Search results

1. automojo

Prima Luna

Since there isn't a dedicated forum for these awesome products I thought I would start a thread There are a few marque/profound moments in audio for my self. that firmly changed the way I enjoy, and experience music. My dad's kit built Cit V and IV-Garrard, and Wharfedale speakers. Heil/Great...
  2. automojo

RIP Will Hartley aka Porkloin.

My best audio buddy-we sure enjoyed working on our Rock Monitors together and posting our crazy opinions. One of a kind, for sure-he will be supremely missed my me. William Hartley Obituary (neptunesociety.com)
  3. automojo

Mojo's Bifrost To Asgard:Mojo Mods Act IV-Infinity RSiiia Enter ACTII

After more then attaining my sought after goals on the MOJO ESS AMT3- I have been looking for a similar project. Again getting more then classic high end sound on a beer budget. A big-wide open sound vintage speaker that won't break the bank, and could stand some improvements. These Infinity's...
  4. automojo

The Final Chapter MOJO II+ SUPER AMT3's

Yep-the long saga is winding down-finally getting down getting these finished-after passing on the MOJO 1+A's to a Rock Monitor Fan in Iowa. I will elaborate on the mods at a later date. This pair has been on mothballs for years. The cabs aren't in as good of shape as the 1+A's-but...
  5. automojo

Nelson Pass/ESS

http://enjoythemusic.com/diy/0911/slot_loaded_open_baffle_speaker.htm
  6. automojo

Finally 4-ohm L-pads!! Heil Lovers Rejoice! :)

They also carry 16 ohms as well. Bennic has had 100 watt 4ohm units for a few years-but the min order of 150 is a non starter 50 watts is plenty for any tweeter. Look like Yung units-which are over designed anyway. No affiliation...
  7. automojo

B&W 640 crossover schematic needed

Any one have one of these? Thanks!
  8. automojo

Schiit Modi 2vs 3 vs MB

Well for the members that this mattered I thought I would start another thread, and include the Modi MB. I thought it was very helpful till a couple troller’s decided to be rude obnoxious and get the thread shut down. (For a lot of people getting into their first separate DAC the pricing is in...
  9. automojo

ESS AMT5's Undergoing Mojo mods....

New thread here. Found a cheap set of ESS AMT5's. 24x12x14.5" cabs housing a 12 inch woofer in a sealed/acoustic suspension cabinet. Smaller round monopole Heil. Crossed over @ 1500hz. Heil fused @ 2amp fast blow. Nice PCB based crossover-3 coils/3 capacitors and 3-way brightness switch (4...
  10. automojo

Proper Oil Capacitor Hookup in Speaker Crossover

Curious if anyone thinks connecting the input side of the crossover to the outer foil lead, vs inner lead to the input side makes a difference. I installed a set of oil caps in my AMT3 crossover-and it seemed it dropped the Heil output too low, and perhaps the mid as well. I don't recall now how...
  11. automojo

(New) Ess AMT3 Woofer recommendation

From Misco-poly cone, rubber surround-should work well in the stock enclosure with Hurricane nuts. Although I would recommend sealing the port-and adding 3 lbs of fiberglass, in place of the stock stuffing-as a starting point. Nice flat impedance curve. I'm going to pick up a set here shortly...
  12. automojo

ESS Factory

Pretty cool stuff, I'm impressed! https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/ess-laboratories-12-amt-series-loudspeakers/
  13. automojo

What type of playback system do you prefer? #2........

This, sort of, is meant to be a extension of the now closed "is audio quality desirable". I thought there was some interesting takes for sure, in between the other stuff. Do you prefer a more revealing playback system, smoother/musical, or some where in between? And if, and how your playback...
  14. automojo

Possible AMT 3 Replacment Woofer

Trying to figure out what some of the different labeling on the small parameters means. Good price, and seems to have decent specs. https://www.mavin.com/store.php/feature-items/10-inch-8-ohm-replacement-for-miller-and-kreisel-jbl-klipsch-cerwin-vega-and-many-more
  15. automojo

ESS AMT1A Enhanced

Interesting mods!
  16. automojo

Inexpensive Mod For A Indoor/Outdoor FM 1/2 Wave Omni Antenna That Really Works!!

This omni FM antenna has been around for years. Around $20 on Ebay w/ free shipping. The problem with the antenna in it's stock form is, while it looks cool, the circular shape of the 1/2 elements, makes for a relatively poor true omni directional antenna-as the elements are on horizontal...
  17. automojo

AMT3 Alternative Replacement Woofers/1040SF/Fiberglass Damping

Sorry-some how I deleted the previous thread. These are available on either Ebay, or Amazon now. Currently $49 ea. Used them in the past, didn't like the midbass peak-so I moved on. Recently revisited them, as all the other really viable.alternatives are out of production, and I still get emails...
  18. automojo

ESS AMT3 Nelson Pass Open Baffle Speakers

Interesting reading, and confirms the connection…….http://www.firstwatt.com/pdf/art_slob.pdf
  19. automojo

Altec 601-8D in near mint Heath Kit Danish Cabinets

N3000-E crossovers Mid 70’s Altecs Cabinets from the 60’s Latest buy for office tunes. Couldn’t resist!! They sound awesome!! 6-7 inch bottom port. Although I like to add some more damping material to fine tune The backs are tight!! Couldn’t get the loose. I may add a terminal cup, 2” hole which...
  20. automojo

Holoaudio Spring R-2R NOS DAC

Read a great review in the current Stereophile, comparing this DAC, particularly in NOS mode, to several popular Delta Sigma DAC's, including another R-2R DAC. While I haven't listen to these particular DAC's. I have found a similar experience in comparing the NOS Project DAC Box S FL, MUSE NOS...
  21. automojo

AMT3 I need O.E. 4 ohm and 8ohm Woofers for Testing/Misco looking at drop in upgraded wof production

Talked to Dave at Misco in Minneapolis. He is looking into building a upgraded 2" high power long throw drop in woofers. This is pretty exciting!! He has a model that should fit with some minor tweaking. So...I need to borrow your O.E. AMT3 woofers, 8 and 4 ohm for the cause!! Please PM!! Will...
  22. automojo

Dual Woofer Zobel Question

Looking for a second opinion on the correct figures to enter in for two woofers wired in parallel. LE .83MH RE 5.59 I'm assuming you multiply each figure by the number of drivers, 2 in this case. Thanks!!
  23. automojo

Rest In Peace Grant Hart!!

Changed so much in many ways from that basement show back in the day...but still the same in more ways then not.. Yours and Bobs/Greg music always hit a chord in my heart. It's like this just happened today!!! Not to mention giving the speakers a good work out!! Your with the angels my friend...
  24. automojo

AMT3's

No affiliation http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Pair-of-ESS-AMT-3-Rock-Monitor-Floorstanding-speakers-LOCAL-PICKUP-ONLY-/291514215418?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43df99ebfa
  25. automojo

Tekton Design Enzo XL

Check out the review in the current Stereophile. My kinda of guy and company. I love it!:thmbsp: http://www.tektondesign.com/enzoxl.html Hmmm.......now how to convince him to add a Heil.....:D!! Just kiddin':thmbsp: If I can convince my buddy looking for a new set of speakers to bite, I...
Back
Top Bottom