. mikebake

Any residual value to DIY speakers?

Depends. if you use quality high end JBL drivers, you probably never lose money on them other than the cabinet wood/labor, if that. What drivers are you using? How much did you spend?
  10. mikebake

What are you using for HT speakers?

My experience is that timbre matching, as proscribed, is okay, but overrated................
  11. mikebake

Score of the CENTURY!

Zilch, do we know what drivers are on the 2380's?
  12. mikebake

Score of the CENTURY!

More often than not, they had horns in there, including the alum 2345. I've always had horns in mine in the upper section, and at one time from the factory, mine had 2405s as well!! It was a 3 way. Point is, nothing you do to these ports changes much, as the horn loaded range is so efficient, it...
  13. mikebake

Score of the CENTURY!

The 4560 virtually is not "tuned" at all. I've run it in all the ways from stock (which itself varied based on how the cab was used i.e. with horn or just the woof) to modified. Stock could be a full baffle on the HF horn area to partial to a baffle that looked like the lower "ports". I now run...
  14. mikebake

Decent score (big picture warning!)

Guarantee it!............................
  15. mikebake

Score of the CENTURY!

I had a feeling these were 4560's. Friend, listen to Zilch; the JBL 4560 does indeed kick the butt of the Altecs. I still have some of those cabs and they are the last ones I would get rid of. Brother, you won't know till you hook them up. Take two of the JBL's on a decent 2 channel rig, get...
  16. mikebake

Decent score (big picture warning!)

Your teacher used to smoke pot............
  17. mikebake

Score of the CENTURY!

Hope you get them okay...................
  18. mikebake

Marantz Imperial 9's

Those are cool. Not sure they are really any good (looks like some reasons they may not be, i.e. lots of drivers, and mediocre ones at that) but I love stuff from that era. Don't know why, either. They might be fun. Think "rec room party".
  19. mikebake

Intimate pictures of my Edgarhorns..

Find a pair of the Titan subs; they complete the system in a phenomenal way and IMO are needed in order to understand/experience it correctly. If not, at least get some very good subs to go with.................
  20. mikebake

OK.. Hook me up.. LARGE subs...

Come up with 4 JBL 15 inch drivers and I just might give you something to keep up with a7'S................
  21. mikebake

We all know we should sell some stuff off, but WHAT to sell???!!! And gee, we might NEED it down the road later.................... I've sold alot of stuff ath I could have used later, but thats the way it is. At some point, sanity says "sell".
  22. mikebake

As a friend used to tell me..............."you need to get in your wifes purse and get your testicles back." har
  23. mikebake

JBL 4430 looks weird and sounds

HEY! I'm entitled to dispense a modicum of BS on occasion around here TOO, y'know.... :p: True..........
  24. mikebake

JBL 4430 looks weird and sounds

C'mon..............
  25. mikebake

Warning: The following images might be unsuitable for some viewers

...or at one time his marketing manager boss said "aren't there any more stock drivers on the shelf we can fit in there??!!"
Back
Top Bottom