Search results

1. m4rz

Let's talk about buying new firniture...

I have to be honest. I check CL for furniture all the time and have been very successful. The only downside is that when people advertise it sounds great at a great price, but you really must know what you are looking at or you could end up with furniture that won't last. In my case, I have...
  2. m4rz

If you woke up in a barn full of vinyl, what would you look for?

I'm with Tarl on this one...thanks for making me laugh today.
  3. m4rz

Hi from Canada

Welcome!
  4. m4rz

this kid is good

I have seen funtwo, but never the vivaldi one...that was excellent
  5. m4rz

this kid is good

Outstanding!!! Both of these kids.
  6. m4rz

Best eBay Tube Seller?

Bassphil -> let me know which tubes you go for and how they are. I have the same Yaqin
  7. m4rz

A couple of homemade guitars

yes the pictures have disappeared...not sure why. :(
  8. m4rz

Your Introduction Into Hi-Fi-How Did It Happen?

My mom played piano all her life and taught. We had 2 pianos in the house, so just before we went to bed, mom would start playing and wouldn't stop until well into the night (I still can't fall asleep unless there's music playing). As we got older she played less however my father had bough a...
  9. m4rz

Greek Audiophiles Society little movie

I laughed when they were asked how much money they spent and the wives went white. This was a great little short. I don't have the means to have a system such as theirs, but for the most part completely agreed with the feelings they had about music. My favourite comment was from the gentleman...
  10. m4rz

My wife has "The Fever"

Outstanding! 2 people in the house spending money on audio :)
  11. m4rz

Lurker says 'hello'

welcome...great place to be :)
  12. m4rz

I won't sell you the SP-15, but I will give it to you!

cheese louise that is fantastic!
  13. m4rz

My goofy dog

If that's a Springer (or has springer in him)...they look sedate until they get that twinkle in their eyes and the games begin...great looking dog btw. I have always had dogs and for the very reason that you stated, they make me laugh every day and wash the crap from my days away :)
  14. m4rz

Director John Hughes is dead.

I was floored when I heard this on the news. His movies certainly helped to illustrate a generation.
  15. m4rz

Magnepan MGIIc's

I have the 2As, and I agree with the OP. These ARE my main speakers and will remain such for a very long time.
  16. m4rz

Does anybody else match their interior decor/furniture to their gear? Pics.

Those Eames chairs are my "holy grail" of furniture. I just can't afford them as of yet.
  17. m4rz

Does anybody else match their interior decor/furniture to their gear? Pics.

excellent pad...I too have some vintage furniture to match my gear, however I must complete the rest of the house before I finish the basement :) Mine is very, very humble in comparison.
  18. m4rz

Ethernet network wiring

Typically in a professional install they use a "service coil" of roughly 10-20' of excess "ethernet" cable in case something happens to the jack and they need more cable or they have to move it. As long as you stay within the rated 330' of ethernet cable you will be fine.
  19. m4rz

Vintage Magnepan Magneplanar speakers MG-IIB - $100

I have the MG2a's and they will "have to be pried from my cold dead hands". That said, I don't know what the repair cost would be but there is ALOT of information online on either how to do it yourself or having them repaired by Magneplanar.
  20. m4rz

Big Dogs

Yes, I heard that they are "heart breakers". I had a giant giant schnauzer that was 130lbs in his hay day, and he was a lapdog. I really love the dane look and I have a huge amount of space. I am still going to take her to a local breeder so that she can see what they are like....we'll see. I...
  21. m4rz

"The" Turntable is for sale....

"ain't very often"??? I have never seen one of those!
  22. m4rz

Big Dogs

My wife is letting me get a second dog. I am absolutely in love with Great Danes, but she is a little "shy" of their size...any suggestions for the "convincing". Great looking dog BTW! Apparently you got the "mini" Cornwalls :)
  23. m4rz

Someone's pulling my leg here.

we have guys like this in Canada that advertise an outstanding car for cheap. When I have enquired about viewing it, they of course never ever return my emails or call.
  24. m4rz

This thread is happily dedicated to my dog

I have had dogs my entire life, and would not want nor can I think about living without one (or many). I am very happy for your companionship as there is no rival for a dogs love. I will say that the loyalty that Query displays for you is not something that is learned, it is earned which also...
  25. m4rz

Strangest thing...

I tried the subsonic filter and it got rid of the actually woofer insanity (pumping in and out), however, when I put my ear close to the woofers, I could hear a low rumble. I have the TT isolated, on a sandbox, with wooden slabs as feet with a hockey puck underneath. The TT is on top of a flexy...
Back
Top Bottom