Search results

1. can-man

AR-3 Used Horizontly on Bookshelf

If you want to use AR-3's horizontly, do you place woofers on inside or outside?
  2. can-man

AR-3 Speaker post lose andcannot tighten it...losing signal because of this

SUCCESS....that was the problem but also on right speaker (it was wired wrong)..duh..this is what happens when you are almost 69 years old. They sound so great now and no need to replace tweeter! Thanks everyone....
  3. can-man

AR-3 Speaker post lose andcannot tighten it...losing signal because of this

I am having an issues with losing some signal from my AR-3 speaker. Upon further review, the #1 post will not tighten and I cannot remove the thumb screw as well becuase it just spins. Any suggestions...it was working fine and now not so much. Trying to determine if tweeter is bad or if just...
  4. can-man

JBL 100 horizontal on 12" shelf

RVT1K, thanks so much...I forgot the deal about against the wall. I am going to have to get some speaker stands that will support them that are around 24" tall. Long story but running two systems in one room. Speakers on floor are AR-3's and they sound much better on the floor. Room is...
  5. can-man

JBL 100 horizontal on 12" shelf

Would it be dangerous to use JBL L100's on a shelf/ledge that is only 12" wide?
  6. can-man

Best way to run one TT and switch between two different systems

SUCCESS....Tape line out on Mac to Tape Line in on the Marantz and then tape monitor on the Marantz. Thanks to everyone for their help and sorry for the delay but work does happen occassionally.
  7. can-man

I think I am getting close..however, I use the Aux In on the Marantz for the line input for the bluetooth receiver so do I instead use maybe, Tape 1 on Mcintosh C-26? I want to make sure I understand when you say line level output to secondary, what should I be connecting on the Mcintosh to the...
  8. can-man

Merry Christmas... I have a Thorens TD-160 TT and would like to be able to listen to it thru two different system (but not a the same time). My primary sytsem is a MC-2505 amp with a C-26 Preamp. That system is hooked up to JBL-100's. The secondary system is a Marantz 2240 receiver and I have...
  9. can-man

Would you consider this trade?

I have found an Mcintosh MX110 tube preamp and can get it for $1,000. The owner says it works but I have not tested as of yet. Generally speaking, is this a better preamp than a C-26, which I currently own? C-26 works great but tubes are just cool! Thoughts? I am using an MC-2505 amp running...
  10. can-man

Does changing faceplate and plinth on Thorens TD 160 hurt value

Funny, that is kind of the look I was leaning towards. The blue color closely matches the blue on my vintage mcintosh gear.
  11. can-man

Does changing faceplate and plinth on Thorens TD 160 hurt value

Looking at my set-up and my TD-160 in original plinth and faceplate. Some small scratches on plinth and face plate as well. The original light wood of the plinth just looks a little out of place against my Mcintosh amp and preamp, which have the walnut wood cases. What does everyone think...
  12. can-man

Steps to replace bulbs in a C-26 Preamp?

Ok,I figured it out.
  13. can-man

Steps to replace bulbs in a C-26 Preamp?

Ok I have the knobs off and unit out of the wooden case. What is best way to replace the bulbs in a c-26? Thanks!
  14. can-man

Should I relamp or just leave alone?

My C-26 preamp seems to have one bulb out. The MC-2505 amp seems ok but maybe off color slightly on meters. I dont want to risk breaking the glass so based on the photos woudl you tackle the C-26 or leave it alone and what about the 2505. I have read horror stories about knob removal and...
  15. can-man

Needle Breakage Conduction

I have seen this recently on the auction site....Needle Breakage conduction. What are they saying and would you buy a used cartridge with this and should it work if you just replace with a new styles? Thanks and sorry so unfamiliar with some terminology!
  16. can-man

Trying to hook up vintage Teac to Marantc 2240

Success!!!!! Thanks so much!
  17. can-man

Trying to hook up vintage Teac to Marantc 2240

Ok, I admit this is lame. I had a serious stroke in April and some things are just shot. I am trying to hook up a Teac A-100 deck to a Marantz 2240. I cannot remember which spots for the plus to go in. I am not getting any sound and it worked at the sellers home about 2 hours ago. Which...
  18. can-man

Nakamichi RX-202 Stuck

Put a tape in it and tried it but no luck. The control buttons are all liked locked and nothing works.
  19. can-man

Nakamichi RX-202 Stuck

20. can-man

Nakamichi RX-202 Stuck

21. can-man

Nakamichi RX-202 Stuck

Nakamichi RX-202 Stuck Have not played deck in over 6 months. Turned unit on and makes terrible noise. No buttons work and motor sounds like stuck. Thoughts???
  22. can-man

Using Thorens TD 160 with Sonos Arc system how to make this work

Looking at idea of using my Thorens TD-160 TT with a Sonos Arc soundbar system. I currently have a Mcintosh 2505 amp and C-26 Preamp. Could I blue tooth somehow from Mcintosh to Sonos system?
  23. can-man

Is it possiblefor a bad speaker to cause a fuse to blow in amp?

We moved several years ago and put household stuff in rental pod type containers. When we finally purchased our new home i took the old Klipsch KG-2 speakers and put in garage for storage. It has been over 2 years now and I have tried to set them up to a Pioneer amp but every time I turn on and...
  24. can-man

Using Cornwalls with surround system

My very old Klipsch surround towers are rattling. I have been looking at a set of Cornwalls and dreaming about idea of getting them to use for both surround fronts and also with my Mcintosh 2505 stereo 2 channel system. My surround amp puts out about 75WPC. Thoughts?
  25. can-man

MC-2505 with AR3a speakers vs Klipsch HeresyII

Great News: I spent about 2 hours this morning "tinkering" with different settings and volume levels that are maybe slightly less than a rock concert. My wife has agreed if I want to listen to the MC2505 just close the bedroom door, where she watches tv at night. The owner of the Klipsh's did...
Back
Top Bottom