Search results

1. Bones13

Bones's Cave 2013

Finally cleaned up the space, and took some pictures. Only have to hang the ceiling panel today. My space is 9.5x14 ft, with a 4x11 hall enterning next to the left speaker. Racks are SolidTech. Panels are GIK Acoustics.
  2. Bones13

Speaker placement in a tall room (non-critical listening)

Working on the plans for a new house. (Man-cave will be 11.5x16 or so, not the subject of this question) I plan to have ceiling speakers for the bedroom, bathroom, and outside screened in porch. We listen to music alot while lounging around the house in our post-children era. I don't plan...
  3. Bones13

Question about TT grounding.

I know that the static issue will be less when winter is over, and our humidity returns to the Gulf Coast. That being said, I try to make do with a Xerostat gun, and Audioquest carbon fiber brush. The question I have is simple. My legacy vintage turntable is a Mitsubishi DP-6 and did not...
  4. Bones13

IC Construction Question

My system nears the short term level completion. I have the below speaker rig, and have a pair of Quicksilver Mini-Mites ordered. I plan to use the Cambridge Audio integrated amp as pre-amp for the time being. Question being, that I want to do a mess of ICs for the system, and swap out the...
  5. Bones13

Record Cleaning Advice

I have been slowly putting my dad's old record through the record cleaning routine, prior to using them on my TT. Most are just dusty/dirty, and clean well, with very few clicks/pops. I have come across some from his collection, and some purchased used with actual scratches, some that are...
  6. Bones13

Hey from Lower Alabama

New to AK, although I have lurked for a bit. I have mainly been at Head-Fi for my recent return to audiophilia a few years back. Headphone Setup - at work: iMac - PS Audio DLIII (cullen lvl 4 mods) - Ray Samuels Audio Apache Amp with balanced Senn HD800 and Balanced AT W5000. Also have a...
  7. Bones13

McIntosh from the '60s

Considering "inheriting" my dad's system. McIntosh Pre-amp of uncertain vintage (I am going to look at numbers this christmas), and a pair of tubed monoblocks (pretty sure these were present in late 60s, so no younger than that) - I think 50 watts, but not sure. He used to have a pair of DIY...
Back
Top Bottom