Search results

1. Jfall

2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

8080DB,827072210,jfall
  2. Jfall

i love you McIntosh C45 and now with Center SP

I love my C45, it was the last component to complete an all Mc system. I wouldn't expect much improvement with a better cable in the center, but it couldn't hurt (except in the wallet :)).
  3. Jfall

LS360 Opinions

I have 360s and run them with just 130w/channel and have no problem with volume (although I don't listen very loud). They are an excellent speaker with acoustic, vocals, strings, etc. They have a dynamic 'big' sound, but I would not recommend them for rock (they sound fine for rock to me, but...
  4. Jfall

The suspense is killing me... on the verge of a BIG scroe?

A newer sound processor? Lacking USB or HDMI? Probably a professional unit, so it doesn't have that 'highend' look?
  5. Jfall

Mac Blu Ray Universal Player

The PS3 can't do DVD-audio and most models don't do SACD
  6. Jfall

Not everything is a score............

I'm taking a break... About 2000 albums in the last 10 months and I haven't listened to 10% yet. Only true bargains from now on (yeah, right!!)
  7. Jfall

XR-Q7 going in the trash....

Congratulations Jason!! That thing looks beautiful, just like mine :D So, you've compared to the Pioneer (570?) and prefer the Sansui? I was actually looking for a 570 when my XR-Q7 popped up on the 'bay and I jumped at it. Kinda cool that your broken thrift find has been turned into...
  8. Jfall

XR-Q7 going in the trash....

Wow Jason, You scared me!! I saw the thread title and thought NOOO!!! Anyway, glad you have at least manual operation (I used mine in semi-auto mode for quite awhile). The arm lifter you sent me works perfectly. My XR-Q7 is now working fully auto and it feels great to have my table...
  9. Jfall

Ebay & "Mint" & "Near mint" lp's

If a record has been played, it can't be mint. If a record has any visible marks, it can't be mint (that's right out of the definition). I agree with wordherder here; mint is a term that doesn't apply to records, unless they are unopened, in which case, the term is redundant. As a practical...
  10. Jfall

Post a picture of your turntable

Thanks for the nice comments, living proof that ebay can work! One more shot and a test of inserting a pic. Also, I took this oportunity to subscribe to AK. Well, kinda small, but it did attach
  11. Jfall

Jerry's Records

Another note on condition. The first time I went there I decided to look for Propaganda: 'A Secret Wish' a favorite from college and what I figured to be a pretty obscure album. Jerry had two copies; one pristine (the only blemish was a radio station's call letters in magic marker on the...
  12. Jfall

Jerry's Records

I love Jerry's and have found some real treasures there. Too bad I live an hour and a half away, makes it quite a haul to get there. Of course, travelling so far is the perfect excuse to buy lots when I get there. I think each time I was there Jerry himself cashed out my purchases. If you...
  13. Jfall

My introduction to vintage audio! Sansui XR-Q7 How do I paste a picture into a post, instead of just and attached thumbnail?
  14. Jfall

Your McIntosh system. 2 Channel or Multichannel? Poll.

Multi-channel (love my C45), but I mostly listen to vinyl nowadays.
  15. Jfall

Vintage turntable problem

Gotta love simple solutions!
  16. Jfall

Electronically re-channeled to simulate STEREO

This is where it gets interesting. I mostly avoid re-channeled LPs, but sometimes will pick one up. Here are a couple that I have kept. The Les Paul sounds very good; the Flatt and Scruggs, not so much (but still worth the $1 it cost). Anyone else have suggestions for re-channeled LPs...
  17. Jfall

Stanton 681EEE

The 2M black has a Shibata sylus. It sounds much more refined across the spectrum and does a much better job at delivering low level detail. Of course it should at about 4x the price. If anything, I would say the Stanton is more forgiving. Really good records sound very, very good with...
  18. Jfall

Stanton 681EEE

The 681EEE MK3 is my first cartridge. I agree, very nice. I bought mine while waiting for an Ortofon 2M black to arrive. I'm listening on my vintage DD table and find it to have a lush full sound that's very pleasing to these ears.
  19. Jfall

Great online Documentary for record collectors

Man, does that guy have a passion for the music!!
  20. Jfall

Sansui Find!!!

I've highlighted the part I'm looking for.
  21. Jfall

Sansui Find!!!

Not sure of the terminology, but I am referring to the piece that lifts the wand and that the wand slides along as it moves from the rest to the lp (and back again at the end of play). When I bought my table, the seller said that it was not original. What he failed to say was that the one on...
  22. Jfall

Sansui Find!!!

Jason, it just occured to me that if you are getting a new arm base from ETI 5000, you should have an extra arm lift. Since that is the one part that is not original on my deck, I'd be interested in buying one off you. Please let me know if you are interested.
  23. Jfall

Sansui Find!!!

Thanks Jason, I downloaded both manuals. Very cool of you to take the time to scan the images... much appreciated!
  24. Jfall

that's a great looking table and I believe it has better specs that the 1200. why the change?
  25. Jfall

Sansui Find!!!

I'd really appreciate it if you would post photos of the manuals. Any progress on rewiring the arm?
Back
Top Bottom