Search results

1. tx_polkhead

What can I use for stereo heat spacers risers?

Hockey pucks work, I found some hard dense rubber isolation feet on Amazon. I actually use them on the front of a few pieces which provide room for ventilation band also tilt the gear faces to help with viewing angle.
  2. tx_polkhead

JBL Control 28 Outdoor speakers with rough tweeters

Woofer surrounds are in good shape, one of them has something oily on it, I'll give them a good cleaning but it doesn't affect the sound. I was unaware the diaphragms were so easily they could be swapped out.
  3. tx_polkhead

JBL Control 28 Outdoor speakers with rough tweeters

A buddy of mine called me up last night "The pool in my neighborhood is upgrading their outdoor speakers and they are going to toss some JBL's do you want a pair?" The answer is always yes! They look to be in rough shape but some quick paint will help, and they should be heard rather than seen...
  4. tx_polkhead

Hot sauces & anything spicy.

My grandmother would do the blending in a mortar and pestle but she would approve of the flavor:
  5. tx_polkhead

Hot sauces & anything spicy.

My salsa verde: Jalapenos, Serranos, Tomatillos, Onions, Garlic and Cilantro (not shown). Blacken the peppers, onions and tomatillos, cook the garlic without blackening it. Blitz it all in the blender with fresh cilantro. Makes amazing salsa, and added to chicken soup along with hominy makes for...
  6. tx_polkhead

Vintage Harman Kardon 330B Restoration issue

Pretty sure the VR is Variable Resistor, a technician would use a screwdriver to turn the center of the VR while measuring with a multimeter. I am doubtful you can just put it back together but someone with more knowledge will chime in.
  7. tx_polkhead

Harman/Kardon 330B, know anything about it?

330B was my gateway vintage piece, I still use it in a "workout area" with some RCA/Realistic Linaeum tweeter funky 80's speakers mid-fi and streams Spotify from a Amazon Alexa device. The gateway has lead to an HK 730 Twin, Sansui AU 517 and a Luxman R-117, all with much more power but the 330B...
  8. tx_polkhead

Weed Trimmer Line..the Good the Bad the Useless

Echo straight shaft, 3rd season and so far the bump head has handled the orange .95 Cross-Fire perfectly. I haven't done an apples to oranges comparison but I have been quite happy with the combo.
  9. tx_polkhead

Show Me Your Sansui!

AU-517 and a TU-717. Love my first and only Sansuis. I was at a thrift store at the exact time that these two were being donated. My eyes were as big a saucers, I asked what they were going to price them at, the answer was $100 for both pieces, I couldn't pay quickly enough! After a few weeks...
  10. tx_polkhead

A story of seller's regret...

To answer some of the questions at random I gave the guy a price because the truth is we are in a difficult spot financially and the extra cash will pay for weeks, maybe a month of groceries. At some point money issues will be behind us and I'll again turn to searching for a quality set of...
  11. tx_polkhead

A story of seller's regret...

My second vintage speaker acquisition was a pair of Polk Audio SDA CRS+. They have served me well in a bedroom set-up for years now and really thought I would never part with them. The SDA effect would from time to time really shine, hearing a vocal performer move from the right side to the left...
  12. tx_polkhead

Audio Technica LP120 Trouble

Watched a video looks like something I need to put on my to do list, I love the looks of my AT but it sounds veiled and a bit gritty for my taste.
  13. tx_polkhead

Audio Technica LP120 Trouble

Huh, this is the first I've heard of this mod, does removing the pre-amp also eliminate the USB functionality or does it remain ?
  14. tx_polkhead

Thrift Store Grado Labs Prestige Series SR80

Thanks for the info on the EarZonk pads, I found some info on re-cabling them myself on another site and might wind up doing it myself in the near future. I have some leather from another project so I think I'll also make a new head band/pad too.
  15. tx_polkhead

Thrift Store Grado Labs Prestige Series SR80

Well I haven't had a Goodwill audio score ever but I'm sure this fits in the 'score' category. They are a little rough around the edges but I think they'll clean up nice. I've only listened to them for about half an hour missing ear pads makes them a bit painful, but I can tell these are...
  16. tx_polkhead

Bose 901 Series 3 my impressions

I know there is plenty of hate and some love for the 901's here is my story: I purchased a pair with equalizer and no stands at a studio sale for less than the active EQ usually sells for on that auction site. I purchased them with the intention of cleaning the m up, seeing what the 901...
  17. tx_polkhead

EQ that doesn' cost a fortune?

I don't want to come off sounding like a jerk, but has someone else heard your set up and think all that treble is necessary? I've never turned my treble knob even 5 maybe 10 degrees and I'm a sucker for piercing treble, maybe your ears don't hear the higher registers as well, or maybe your...
  18. tx_polkhead

Acoustic Research L-Pad Attenuator..looking for smaller dial

If your just looking for the dial, is there a guitar center where you live? They carry a wide selection of instrument and amp dials that might fit the bill. Sent with my thumbs via tapatalk.
  19. tx_polkhead

Computer into Vintage Receiver Question

For a pretty low investment you could try a basic but good sounding usb dac like the behringer uca 222. You'd get lots more volume and more quality than the average computer headphone out delivers. Sent with my thumbs via tapatalk.
  20. tx_polkhead

Polk Monitor 5jr's

Fair price for a fun speaker. I have the newer, bigger 5jr+ with the passive and the sk2500 doing duty as side and rear surround and the denon room calibration considers them "large" and capable of full range. Before mounting them I tried them out in the bedroom and loved how they sounded with...
  21. tx_polkhead

Kanye West...the World's Greatest Rock Star

Rubio was suppose to be ego, my thumbs are falling me this morning. Sent with my thumbs via tapatalk.
  22. tx_polkhead

Kanye West...the World's Greatest Rock Star

Stardom is a combo of talent and Rubio Sent with my thumbs via tapatalk.
  23. tx_polkhead

Presonus Audiobox 22VSL - audio interface

I found some 1/4" to RCA adapters at Radio Shack, I'm sure you can find them elsewhere. I have the Presonus AudioBox USB and have sent audio from Studio Artist to my vintage system to monitor what the kids created on the big speakers rather than just the little Alesis monitor that are connected...
  24. tx_polkhead

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

The screenshots look great I think I'll give Moode a try sometime this week. I have a question: Is it possible to have Moode running at two locations on the same network from the same source? I would like tow listening locations in my home, the living room system and the bedroom system. Does...
  25. tx_polkhead

Help with Raspberry Pi, please

The analog out was never designed with fidelity in mind, think of it as the audio out of a speak and spell (the pi was built as an educational tool after-all). Fortunately adding an inexpensive DAC, a Behringer UCA222 for about $30 made it sound quite nice. Let us know what you think of the...
Back
Top Bottom