Search results

1. zenithfan1

Freebie SX-939

Awesome info Larry, thank you very much!
  2. zenithfan1

Freebie SX-939

I was given this dirty but almost perfectly working Pioneer today by a friend. It's from a smokers home but ya can't complain about free. It has one scratch ontop the faceplate but otherwise in excellent condition. It also works excellent, couple dirty pots and switches and a burned out dial...
  3. zenithfan1

Amplifier Distortion, DC-Offset, and You!

I was given a Pioneer SX-939 today, it's in good shape but is full of cigarette smoke. Uggghhh. I measured 18.5 and 22.something...not bad for an all original survivor that's never been taken out of use in 42 years. I was going to sell it, but after an intense (cop calling loud) listening...
  4. zenithfan1

Just picked up a Sony TA-3200F

I was pretty excited to get this for a good price. I have the tuner and am looking for the 2000f preamp. The power switch didn't make it in shipping so any advice on where to find a replacement would be appreciated. 100 watts per channel and is built like a tank. I am looking forward to having...
  5. zenithfan1

You Get The Last Word!

plants give us oxygen.
  6. zenithfan1

About to begin restoration on a 1000a

I've ordered a lot of caps for tvs and radios and didn't care about the brand or type. What are the best places to get all the caps needed for the 1000a? I'd like to buy them all from the same place if possible, and preferably mostly Panasonic and Nichicon. Thanks in advance for any advise.
  7. zenithfan1

buffalo ny to kenosha wi

Hi guys, I have a Ctc 11 color tv metal cabinet only, that needs to be picked up from Kamakiri's house (Tim) in buffalo NY and brought as close as possible to kenosha WI. Is anyone coming this way that can please help? I suppose if need be it could also be delivered to the early television...
  8. zenithfan1

You Get The Last Word!

Britain is where bsr changers were from
  9. zenithfan1

Receivers 40wpc or Less You Have Loved

The one small receiver I've kept for over 10 years now is my Sansui 5050. It sounds great, is 30WPC and has never needed a repair since I've owned it. Has a nice tuner, strong on AM too (yeah I listen to AM on my stereo sometimes lol) It's also the receiver I discovered "Sansui sound" with, been...
  10. zenithfan1

You Get The Last Word!

Americans have no clue as to what is really happening.
  11. zenithfan1

Repairing antique Asian furniture

You can fill the gouge with wood filler and sand smooth with fine grit paper, really fine at the end. The black paint is most likely lacquer and should be repainted with the same. Not sure if Howards is a good choice for this type of furniture. How bad is the water spot? Can you take a picture...
  12. zenithfan1

You Get The Last Word!

Down is a good place to go...
  13. zenithfan1

Happy Birthday, johnny fever!

Happy BIRTHDAY!!!!
  14. zenithfan1

You Get The Last Word!

Flat is where a lot of people like their tone controls.
  15. zenithfan1

You Get The Last Word!

It is gross, I like REAL pizza with REAL ingredients.
  16. zenithfan1

You Get The Last Word!

Listening to YUI right now.
  17. zenithfan1

Most trouble free "blue dial" receivers

I've had some of the best experiences with Sansui gear of that era. I would recommend a 7070, 8080, or 9090. There is the 8080 and 9090DB but those have issues with the Dolby board sometimes. Once gone through however, seem to be really reliable too. My favorite is the 9090DB, there is some...
  18. zenithfan1

Sonic Boom 3000w 130db+ Garage Stereo

OMFG! I'd love to see that in person. I sold my D-9s and miss them now, so I know what those can do. But 4 of them!!?? PLUS the Bose??! NICE!!!!!:banana::thmbsp:
  19. zenithfan1

Frustrating but it's music for now...

From what I can see, that's a nice Marantz. Also, look for a used Sony DSC-T90 camera. They were pretty pricey when new but reasonable now. 12.1 Megapixel and very well made in Japan, not china. It does HD video and takes beautiful pictures with all the features you need, not a lot that you...
  20. zenithfan1

The Most Wonderful Thing About Being Single

Ain't that the truth brother! My wife is always saying "Why is that tv there. Why so many stereos all over. Why do you keep your tools there" Then stuff is always moved everytime I need it. My Son is always getting into EVERYTHING too which does not help at all! LOL!
  21. zenithfan1

I am so happy!!!

:banana::banana:Congratulations!:banana::banana: I live in a building and I wish my neighbor would move, he's creepy and hits on my wife. Shows up late at night knocking on the door.:mad: Lord help him if it's unlocked and he just walks in like he tried to a week ago. (Also, I SUPPOSE I'll...
  22. zenithfan1

You Get The Last Word!

By golly, work is over, time to go home!
  23. zenithfan1

I did 109 MPH Yesterday evening...Whats the Fastest You've ever Driven?

I used to have a 1995 Chevy Caprice with LT1 350 and 3.73 posi rear end, the fastest I ever went was 140mph. I could have gone slightly faster as the car was supposed to top out at 148 but I got close enough. I was almost late for work. The car handled surprisingly well at that speed, it had...
  24. zenithfan1

You Get The Last Word!

Here is "koko" in Japanese.
Back
Top Bottom