Search results

1. billyunderhi

Unusual 'no name' Control Amp -Crossover

Repair Hostile Layout -I like that term. It describes alot of 60s 70s gear. I have a MK 30 on the bench right now as it happens and its a bit of a pain de-sodering with with floating, barely supported boards. Its crammed in the "Custom" chasis but the interesting thing is each channel and...
  2. billyunderhi

Ryuuoh - NOW THAT IS EEEEERILY similar. Wonder is it could be a home made knock off or..... Proto type Marantz? I was thinking the thing looked a little Like SAE equipment. The unit is the same size as those being wider than it is deep and about as tall as it is deep. I will try to get...
  3. billyunderhi

Well I have a good will find that has stumpe me. The pic is terrible but it shows the highly chromed faceplate of a Control Amplifier that has no name. Has anyone seen the like? It screams of early 70s and the capacitors and such would look right for about then...
  4. billyunderhi

Horn ID and possible to fix?

Are there numbers on the Body anywhere? Or Letters and numbers? Find out what they are before tossing them or destroying them. The suggestions below might get you a long way down the path of destruction so get advice from as many folks as you can before moving ahead... In the third...
  5. billyunderhi

.... Capacitor Drift ??

Great Advice - Thanks All ! Well the Selenium swap to Diodes worked wonders. After the work was done and I brought the amp up the circuit sat at -27V and this is correct for my amp. I got a better schematic (THANKS TOM B.!!) than the one I posted here. After I changed out the caps and...
  6. billyunderhi

Case in Point: What constitutes REAL Audio Tube Electronics?

Umm - Does that Toaster toast BOTH sides of the bread EVENLY? Can I find one in the Williams Sonoma Catalogue? If so then I want one for my mom for Christmas! She spent 250 on her damn toaster and it will not toast evenly. Doesn't even have a tube to make it worth the price point.
  7. billyunderhi

.... Capacitor Drift ??

Cool - Thanks guys, I am not sure I explained myself well but you both answered what I was trying to get at... The Can is not Tied to Chassis but - I believe (and will double check) on the side that Scuzzer drew in the ground that there is a ground to the 5 Lug post on the left there...
  8. billyunderhi

.... Capacitor Drift ??

Second Set of Eyes I'm hoping I can get a second set of Eyes on the diagrams of the layout I have to replace the selenium rectifier. I have all parts ready - just need to wire it and test. The resistors in the Drawing One with Selenium in place are correct values, they are listed as...
  9. billyunderhi

.... Capacitor Drift ??

The Multimeter I use is a "Test Pro True RMS Digital" It has MFD in ranges of 200 - 2,000 - and 20,000. It should measure 1000 MF Caps I think. May not be the most accurate but its better than the cheaper multi meters. BuzzK - the ESR is not in th ebudget now but I would really like...
  10. billyunderhi

.... Capacitor Drift ??

Ok - I am starting a re-cap of a General Electric MS 2000 Integrated amp. Do same name caps from new all tend to drift similarly in anyones experiene? Last night I got out my stash of capacitors and checked for a 1000 MF 50 volt... I had - the following 6 Rubycon 1,500 MF 100 v...
  11. billyunderhi

Newbie needs advice

Welcome to Audiokarma and tubes too. I have gotten excellent advice from folks here and I am sure you will as well. Some other thing to consider - (Excuse me if it was mentioned before) Tube type - If the Scott was 6V6 output tubes or 7189 tubes and now you have EL84 outputs ... it...
  12. billyunderhi

GE MS-2000 basket case

MS 2000 Faceplate Ok - I Got a portion of this to come out. THis computer does not have any photo editing programs and the user would probably not be able to figure them oiut anyhow. I will post the cut off section another time. If you want to send me an email address I will send out...
  13. billyunderhi

GE MS-2000 basket case

Pete - I have a Pre-amp face plate with a "Balance" control that I printed out as UN- BALANCE I like the idea of making new DIY creations your own or refurbishing busted up gear and doing what you want (ie...steampunk style) with your own look. On the other hand if its a restoration...
  14. billyunderhi

GE MS-2000 basket case

WO: The Pot next to the switch that you put a question mark beside is used to increase the volume level of the TUNER. I will get a faceplate shot sent to you as soon as I have time to get a good photo taken.
  15. billyunderhi

GE MS-2000 basket case

After running up on a Variac this amplifier turned out to be in need of recapping... Also - my manual included at time of purchase is woefully inadequate. Seems GE did not want a home user to service thier own amps so the schematic has a few unmarked items. No selenium rectifier detail and a...
  16. billyunderhi

GE MS-2000 basket case

As it happens I bought the same amplifier from a guy about a week ago. MS-2000 - mine is complete. I have an Installation manual with schematic if you would like a copy I could send it to you. I wonder if you could take a picture of the RCA jack hookups from the switches. I have 2 wires...
  17. billyunderhi

Bozak's

Has anyone any thoughts about pairing the Bozak Bass with a horn? I can't find any posts like that and it seems like a worthwhile match.
  18. billyunderhi

General Electric PA-20?

I have this same amp incidentally, my neighbor wanted to build a guitar amp and I gave it to him 2 weeks ago. I got it out of a curbside console for the price of picking it up. I had not tested it but he put it on a variac and powered it up. After listening he called me to say he was not...
  19. billyunderhi

vintage homebrew mystery Bozaks

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-6075/Paper-Cushioning/3-4-x-12-x-167-Expandable-Versa-Pak-Wadding-Rolls I foolishly removed All the Kimsul from my Bozak 305 - threw into a garbage can and then proceded to add beer bottles and shop dust to the mix. I then read that Kimsul is NOT...
  20. billyunderhi

Heathkit speakers

Not familair with that style but - Heath-Kit, emphasis on Kit could have homemade cabinets and the drivers might have been bought for the size of cabinet. Heathkit AS-101 have Altec drivers that are same as Valencia... Look before leaping
  21. billyunderhi

Z19 Crossover

No prob - I think I will leave the schem drawing as is for now. Please look it over - I can make all additions at one time. I found Zilchs discussions on the z-19 model 19s and Valencias about two weeks before he passed. At the time I had just bought a set of Heathkit 101s for my dad. They...
  22. billyunderhi

Z19 Crossover

Post 232 is upgraded to show new crossover layout. Zonker -did you run your 19s - Valencias with standard crossover? How does the Mod 19 sound in comparison? I have the 902 drivers as well - standard valencia style crossover
  23. billyunderhi

Z19 Crossover

Zonker Looking at the diagram as is can you tell me from the terminal strip Lpad 1 Post one to Terminal G Lpad 1 Post two to Terminal 2 Lapd 2 Post one to Terminal ? I will add the L Pads to the Drawing then. I do plan on making a clean line drawing when I know for sure how...
  24. billyunderhi

Z19 Crossover

Re-Drawn Z 19 Someone suggested redrawing the Z-19 Here is my rendition Comments and input on improvements would be welcome Check the wiring over and let me know if there are mistakes. I am making an assumption on the Lines In from speaker posts. I think it is correct. Thanks
  25. billyunderhi

bozak speakers- keeper or dump

Bozaks may not sound EXCELLENT right off the bat... due to age some things may have drifted and may not allow proper signal to pass. Don't junk them if they do not sound quite right. The tweeters can go bad - The crossover caps can stop working right and the sound can be muffled or low...
Back
Top Bottom