Search results

1. onwardjames

FM Alignment Tech in MI?

For the OP, I'll vouch for Zebulon as both an excellent tech and an all-around good guy. Best wishes and luck to you, whatever you decide.
  2. onwardjames

Happy St. Patrick’s Day

@Pio1980 Great pic, my man. same to @djnagle as well. Me, I had to go to the wife's family plot, remove the deck from our old Craftsman mower, which had a shattered spindle, and bring it back and put the 1/2'' impact on that dude. Parts need ordering, so that project is stalled. I have...
  3. onwardjames

The final curtain - Mama finally passed away

I been there with Dad, and am there still with Mom. So, I somewhat understand. Clearly, you were blessed with an extraordinary mother, and had a very long time to enjoy her presence. Reflect on the good times, my man.
  4. onwardjames

Dilemma: stay vintage or go modern?

Same here, I'm 51, and would love to see someone enjoy things I got laying about. Hell, I'd likely give it away if I could find that someone.
  5. onwardjames

Dilemma: stay vintage or go modern?

I began this trek decades ago, more or less, and got focused hardcore around 2004. Twenty years later, after scratching that whole "I could only dream of owning this piece back then" itch, a few hard-won restorations, shipping nightmares, excessive spl's, and beautiful gear that gathered dust...
  6. onwardjames

First AK Fest was 20 years ago, Feb 21, 2004

Somewhere, I have the footage I took from that AKFest (2008). Perhaps I should dig it out, ditch the audio (cause it is likely the sound of my jaw repeatedly bouncing off the floor) and post it here. Like I stated, so many goodies. :eek:o_O:rockon:
  7. onwardjames

Arkay Challenger

Absolutely hysterical, sfb. :beerchug:
  8. onwardjames

Happy Birthday slow_jazz!

So happy I caught this one. A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SIR!!!
  9. onwardjames

I am having a religious experience; Masters of The Air. Episodes 1&2

Can anyone explain to me the sudden anti-Tom Hanks sentiments? I mean, dude has one hell of a body of work. I am simply curious.
  10. onwardjames

Audiokarma Member of the Year 2023

Hey, if my home (850 square feet) houses Ohm Walsh 300's, EV Sentry VI's AND McIntosh XRT20's, you and Emma might get creative and make some space. C'mon, Heather, you can do it! I know, I am an enabler of the worst sort.
  11. onwardjames

Any former AKOY's wanna show Heather the secret handshake? World domination meeting is at the usual time, at the docks. :rflmao:
  12. onwardjames

Heather?? A fabulous choice among a stable of greats. Congratulations, ma'am, and thank you for your tireless work here on AK.
  13. onwardjames

I am having a religious experience; Masters of The Air. Episodes 1&2

One day back in 2000 or so, perhaps 2001, an old fella with a trachea hole came into our gym. Because of this very off-putting necessity, the little old fella was ignored by the staff. I don't care about such, so I went up to him one day and introduced myself (I was staff, so, it was...
  14. onwardjames

1 minute of your audio world - let's see and hear what you got !!!

THIS is a fine example of what I was looking for. That's one awesome listening area, Ken. Thank you for sharing.
  15. onwardjames

The final curtain - Mama finally passed away

Losing a parent is never easy. That's why. Chris, my friend, you WILL find yourself and your purpose, if you allow yourself time to purge, grieve, and reflect on what your mother's life (and it was a long one, full of countless ups, downs and in-betweens) meant, both to her, and to yourself...
  16. onwardjames

Yamaha CR-800 - just scored for $24!

I had an 810. It was the peachiest 50 wpc I ever owned. Great score, and best of luck with the restoration!
  17. onwardjames

First AK Fest was 20 years ago, Feb 21, 2004

I was an attendee at AKFest 2008. Had to drive for 10 hours to get there. Boy howdy, I saw so much. I want to say I met Roger Russell, which led me to listening to his newest line array (I forget the name, but a shit ton of 3'' drivers) I went on to buy some XRT20's a decade later. Yeah...
  18. onwardjames

Caffeine.

Continue to treat that as best you can, Edwin. You have my utmost respect. With a severely slipped L4 at 19, and scoliosis to boot, I was determined to deadlift 4 wheels a side (405). I went on to do that for 5 reps, at 26 years of age, 5' 9'' and 205 lbs. Bench was a decent 285. Squat...
  19. onwardjames

Happy Birthday toxcrusadr!

Rock out with your Tox out!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
  20. onwardjames

Trying an Experiment some will find stupid

I'd say use whatever the gurus suggest, because I know nothing, sadly. Nichicon and Panasonic are always mentioned as really good.
  21. onwardjames

Fell under the Moto Guzzi spell once again.

Looks like a gorgeous machine. Should it become yours, enjoy it well, sanford.
  22. onwardjames

RIP Terry DeWick

Never met the man, but read countless posts by the legendary guru. He just retired some time ago, so this news truly sucks. RIP, legend. You will be missed by both McIntosh enthusiasts and the rest of us that share the love of music.
  23. onwardjames

Received my Rotel RA-1312 today!!!!

This should be epic!
  24. onwardjames

Trying an Experiment some will find stupid

I say that the money spent will be worth it, strictly for the hobbyist side of things. Best of luck, will be watching and hoping for a lovely outcome.
  25. onwardjames

Is it just me or….

I bailed on the big receivers a few years back. I know how badly I ache after 51 years, and figured I'd get out before things got truly bad in regard to repairs. Time is undefeated, man.
Back
Top Bottom