Search results

1. H

SX-737 Owners – Help Please

"Got it", thank you:)! This weekend's project now is set...
  2. H

SX-737 Owners – Help Please

Bought an SX-737, knowing that it had some issues but figuring I could deal with them. Hopefully. Some malevolent rotter had been in there before. I guess a couple of lamps had burnt-out. Rather than replace them, he had cut them out and eliminated all traces of them. Stereo beacon lamp –...
  3. H

The Case for LEDs

Nope, not I. Previous (original) owner also was a non-smoker. The lamp still works:); but yes, this one is getting LEDs...
  4. H

The Case for LEDs

I suspect that Sansui and Marantz fans have worse examples, but this is one of the 2 tuner dial lamps on a Sony STR-7055A. Sony used a foil-backed cardboard, U-shaped to better aim/ reflect the light along the tuner dial. Pretty much sealed-in the lamp. The rectangular black piece, also burnt/...
  5. H

Telefunken TR-404 Receiver

Apologies for the delay in my reply, I just saw your query. I've not read through the complete thread, but 'No', I did not find any further information on bias, etc...
  6. H

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

January 5, 2008
  7. H

NAD 4020 Replacement Display Lamp

My apologies for the late reply Comsat, for some reason I'm not getting notifications by E-Mail of messages. I attached at the existing wire leads...
  8. H

I have since sold the tuner, but from sketchy notes I made at the time: * Yes, that is the LED that I used * Yes, polarity matters - try before you finalize * Yes, there is a resistor pre-wired in-line with the LED * I don't think so, but you should experiment. I noted the results at the time...
  9. H

A year plus later but what the heck, might mean something to someone else - There is only the one bulb in my 4020B, at the left of the glass tuner dial, held in place with a rubber grommet pushed on to a metal 'wing'. I replaced the lamp/ bulb with a pre-wired 5mm warm white LED sourced from...
  10. H

Yes, got it. Thanks Mico. Also, if you are not aware of it, S.M. is available from Rick Stout at...

Yes, got it. Thanks Mico. Also, if you are not aware of it, S.M. is available from Rick Stout at stereomanuals.com . His site is a bear to navigate, though his prices usually are decent. Cheers... Barry
  11. H

Realistic STA-7 System Seven Receiver Help

Not necessary - all good at this end (see post #4:)). I'll leave it to others to post/ follow-up if required. Thank you all...
  12. H

Page 6 of the S.M. is somewhat mis-leading - arrows shown are parallel to the face plate; the screws in question screw into the face plate from the rear. The noted pix show this best. Face plate is NOT glued on; there is a metal bracket at the top centre of the face plate, one end is glued to...
  13. H

Well, finally got it! The Tuner knob really does pull off the splined shaft, but what a struggle. A combination of trying to wedge my not-so-chubby fingers between the knob and the face plate and pull/ pry off, to using my heat gun (VERY sparingly - as noted, it's plastic), to using water pump...
  14. H

Nearly 2 years later and I'm reviving this thread, with the same questions: 1. how to get the front panel off, and 2. how to remove the tuning knob The Service Manual now is available on-line, but the Disassembly Instructions and the Exploded Drawing are not helpful here...
  15. H

Dual C 939 Cassette Deck - Main Belt (Dual Part # 243 196) Size?

Anyone know Main belt size for the Dual C 939 cassette deck? Dual Part number = 243 196? As an exercise in purest frustration, I am working on a beautiful Dual C 939 cassette deck. There are three belts - Counter belt, Take-up belt and Main belt. I have found dimensions for the first two, but...
  16. H

CR-200 Bias and/ or DC Offset - Factory Spec?

Service Manual specification for the CR-400 is 25 ±5mV...
  17. H

GREATLY appreciated, mbz! Will be a day or three before I can get back to working on the receiver, but will report back here to 'complete the circle'...
  18. H

Baby of the series, but still a lovely one at that. Service Manual for the CR-200E, which, for all practical purposes is the same, is widely available. It fails to mention the output bias current factory setting, which I always like to check. Anyone know the proper test points, VR, and...
  19. H

Yamaha CR-200 at the thrift

Reviving an ancient thread. I have the same question - anyone have an answer...? EDIT - Just saw that this was in General Audio Discussion. 'Yamaha' Forum came later - I will re-post there...
  20. H

Pioneer SX-838 - FM in Mono Only, All Other Inputs Good

I have, onemug, yes - a number of them. I don't believe location, antenna or antenna orientation to be a factor. Mast for local FM station is probably less than a mile from my home...
  21. H

For $6 I think I can take a chance on a new HA1156 IC! I'll use the time before delivery to probe a bit more, per watthour. Storm here has passed, so now out to more snow clearing. Thank you, gentlemen...:)
  22. H

OK, I’ve downloaded the Service Manual for the SX-838, and had a look at Section 11, ‘Alignment Procedure’. To do it properly requires equipment and knowledge that I do not have, and I am not about to start fiddling with it (point well made by larryderouin and watthour). dr*audio - apologies if...
  23. H

OK, I'm back, for a while at least:) Thank you for coming in on this as well, dr*audio. FM Muting switch has no apparent effect, either on Mono/ Stereo issue, or in reducing inter-station hiss/ noise. What caught your attention with the Muting as a possibility? onemug - Using a simple dipole...
Back
Top Bottom