Search results

1. m4rz

Yaquin MS-12B and MC Cartridges

Has anyone use the Yaquin MS-12B with an MC Cartridge? I want to get a new cart for my TT and was after the AT440MLa.
  2. m4rz

Don't know if this should go in Vintage TV

No affiliation blah blah...but WTH is this guy thinking. http://guelph.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-home-garden-Grow-op-hidden-in-T-V-Light-included-W0QQAdIdZ140779043
  3. m4rz

I think I learned something...but...?? (help needed)

So far I have learned that with my subs (NHT SW2) and the passive crossover, the load on my amp remains the same (roughly) as my subs...8 ohms. But here's the kicker. I also just learned that the passive crossover is set for 130Hz, which when matched with my MGIIs, doesn't allow the maggies to...
  4. m4rz

Putting subs BEHIND Maggies ??

Is there a problem with putting subs behind Maggies - will it interfere with the sound of the bi-polars Maggies?
  5. m4rz

Finally finished audio rack (sort of)!

Well, it took a couple of weeks just by virtue of the time I could donate to getting my audio rack done. It was a fun exercise. I also built a TT Sandbox and will now have to get a new needle as I think mine got damaged in the "change over" :( I may even buy the Benz Micro MC20E2 but I am not...
  6. m4rz

I am soo freakin angry right now!!! (kinda long)

I joined this forum over a year ago as I wanted to get back to listening to music. Not turning my back on HT, however provide myself with a vehicle to experience music much like I had in my younger days...sans parties, drinking, etc ;), and I found this place, infested with people with similar...
  7. m4rz

component and stand feet

Just in the process of building my TNT Flexy rack, well at least my variation. I am using 5/8" threaded rod x4 to keep the unit together. It will only sit about 36" tall, and have 4 shelves. Each shelf is 2 x 3/4" maple ply glued together with poplar edging (it's cheap and the contrast will...
  8. m4rz

Yaqin preamp and my SS amplifier - assistance please

I have been reading a ton about the benefit of a tube preamplifier and SS amplifier. I am in the need of a new preamp as I am happy with my Kenwood C-1 however, with my new to me amplifier (yamaha PC202M), I am wondering if the Yaqin MS-12B would be a good match or is there a better preamplifier...
  9. m4rz

My new amp - like Linus' Christmas tree

Well, I bit. I have been wanting to get a new (to me) amplifier, and something that I would keep for awhile. I found a Yamaha PC2002M online, talked a little with the seller, then dropped by to take a look. The seller is the owner of an electronics repair shop. I got there, and the amp is a...
  10. m4rz

what to look for when testing an amplifier

I am going to go look at a Yamaha PC2002m amplifier tomorrow. Apparently the person that is selling it has had some of the caps replaced and has brought it up to spec (this will be the single largest purchase so I want to make sure I get something in good shape). I am not sure what gear he has...
  11. m4rz

anyone mismatch pioneer with yamaha

anyone mix and match pioneer with yamaha I haven't had the chance to test this out. I like the power and smoothness of Pioneer gear, but I also like the detail of Yamaha gear. Here's my dilema. I have a cr-1020 that the wife really likes in the living room with a pair of castle pembrokes...
  12. m4rz

Anyone use cinder blocks for their TT?

I recently picked up an audio stand that I am very unsatisfied with. It provides interesting feedback when located near my subs. This causes my turntable to produce almost an echo bass effect. I will be removing all equipment from the stand for the time being until I can build a flexi rack. My...
  13. m4rz

I have to ask...laugh all you want!

So here goes...my shame ;0 On an integrated amp with a pre-out and pre-in, can you just use the pre-out to the amp or do you have to "y" from pre-out to amp and back to pre-in?
  14. m4rz

yamaha cx800 preamplifier

I really had my heart set on the Yamaha CX-1000 preamplifier. However, as with all things, I was unable to get one. I have heard excellent reviews on the CX-1000 particularly the phono section which is really what I am after. Does the CX-800 compare and are there other Yamaha amplifiers that...
  15. m4rz

what are my speakers load to the amplifier

I have searched to determine what my speaker load on my amp is.... I have 2 subs NHT SW2 @ 8ohm that are wired directly to my amp. From the Subs (with "satellite out") they are wired to my MG2As @ 6 ohms Here's my calculation Speaker A= 8(subs) + 6(MGs) = 14 Resistance = (14 Ohms x 14 Ohms) /...
  16. m4rz

Spec 4 amp -> Is it for me?

I have posted a fair chunk about finding an amplifier for my new found speakers. I really love the look of the Pioneer Silvers and in my mind they perform much better than the majority of new stuff out there. There is a Spec 4 amp that is local to me and I am wondering if this would be...
  17. m4rz

Diving In! Kappa 6

For the first time in my "garage sale" ing experience, I actually found something...a pair of Kappa 6's. The cabs are decent enough that I can refinish them and bring them back -> not too concerned about this. (sorry should mention I payed 10 bucks). I am going to attempt to do a refoam on an...
  18. m4rz

Another Mc uestion

I have a pair of MG2As and a pair of NHT SW-2 passive subs. I have seen a MC2155 locally and am wondering how it handles 4 Ohm Loads?
  19. m4rz

Dynaco MKIII Question

I know that the these tube amplifiers are mono and are 60 RMS. I also am aware that MGIIAs need alot of clean power to drive them. If I look at a pair of these, would they drive the Maggies to pure enjoyment or are they really to underpowered to give the maggies what they need?
  20. m4rz

Yamaha CX-1000 - what is the going rate ??

I have someone that I deal with that has a CX-1000 pre. I like the idea of a remote (yes I am ultimately lazy). What should I expect to pay for something like this? Also, is there something that I should look for when I go see the amp to determine if it's in good functioning shape? As usual...
  21. m4rz

Manual for GFA-1A - adjustment information

Just wondering if the DC-Offset for one of these amps can be done? I can't find anything in the manual :) Cheers
  22. m4rz

McCormack TLC-1

Just curious if anyone has had a chance to use this preamp (or line driver as they call it) with and without the upgrades (rev 1 or A I can't remember)?
  23. m4rz

Ideas on Pre-amp for MG2As

Now that I have my MG2As hooked up, I am sure that the rest of my system will need to be upgraded. I am not sure where to start, but I think my cheapest entry will be to look for a pre-amp. That said, I am curious as to what Pre would best suit my new speaker system --> MG2As, pair of NHT SW2...
  24. m4rz

opinions of this Kenwood stuff

I am wondering what everyone's opinion is on the Kenwood C-1 Basic Preamp and the Kenwood KM-206 amplifier? I am pretty surprised at the performance of the amp and I really like the looks of the pre.
  25. m4rz

OMG...MG2As

I know, I know, another post about speakers found and how great they sound. Well yes. I just picked up a pair of MG2As today, got them home and have them hooked up, listening to some Dire Straits as we speak. These speakers were rebuilt around 6 years ago, and they sound fantastic. I have been...
Back
Top Bottom