Search results

1. Grateful2CH

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

January 6, 2012
  2. Grateful2CH

What camera(s) do you own?

I’ve been shooting with Nikons since my college days back in the mid-70’s. Cameras have come and gone, but when digital became common and film cameras became inexpensive and I acquired a stable of keepers, all in near perfect condition. The truth is many of these are used more often for display...
  3. Grateful2CH

Anybody Live Where Weed Is Legal?

I see what you did there. LOL
  4. Grateful2CH

Cincinnati Ohio

Please keep me informed about Cincinnati area meetings.
  5. Grateful2CH

What songs do you want played at your funeral?

Great thread! I'm making notes for future use, please keep 'em coming.
  6. Grateful2CH

Canon or Nikon?

Camerakid, To my mind the real beauty of the F3 was the camera "system" approach to it's design. Options galore were available. I have four different viewfinders, numerous focusing screens, a standard back, a data back, a Polaroid back, a motor drive, a motor drive controller, and numerous...
  7. Grateful2CH

What do you think are the sexiest female voices?

Here are a few that have moved me: Adelle Sade Natalie Merchant Amy Winehouse Cyndi Lauper Margo Timmons Roberta Flack Joan Armatrading Nina Simone
  8. Grateful2CH

Canon or Nikon?

It's always been Nikon for me. I started with a Nikon FT3 back in the mid 70's, and moved through numerous other film bodies over the years ( FG, FA, FM, FE2, FM3a, F3, F100). I have to say that the F3 was an extraordinary system in it's day! When I switched to digital I bought a D50 and...
  9. Grateful2CH

Should I try to touch it up with paint or leave it?

If it bothers you touch it up. If it was mine I would do so. Maybe it comes down to whether you bought it as an investment or to listen to it, look at it and enjoy it. ;)
  10. Grateful2CH

How many owners of a Marantz turntable do we have here?

I have a 6350Q, with several headshells set up for different cartridges (Shure M91ED, Shure V15 VxMR, Acutex 312 STR). I always though the 6300 was prettier, but some say the 6350Q is a better table. I have never owned a 6300 to compare it to, but I've been quite happy with the 6350Q.
  11. Grateful2CH

Name the brands in your audio system.

Off the top of my head, without physically examining each individual system, I'm using various equipment from the following companies: Acutex Advent BIC DiscWasher Fisher Furman Grado Harmon Kardon Insignia Kenwood Magnepan Marantz Mitsubushi Monster Phase Linear Pioneer Realistic Sangean Shure...
  12. Grateful2CH

Grommet Edge Molding

You can buy pretty much the same material at your local auto parts store, just look for packaged pre-cut door edge molding strips. You should be able to get two 2' long pieces for about $4.
  13. Grateful2CH

Joe Cocker has passed away!

Damn it! Another great one gone. RIP Joe :-(
  14. Grateful2CH

Chronology of Speakers you've owned?

Pretty easy to remember, since I still have most of them. Don't ask me exactly when I purchased them beyond the fact that I bought the first set in 1975. Original Large Advent (Utility Cabinet), these died a long time ago Minimus 7 (2 pair) RCA PRO-LX55 (with the Linaeum tweeters) Advent...
  15. Grateful2CH

Do you remember the first album you bought?

I had probably bought some 45's earlier, but the first LP purchase I can recall was in 1969. I was 12 years old when I bought Iron Butterfly's In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida album.
  16. Grateful2CH

Lot of Vintage Marantz Gear

Me too. :music: I have a 1250, it's a very nice integrated amp.
  17. Grateful2CH

Lot of Vintage Marantz Gear

Looking at a famous auction website I noticed a listing for "Marantz Vintage Equipment". It looks like well fairly preserved gear (i. e. decent condition, unmodified and unrestored). I have no affiliation whatsoever with the seller. I just thought some AK'er might be interested in this...
  18. Grateful2CH

What camera(s) do you own?

I collect cameras like I collect stereo gear, and I've been playing with both for about the same length of time (since the late 70's). In the stereo world I'm hooked on older Marantz and Phase Linear gear, in the camera world it's a Nikon thing. It's a disease I tell you, it is sometimes...
  19. Grateful2CH

March 16th Vintage Audio Swap Meet Mason OH

I'm sort of glad it was postponed as I hadn't noticed it until now. Sounds like fun and April 6 is a good day for me to be there, I plan to attend. I'm not really in the market for anything right now, but I never am ... I am just easily persuaded by good deals on cool gear :-). I'll have to...
  20. Grateful2CH

Who do you think is the best guitar player?

Great thread! Pretty much all of those I consider among the very best have already been mentioned. I'm surprised to see Jerry Garcia only mentioned once so far. As far as non-electric players go Tommy Emanualle is just awesome, and he is a lot of fun to see live, he just seems to be having...
  21. Grateful2CH

What do you think of the Nikon D3000 or 3100?

If you want to continue to use your screw-drive lenses you will have to avoid all of the 4 digit (Dxxx) Nikons, unless you want to spring for a D7000. As far as I know the D7000 is the only 4 digit Nikon DSLR with an in-camera AF drive. There are some pretty good used camera prices available...
  22. Grateful2CH

Any Nikonese out there?

:yes: I've suffered from Nikon Acquisition Syndrome (NAS) for many years. I'm saddled with a collection of more than two dozen lenses ranging from older manual focus fast primes to modern AF-S zooms. I sold my FM2n and FE2 but I still have the FT3, FG, FA, FM3a, F3 (with virtually every...
  23. Grateful2CH

What do you think of the Nikon D3000 or 3100?

You mention having some Nikon lenses. The D50 was a nice camera that had a built in motor to drive the screw-drive lenses (AF, AF-D) as well as contacts to power the later AF-S lenses with built in motors. I don't think the D3000, D3100, or most other entry level Nikon's will auto-focus with...
  24. Grateful2CH

CDs or Digital format music, what's your choice?

Right now all my music at home, with the exception of radio, comes from physical media (CD's, SACD's, vinyl, or tape). When traveling, purely as a matter of convenience, I'll listen to MP3 files from my laptop or cell phone. Airplanes and hotel rooms tend to be pretty noisy and/or acoustically...
Back
Top Bottom