Search results

1. TheCrunge

Musical Paradise MP-301 Mk3

I all, I have had my MP-301 for close to four years now and have really been enjoying it, however I am having an issue I need help troubleshooting. My left channel is producing only low bass and distortion noises no matter what I do. I've tried swapping tubes, cables, and speakers and the issue...
  2. TheCrunge

$100 USD Record Cleaning Machine by Canfab3D

I'm leaving it on a minute or two after going at it with the brush from both directions. Part of my reason for revisiting this is I got a new double album the other day and even before cleaning it, it was the most silent record I've ever heard. Literally not a single tick or pop over 4 sides...
  3. TheCrunge

$100 USD Record Cleaning Machine by Canfab3D

So I bought my Squeaky Clean in January and have cleaned quite a few records. I'm using a Terigtol/distilled water cleaning with a distilled water rinse. I'm curious what everyone is using brush wise? I'm using two cheap paint brushes, but I still have some noise on some of my records, so I'm...
  4. TheCrunge

SL1200 MK2 X3

Those are pretty grungy, but a great pick up for that price. It seems like basically any part you could ever need is still available, most not too expensive. As long as the tonearms and motor work, the other stuff to get them running shouldn't be a huge deal. Nice work and good luck clean out...
  5. TheCrunge

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

The DL-110s are $222 on Amazon right now. I picked one up last week and am very happy with it so far. It still needs a bunch more break in though, I am only about 5 or 6 albums in so far.
  6. TheCrunge

Just for fun , how many feet away from your Klipschs' do you need to be till you hit that sweet spot

My KG4's are 8' away from each other, 18" off the rear wall, about 10' feet from the side walls and I listen about 6' away. Not ideal but the best I can do in my strange room. Still sounds pretty good to me.
  7. TheCrunge

Agreed that the contact film looks good. My issue was using block on a silver background highlighted all issues. I also used the cheapest CF vinyl I could find. I think with some patience and practice, you can do some pretty cool things with the stuff.
  8. TheCrunge

Well the Technics has made me take the plunge for a new cartridge. I have a Denon DL-110 incoming. Can't wait to get it!
  9. TheCrunge

So with my OCD personality, I couldn't leave the bubbled up finish alone on my new to me SL1200M3D. Last week I gently sanded it to make sure there was no structural damage to the underlying aluminum. There luckily wasn't, but I was left with bare spots on the corner of my plinth. My temporary...
  10. TheCrunge

I'd like to have a fancy answer, but I'm at around 95% rock of some variety. Need something that handles all that stuff well.
  11. TheCrunge

My SL is a big upgrade and making me think I need a new cartridge. Not sure if I should upgrade to a new cartridge or upgrade to a line contact stylus for my Shure M97XE. The issue is the number of cartridges out there is truly astounding and overwehlming.
  12. TheCrunge

Well my OCD couldn't handle the bubbling and I wound up sanding it down with very fine sandpaper to make sure there wasn't further damage underneath it. There wasn't so, I have a nice shiny bare metal corner of my table. Eventually I may need to look into getting this powder coated if I am going...
  13. TheCrunge

The guy I bought from hadn't been using it for DJing but it had been. It definitely wasn't set up right since I couldnt balance it properly with the weight on it. If the bubbling bothers my OCD too much I may just put a cover on the plinth. And Little Feat is up tomorrow. I have a pile of stuff...
  14. TheCrunge

So much for my patience. I picked up a slightly scruffy 1200M3D for $200 yesterday. The guy wanted $250 but the cueing perch had broken off so I got it for a bit less. After figuring out that there an additional counterweight hidden there and some superglue to fix the cueing mechanism it seems...
  15. TheCrunge

Yeah I've been on AK since right around that time, unfortunately I wasn't in a position with disposable income back then. Honestly I've been looking at other tables like the VPIs and the like up to around $1500 until recently, but I'm a fan of things that are overengineered. The Technics...
  16. TheCrunge

I've read through this thread the past few days and I'm seriously jealous of some of the deals people have gotten the past few years. NYC area around here is all either beaten on $300 DJ tables or ones in okay condition for $500. Guess I'm going to have to be patient, something I'm terrible at...
  17. TheCrunge

Pyramid Power Supply Noise?

I have to assume the table is grounded. The ground wire is connected to the ground screw on the V-LPS. I guess it could be disconnected somewhere, but the noise is only really bad during lead in/out of the record before it returns itself. I also noticed there is some noise with the stock wall...
  18. TheCrunge

Pyramid Power Supply Noise?

Hey everyone. I got a Musical Fidelity V-LPS last year along with a Pyramid PS-3KX power supply. After being annoyed with a huge amount of hum, I am coming to the realization that my power supply might be faulty. Does anyone else have one of these that hums or are they silent when turned on...
  19. TheCrunge

Grado 325, 325i's with gold cans? Silver?

I don't know the timelines, but as far as I know the original 325's were black alumnium and shaped like the rest of the older, pre "i" SR line. Then they were changed in color to aluminum, then to gold on the 325i, and now to chrome for the 325is. Hope this helps.
  20. TheCrunge

Cool North Jersey Record Shop

I agree with that. They need a better method to organize the records. Good call calling some attention to Flipside too. I have been going there for 3 or 4 years now. Pass it every day on my way home from work. Usually is an interesting crowd in there, usually sampling some form or another of...
  21. TheCrunge

Let's see your cans!

Here is my take on woodied Grados. 1" thick Mahogany shells. Not as fancy as the Walnut ones posted above, but I am pretty happy with how they sound and look.
  22. TheCrunge

Let's see your cans!

Those are absolutely beautiful. Puts my Mahogany cups to shame. Will post some pics up later if I get them together tonight.
  23. TheCrunge

Which Older CD Player To Pursue

Is it possible to find a Planet for less than $200 unless you are the luckiest person in the world. I've been browsing Ebay and CL for months and when they rarely show up, the seem to go for $300-400. I would love for for less than $200 though, maybe its just me though......
  24. TheCrunge

Recommended Freeware CD Ripping / Burning Software

I agree with the recommendation for using Burrn to make cds. I went from using Nero to Burrn at slow speed and it greatly reduced the number of skips and bad spots in the cds I was making. Its dead simple to use, free, and burns a ton of different formats.
  25. TheCrunge

Records at work?

I would like to see more about that DIY turntable. I might have missed it in the past, but it looks really cool.
Back
Top Bottom