Search results

1. dr. eric

CD Recorder trouble. :/

Tell me where I went wrong. I've been using this Cd Recorder for maybe almost 2 years, and then probably early last spring or late last winter I stopped using the recording function because well, I had made enough Cds from enough Vinyl recording that I was satisfied, and now, a few weeks ago...
  2. dr. eric

Revolver in Mono

Tomorrow never knows sounds awesome in mono. that was why I first started to appreciate the sound of mono.
  3. dr. eric

Scored: Akai GX-77 aka DA MASTER

I just got one of these for free... It was free in a trash pile. When I play from left reel to right reel it only plays in the right channel. when I play from the right reel to the left reel it plays in both channels, any idea one what this could be? or how to fix it? I picked up two other decks...
  4. dr. eric

Is there a simple way to search for vintage receivers/their accompanying functions?

My favorite ones always have the option for two phonos, as well as two tape decks and an auxilary, and possibly even more if they exist. I'm mainly into vintage but I've noticed on the new surround sound system that my dad bought it has several options for mp3, ipods, and whatnot, dvd vhs ect...
  5. dr. eric

Greatest Double Albums That Are Best Listened To From Start To Finish

todd rundgren, something anything as well as the the kinks preservation act 2
  6. dr. eric

Favorite mono recordings?

The Beatles Revolver
  7. dr. eric

Are these Crap?

I dunno I like it loud often, maybe I should. Not many people interested in buying things other than online. I'll keep them until they blow, but I don't expect them to. I'll be careful as I can. Why are these smaller speakers so much louder than bigger ones? Just a natural thing? higher...
  8. dr. eric

Are these Crap?

I do not need tweeters with these for sure. i need more rumble.
  9. dr. eric

Are these Crap?

Panasonics? Didnt get the EIC codes yet. They are in fantastic shape by the way, nothing is loose and the cosmetic condition is fantastic, I pulled the grills off, they aren't missing. nothing to refurbish, I'm sure my granpda never even played them passed a whisper level. He was running these...
  10. dr. eric

Are these Crap?

I guess you guys are right on the opinion thing. I hooked them up to my bedroom system and they are a lot louder than the infinity's that i had in there. the infinities are the same size exactly, but these things crank. I have four speakers in my room, two big ones for bass and then the mid...
  11. dr. eric

Are these Crap?

I got these from my grandpa for free. They sound better than my lloyds I was using in the garage. nothing expensive is to be used in the garage. They are some older looking Ampex model 515. I was just wondering if they are nice or anything. They look unique to me.
  12. dr. eric

AM Wideband -- a revelation

just a portable super-radio, an older one made by GE sounds great, use it at the cabin, cause all the FM stations suck. AM1320KOZY
  13. dr. eric

Best Song Intros

hush deep purple, or tequila by the champs
  14. dr. eric

Sansui won't record? D-79R

they are intact, i already knew all about those, i just thought you were talking about the deck. i even put my fingers up to the sensing tabs in the deck and nothing happened.
  15. dr. eric

World's largest record collection is for sale....

hold on! Why doesn't Audiokarma raise money to buy the collection? how many dollars would that per person???
  16. dr. eric

is this "leaf tab" a metal peice or are you reffering to something plastic? not sure what a leaf tab is. but I'll try it tomorrow when I'm not working. no school for 9 days! have plans to spend over 200 (maybe?) at a closing =( record store. nice old innocent man owns it, too. The last of it's...
  17. dr. eric

I'm lost. Sansui D-79R...got it at goodwill, i have many sansui units so i figured, why not one more for ten bucks? I've only had tape players that have mechanical push buttons for controls though, this seems to be electronic tabs that you push. I can't get it to record. It sounds great...
  18. dr. eric

LD birthday!

my friends were amazed to find out that I had not seen the movie pulp fiction before. I jokingly said I'd only watch it if you can find it on laserdisc. watched it a few weeks ago. what an awesome movie.
  19. dr. eric

has dynaflex always sucked?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but it's a vinyl question. I am not old enough to know but did dynaflex suck as much back when it came out as much as it does now? any album that I have from the ealry 70's (nilsson, kinks, guess who) sounds pretty warbly or noisy. Do they not stand the...
  20. dr. eric

CD Recorder

easy for me to answer. I bought a sony RCD W500c. I havent had any dislikes about it. I believe it was in the 200 range. holds 6 discs, auto track marking (I don't reccomend it for noisy records) machine takes a while to get to know, but i can be a tard sometimes, so. good luck.
  21. dr. eric

Any lawyers out there?

spray paint it is.
  22. dr. eric

Pearls Before Swine comic: 26 Oct 08

I thought of AK immediately when I read this.
  23. dr. eric

Any lawyers out there?

I have no idea. Because everybody is sue happy. does the size of the box affect shipping $? or just the weight?
  24. dr. eric

Any lawyers out there?

Could I get sued for being so cheap that I go to the back alley of Subway and ship things using perfectly good recycled boxes that say Subway all over them? Or is there that once you throw it out, it's public, rule?? ...plus I work at that subway anyhow, so that specific store doesnt care what i...
  25. dr. eric

Which high powered Sansui receiver?

i might not know what I'm talking about but i love my AU 717
Back
Top Bottom