Search results

1. L

What's Pioneer in your rig?

Current Pioneer gear - SX-550, SX-650, SX-750 (soon to be sold), SX-1250, Spec-1, Spec-2, HPM-100 pair. My son has my handoffs - SX-1250, SX-750, speakers (don't recall model)
  2. L

Nice rig and nice rack. My Spec-1 and Spec-2 are in the shop for a full refurb. I miss them. My 'precious,' my SX-1250 was just fully refurbed and is on its way to my son - a pretty sweet gift for him. My specs will feed a stack including K-horns, HPM-100s, JBL L-166 Horizons, JBL L-99 Lancers...
  3. L

My Pioneer update - my beloved SX-1250 is due out of the shop from refurbishment/re-cap in a few days, but it's going directly to my son. Next on the bench are my Spec-1 and Spec-2!!!! When they return from the refurb, (new caps and such) they shall join my Pioneer TX-8500 II tuner and my...
  4. L

Realistic receivers

I have a STA-2100 (NON-"D") and I love it. I also have a STA-2000 - sweet, but not as sweet, but I would NEVER turn down a STA-2000. I love most things Realistic Silver Faced. And I have numerous versions. Even my first-ever stereo receiver! :music:
  5. L

What TT's do you folks have

similarities! Some similar gear -Technics SA-5770, Pioneer Sx 1250, HPM 100s, JBL L166s, JBL L99s plus Kenwood KR-9050 and SpeakerLab K-horns, and Yamaha NS-50Ts. That's in my 'main' room.
  6. L

Sweet! I've got an 838 and a Pioneer PL-550 - just upgraded from the PL-530. Nice platters! My Throens TD-165 is now in rotation.
  7. L

Realistic receivers

I like Realistic receivers - classic stuff is mostly Foster/Fostex. I have a STA-2100, a STA-2000 and numerous others. My son is trying to pry the 2100 (not the "D" version!) from my hands. He might win soon - I have a Technics 5770, and my main system has a Pioneer SX-1250, not to mention my...
  8. L

upgrading continues...Thorens TD-165, Pioneer Pl-530, Pioneer PL-550 and Sansui SR-838. I don't have a favorite yet - the Thorens was prime before the 3 newest platters.
  9. L

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

My local thrift had about a year of unbelievable prices, then they got 'realistic.' Meaning - Carver m1.0t and Carver C6 for $60 each, Pioneer HPM-100s in PERFECT condition for $60 - still insane values. I recently got a pair of 'smaller Advents' - original - for $20. There's a Pioneer SX-434...
  10. L

Turntables.

I can't find that one - is it related to the AT F7? steve
  11. L

Turntables.

I just got my SR-838, it has a low-end ADC cart - what's best for this beastie? I'm a fan of the AT 440-mla carts.
  12. L

Craigslist, Seattle smattering ...

Garage sale, not CL, but a pair of University Medallion XIIs for $20! Drivers are in great shape - 50 years old they deserve a re-cap. Wood veneer is beautiful, one small flaw in the grill cloth. Only 2 blocks from my home.
  13. L

Currently using a Thorens TD-165, soon to be challenged by my Sansui SR-838 (arrives Monday!). I'll also get a Pioneer PL-A35 next week, and I have a Pioneer PL-530 to audition. Lots of other tables - Technics and Pioneer, some Sansuis and a lovely old Akai. I've got three AT-440MLa carts to...
  14. L

Love the graphics - but it's my pre-monday-morning - I work the next three nights in 12-hour shifts, so pictures will be later on. Oddly, the only bizarre thing about these speakers is that the previous owner painted the space between the drivers (under the grill) white. WTF?:nono: I'm looking...
  15. L

Arrrrggghhhhhhh - couldn't take it - the University Medallion XIIs are mine for just $20 - and there's not even a scratch on the wood. By now I'm sure they need a re-cap, but the drivers are all original and perfect.
  16. L

Garage sale - not affiliated - don't know where on Earth I could put them, so I actually passed on a pair of University Medallion XII speakers for $20! Two blocks from my home in Bellevue - again - no affiliation!
  17. L

Phase Linear 4000, Phase Linear 400, Sansui SR-838. Rock on Goodwill!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. L

Batvette - your #1 - go often - that's how I got my HPM-100s, a pair of Dahlquists, my Carver preamp and power amp, and on and on.
  19. L

Goodwill - guy next to me was singing the virtues of BPC, I scored a pair of Smaller Advent speakers for $25. He can have all the BPC he wants.
  20. L

GW - Thrifts - always a mixed bag I've had mixed results from my local thrifts - primarily a nice Goodwill store. From another thrift - EPI 100s for 8 dollars, needed refoam - DONE. Bargain. From my Goodwill - Carver m1.0t for $60, Carver C-6, $60 (I consider both to be bargains), Pioneer...
  21. L

Beautiful thing about Simply Speakers (no affiliation) is you can call them, tell them what you have and they will quote the proper surround! They are great.
  22. L

Dobyman - I should also mention that, besides the quality stuff you got, per your Post Count (666) that is a devil of a deal!
  23. L

I've used surrounds from Simply Speakers (no affiliation) numerous times - good quality and easy to install. I recommend them.
  24. L

Good on'ya - decent catch - keep hunting! I've had mixed results, but my m1.0t and C6 were cool, and the RT-707, the HPM-100s - it is a fun hunt.
  25. L

Craigslist, Seattle smattering ...

Oh, PuLeeze - where's the RT-909???
Back
Top Bottom