Search results

1. outshined

Spying on you from your cell phone.

Apparently, anyone can tap your cell phone and listen to your calls, look at your text messaging, and even spy on you while you're not on the cell phone. I don't know if this is really true. I thought it was interesting, so here's the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCyKcoDaofg
  2. outshined

Infinity Kappa 5

I've never heard these, although I have heard several other Infinitys, and owned the Qa. These have the Emit K tweeter. Do these sound good, and what would be a fair price for a pair in NM condition? Thanks.
  3. outshined

Car Stereo Advice Needed!

Any of you into car stereo? I wanna replace the stock speakers in my '07 Monte SS. Seems that there are 4 6x9's, but I'm not sure about that size.I have some Q's... (I posted this in Wheels Wings Mud and Water, but no response.) 1) What are some decent speaker brands? I know the brands, I...
  4. outshined

Need New Car Stereo Advice.

Any of you into car stereo? I wanna replace the stock speakers in my '07 Monte SS. Seems that there are 4 6x9's, but I'm not sure about that size.I have some Q's... 1) What are some decent speaker brands? I know the brands, I just don't know which ones are better/best. 2) Should I put...
  5. outshined

Ferrari Going Hybrid

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2009/03/04/confirmed-ferrari-going-hybrid/
  6. outshined

Where do YOU buy your diabetic cats food?

Seems I can't find a place (other than a vet, who doesn't have the exact kind I need) that sells diabetic cat food. So, where do you get your cats food? At the vet, or...? I have found the syringes, but not the food. Big savings on the needles. I guess I'll have to speak with the vet and...
  7. outshined

Automatic Kitty Litter Box

I was sure this came up already, and I searched back to June of '07, but no luck. So... Sorry if this has been gone over. Does anyone use one of those automatic kitty litter boxes, you know, the ones that scoop the litter for you? Recommendations on a decent one? Do they work well? Etc...
  8. outshined

Anyone Onstar Ever Malfunction?

I rarely use Onstar in my '07 Monte SS, but had a question for them and so I hit the button. The response was "Cannot connect to Onstar." I tried it again several times, and finally, I was able to connect. However, the rep told me that she couldn't locate my car, even though it was parked...
  9. outshined

LCD Developing Dark Streaks. Why?

My 32" LCD display first developed a prominent, but small dark spot about a half inch long and maybe 3/8" wide, and was vertically oriented. I shrugged it off as maybe I had pressed too hard on the screen, and caused it. (Not likely, though, 'cause I know better than to push on a liquid crystal...
  10. outshined

The Day The Music Died: 50 Years Ago Today

CLEAR LAKE, Iowa (AP) — It's been 50 years since a single-engine plane crashed into a snow-covered Iowa field, instantly killing three men whose names would become enshrined in the history of rock 'n' roll. The passing decades haven't diminished fascination with that night on Feb. 2, 1959...
  11. outshined

Petition in the works: Fix "Death Magnetic"

I read that a petition is circulating to re-do Metallicas Death Magnetic to tame the horrible sound. It will be presented to the record label. I'm sure the label knows about the sound, as does the band. So, will a petition work? :scratch2:
  12. outshined

High-End Smash and Grab. Merry Christmas!

why buy those expensive flat screens and blu ray players, when you can play smash and grab? :D http://www.myfoxstl.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=8451D3FB3A5393554A50616893B07FEB?contentId=8102879&version=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1
  13. outshined

Surround Format?

Would someone please settle a question that I'm getting conflicting answers about? I say that the de facto standard for all hi-def audio formats (blu ray disc, etc.) is 5.1 channels. Any more channels than this are fabricated by digital wizardry in certain surround processors, my own Yamaha...
  14. outshined

Computer Question.

I have Yahoo Messenger and would like to get rid of it, but I don't know how? It doesn't show up in my list of programs. If I do a search, it just gives me shortcuts to Yahoo stuff. Does anyone know how I can un-install Messenger? Thanks.
  15. outshined

So Long, Yankee Stadium

Today, the last game will be played in Yankee Stadium. Eighty-five years of some of the best baseball memories ever. Maybe the best. Coverage is on ESPN all day, with the game at 7:15 EDT. Thanks for the memories... And I'm looking forward to next season at the new park :thmbsp:
  16. outshined

Beatles album sells for $12k

I caught a snippet of The Antiques Roadshow today. A woman bought The Beatles "Today and Yesterday" on the Capitol label. (I think that's the title?) She bought it at Sears on a one day sale of this release, or so it goes, when she was in high school. The appraiser valued it at $10-12k, and...
  17. outshined

Win 2 Dream 'Vettes and Help Some Kids

The Kids Wish Network is sponsoring a giveaway where you can win two Corvette dream cars: An '08 570 HP Lingenfelter 427 drop top and a '67 427 Tri-power 430 HP drop top. Valued at $250,000. You don't need to make a donation, and the cars come tax free!! This would be a good way to help out...
  18. outshined

DON'T Do This Yourself!

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/photos/0,,20206857_20470630,00.html
  19. outshined

R.I.P. Bobby Mercer

Yankee great Bobby Murcer, RIP. One of my favorite Yankees. The Yankee Nation will forever miss you. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2008/07/12/2008-07-12_until_the_very_end_bobby_murcer_showed_h.html
  20. outshined

Q For 'Puter Geeks ~ HELP!

All of a sudden my puter shows me "Content Advisor" and it prevents me from viewing certain sites. What is this, and, more importantly, how do I get rid of it!! Running windows XP. Thanks.
  21. outshined

Buyer on eBay backs out, what to do?

I sold a Hemi engine on eBay. The high bidder now wants to back out, but pay the fees. He never emailed me about the engine. He's citing the high cost of shipping. Duh... The good-natured side of me thinks "OK, no problem, whatever" The rational side is telling me to burn his ass, and ruin...
  22. outshined

RS IIb w/EQ

Black, 9/10 condition. Refoamed woofs. Seller says less than 50 hours play time total on the speakers. $1500 PLUS around $900 freight/packing. I think this is way too high, or am I...
  23. outshined

Why can't I view the Classifieds?

When I click on the classified section, this is all I get... Do I need to change something, or? http://audiokarma.org/ads/
  24. outshined

Sony PS3 the "Best" Blu-Ray Player?

http://www.hometheatermag.com/discplayers/508sonyps3/
  25. outshined

emims, emits, and carver sonic holography

Anyone use their RS or Kappa series Infinities with a Carver Sonic Hologram Generator? Maybe the Kappa series might be better because of the more conventional midrange and tweeter. But, how about the EMIMS? I'm wondering if the dispersion pattern of EMITS and EMIMS are conducive to good Sonic...
Back
Top Bottom