Search results

1. Windwalker

New to me SL-D202 with Pickering V15, what stylus?

Looking for a decent replacement for this new to me setup Cartridge is just labeled Pickering V-15 (no / at or anything) ETA: Did a bit more looking at things and current broken stylus is D-5-E Thanks Oh yea, any idea what other dust covers might fight this?
  2. Windwalker

Lots of Audio-Technica Cartridge/Stylus deals, From $18-$250

As seen on Slickdeals Focus Camera has some REALLY good pricing on various AT cartridges/Stylus/Combos Inventory seems to come and go Shipping is free use code CMDEAL Couple of examples AT VM740ML-$129 AT95SH-$129 with head shell Happy Hunting
  3. Windwalker

Estate Sale-Electronics,(Collectibles, Décor & More)-Oxford OH

Not mine But lots of goodies in this one https://www.ebth.com/sales/33483-electronics-collectibles-decor-more
  4. Windwalker

A tell of 3 Technics-1300/1400/1300MK2

Somehow over the years, a few turntables have managed to follow me home Now, finally, getting to the clean and repair stage of some that have been buried on the bottom Have mainly been using my Pioneer Stuff (518/530/600) but these Technics need some love and some spin time all have some...
  5. Windwalker

Optimus pro 7AV, question

Have a pair of these and one quit working Anyone have any idea how you get into the cabinet (and is it even worth going in, not sure if there might be a protection fuse in there or not. Or crossever cap gone bad or replace blown driver. I use these on my bench) Thanks
  6. Windwalker

NAD 1155 pre-amp wiring question

Picked this up many many moons ago, had no idea it was the 220v version It can be jumper'd inside for 120v and I've been using it that way with UK->US adapter but decided to put a new US power cord on it Old power cord used a blue and a brown wire Brown went to white on back outlet and blue...
  7. Windwalker

Power cord relief grommets

I learned something new today There's an actual tool for removing/installing these things. I've always just used some vise-grips/pliers/swearing here
  8. Windwalker

Lafayette LR-4000, Bulb help-please

Have one of these on the bench seems to behaving pretty nicely Has a couple bulbs burned out-both tuning and signal strength Anyone with some pointers on how to get to them? Thanks
  9. Windwalker

B&W DM/4 HELP

So picked up a pair of DM/4s some time back One of them didn't sound quite right, seemed the mid wasn't working. No problem I thought, as I've done a far number of speaker repairs. Well I might have screwed the pooch on this one I saw those three (what I thought were mounting) screws holding...
  10. Windwalker

Cart ID, please

A Realistic/AT Only markings are 323 Clearly a P mount Any idea what stylus might work on it? My google foo is weak... ETA: seems smaller than a DR350 I had to compare it with
  11. Windwalker

Repair person in INDY

a FB acquaintance messaged me after seeing a post I made about fixin' up some vintage gear Said her Fiance has an Akia GX630 that has a "burnt" head, says record side works but play does not, now worked for a while after he tried repair Claims to have a replacement part Anyone have a...
  12. Windwalker

Pioneer PL-950, Couple questions

Ended up with a PL-950 somewhere along the way seems to be a decent table, this is the one with the ULM Straight Arm cant't seem to find a service manual on ii I pulled the bottom and lubed what I could get to easily(there's a big plastic plate, with lots of bits connected to it that blocks...
  13. Windwalker

picked up a Dual 621,more questions

Picked this up about a year ago, just now getting around to working on it Seems a decent table, likely will not be keeping it as I know someone looking to get into vinyl 1. Currently has a Shure M97(old version) on it, stylus is shot Is that a decent cart for this table? and would this likely be...
  14. Windwalker

RDU Craig's list, DCM Timeframe t-250

Had a pair of these way back, when Sounded really good. Sold em, wondering if I I should buy another pair ?? Thinking 100 would be a good offer... https://raleigh.craigslist.org/ele/d/dcm-timeframe-250/6251522897.html
  15. Windwalker

Sansui 400-bulb glue

Opened up a 400 that's been on tha to-do bench for quite a while Couple bulbs burned out they're the old screw-in flashlight style bulbs, with some kind of white glue on em What can be used to remove that glue I got some off with dental picks but one's still hanging tightly to the base and no...
  16. Windwalker

Trying to decide which deck to keep

have a couple decks and trying to decide which to keep Deck-1). Onkyo TA-RW313 Dolby B/C HX Pro Dual Well Deck-2). Denon DRR-680 Dolby B/C HX Pro Single well Both sound about the same to my ears The Onkyo is quite a bit heavier Both in excellent cosmetic shape GO...... ETA: cassettes are...
  17. Windwalker

What might a Stromberg-Carlson 1210PG-M be worth

It's a pull Power cord cut off no idea of working conditions tubes are 6BA6-6BE6-6BA6-6BA6-6AU6-6H6-6AT6-6SC7-6V6GT-6V6GT-5Y3GT appears to be 10W Mono Includes speaker,metal face-plate and knobs-in good order Thanks
  18. Windwalker

Technics SA-103 bulb help

Picked one of these up the other day Looked like it spent it's life in a brick making factory but got cleaned up Sounds pretty decent Couple bulbs are burned out there are two on the dial pointer Anyone know what watt/voltage/size they are? Thanks
  19. Windwalker

Transaudio Speakers-any idea

local thrift has a pair of em Anyone ever heard of them Heavy as all get out appeared to be 15" that need refoaming and phenolic resin type tweets cabs are vinyl basic generic sticker on the back Model 1011 b they were asking 30, which seems high
  20. Windwalker

Console ID II

stopped at a tag sale today, they had this Zenith console Believe probably quite high in asking price-160 but tomorrow is last day any info is welcome, all tubes were in it, top in very rough condition
  21. Windwalker

Console ID

can't decide Console or sideboard Hep me
  22. Windwalker

Infinity Reference 6, refoam/repair question

I'm redoing a pair of these and was cleaning the old foam off the 10" basket last night. Razor knife slipped and I cut the cone(hate it when that happens) cut/rip is about an 1" long What's the best way to repair? The reference 6 uses a plastic type cone-polypropylene is stuck in my head...
  23. Windwalker

EPI T/E 100, refoam question

Looking to bring a pair of T/E 100s back to life Found some of the prolyprop drivers and have the replacement foams But have one question Did the original foams go on the outside of the cones or the inside?
  24. Windwalker

RDU-Vintage Stuff, decent price

Hopefully an AKer snagged it I was 2nd in line Quality vintage stereo equipment - $200 (Carrboro) I have for sale 4 pieces of vintage stereo equipment recently brought out of storage: PIONEER stereo receiver (made in Japan) model SX-980 $100 YAMAHA stereo receiver model CR-820 $100 JVC...
  25. Windwalker

Seems a just a smidge high to me

Technics 1200 MK2 Turntable Heavily Modified! - $1000 The Technics 1200 MK2 is stuff of legend. This is a turntable that can withstand nuclear war and still sound great afterwards. What makes this particular turntable special is that I took an already great one and made it better. The...
Back
Top Bottom