Search results

1. P

Fisher 500-c

No affiliation but clean looking receiver. Wish I had the beans to pick it up. https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/166361338_fisher-500-c-wide-band-fm-receiver-and-technics-turntable
  2. P

Identify this turntable

I was thinking the same about grinding to a point. The arm is wired (not well) for stereo and came with Shure prestige and a Shure model v-15 type 3. Do you think the arm would be ok with stereo?
  3. P

Identify this turntable

No idea, I guess this table isn't worth messing with.
  4. P

Identify this turntable

You win Bob. The picture above is from the Craigslist add. Below are a couple of my pictures. The turntable appears to work well but the Audax arm is missing one of the pivot screws and the screw the holds the counter weight. The counter weight screw shouldn't be a problem to replace but the...
  5. P

Identify this turntable

Anyone know what this is?
  6. P

Tube Depot - TubeCube 7

After a closer look I'm not going to take it apart. It's held together with specialty screws and I don't have a matching bit. The amp is very quiet. No hum or hiss. I driving a pair of diy rat pipes with Coral holey baskets. I didn't try the supplied Chinese tubes. Hifi guy is right...
  7. P

Tube Depot - TubeCube 7

Nice little amp for little money. The amp is single ended. It uses 2 6bq5 tubes and a 12ax7. No power transformer, has a switching power supply. Hope to take the cover of this week and take a peak. I'll post pictures.
  8. P

All I want is a good Revox A77

If both decks are the same version I would swap the power supply boards and she if it fixes your original deck. Also check out nagravox for a cap kit. Comes with all the correct caps and detailed instructions.
  9. P

6aq5

check out ax84.com
  10. P

Tube AMP Newb - Dynaco ST70 Advice Please

Take a look at the tubes4hifi driver boards and upgraded can cap. The board replaces the selenium rectifier and allows for individual tube bias. It will really clean up your wiring you should also replace the input RCAs while you are in there. I did this to my 70 and couldn't be happier.
  11. P

Need a belt for a Phillips GA427 TT

Vintage-electronics.net. Bought several belts from them and all were fine. One was for a 212.
  12. P

Need some advice on my Dahlquist DQ-10's

I would look for a power amp with 200+ WPC. I'm running my DQs with a Audiosource 7T (200 watt) and they sound great. The Audiosource 7T is tripath based and only out for a year or so. I picked mine up in 2007. I would look for a Hafler DH500 if I had to replace my current amp. I have...
  13. P

Revox A77 - Different Case

Picked it up today and it is a MK2 suitcase model with built in speakers and amp. Cleaned it up and put it in wood case from parts unit. Works and sounds nice but long over due for a recap.
  14. P

Thanks for all the replies. I searched a bit and this does look like the suitcase model. I have a MK1 with a bad playback head. Hopefully I will be able to put together a decent deck.
  15. P

Thanks FONSguy. Not sure, picking it up this Sunday.
  16. P

Just won the attached on the auction site and will pick up this Sunday. The case looks different than any I've seen. Is this a suitcase model? I think it might be the MK3 model.
  17. P

Akai GX 625

I have a 625 and like it a lot. I would make sure the famous Akai transistors have been replaced or negotiate a discount. Replacement transistors are cheap and can be replaced in a couple hours. There are several threads on the topic.
  18. P

Denon DP35F question

Mine won't start with the head shell off the arm.
  19. P

Denon DP35F question

You might be right. I have the DP45F and it needs a record on the table. I'll pull it out this weekend and see what happens if I put a record on the table and remove the headshell.
  20. P

Denon DP35F question

You also might need to have a record on the platter.
  21. P

Fixed cueing arm lift for Technics sl1300-1400-1500 mk2 series

Thanks. Was hoping it would stop at the end like my Philips 212. That said this is a nice sounding table and definately worth fixing.
  22. P

Fixed cueing arm lift for Technics sl1300-1400-1500 mk2 series

I just picked up a 1500mk2 this weekend and the cueing doesn't work. I don't mind picking up and droping the arm but my table also keeps spinning at the end of the record. Does replacement of the cueing part cause the motor to switch off at the end of the record or it mine functioning as designed.
  23. P

Those Small Cheap Speakers You're After?

Here is a little bigger version that is on my do to list. Probably not much of a cost saving by the time I source the drivers, ply, and hardware. http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/zigmahornet/zigmahornet.html
  24. P

Phil CL Potential Score

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/fuo/4758497035.html wish i had room
  25. P

12AD7 tubes - has anyone ever used them?

Some Sony tube RtRs have nice full range speakers.
Back
Top Bottom