Search results

1. rich121

Best Tech for complete Restoration/Upgrade for Accuphase C200-X?

A few years ago I was going to have Glenn (EchoWars) go through my Accuphase C200-X pre-amp and life kinda got in the way and then I forgot about it. Now, a few years later, I am finding that Glenn is dealing with some Life issues and I wish him all the best. Would appreciate recommendations...
  2. rich121

Hello, Curious if you still have your Accuphase C200-X pre-amp? If so are you using it, have...

Hello, Curious if you still have your Accuphase C200-X pre-amp? If so are you using it, have you had it restored? I still have mine and searching for someone good to restore it. Have a great day! Rick
  3. rich121

EchoWars retired?

Hope things are well... he is a great guy!
  4. rich121

EchoWars retired?

I was going to have him do a complete restoration on my Accuphase C200-X a few years ago, but life kinda got busy and I forgot about it. Now that I am looking to have it done, I see that he hasn't posted since 2017... is he really in Honduras, I'm assuming, retired? If so, who would be the...
  5. rich121

Seattle area audiophiles

Eastside as in Eastside of Washington, or Eastside of the Seattle area?
  6. rich121

Best pre-amp for Quicksilver V4 mono's (newest KT150 version)

I bought the Zesto Leto 1.5 tubed preamp and the matching Zesto Andros 1.2 tubed phonostage
  7. rich121

Technics SP series owners club!

Great thread. Have had a couple SL1000 MK2 over the years, still have one and just bettered it with a nice SL1000 MK3 2 weeks ago. As for arm, I have a Fidelity Research FR64S at the Ikeda shop in Japan getting full refurbish/regrease/rewire with Ikeda silver. Cartridges will be a new...
  8. rich121

Cartridge suggestions for FR64 tonearm

I will research the SPU a little more... thank you :)
  9. rich121

I read your suggestions earlier and yes, I have always wanted to try one of the London Deccas :)
  10. rich121

Been out of the loop for quite a few years due to some 'life' events, with system in storage. I have been able to pull my system from storage, and last year worked enough overtime to upgrade or purchase new equipment, but I have not upgraded my turntable/tonearm/cartridge yet. My turntable is...
  11. rich121

Referal for re-wire, bearing check/replacement for Fidelity Research FR64s and Technics EPA B500

Yes, steel balls but there are 'better' nitride replacements.
  12. rich121

Referal for re-wire, bearing check/replacement for Fidelity Research FR64s and Technics EPA B500

Yes, I knew Jim well and met up with him on many occasions. It was through Jim's advice that I have them replaced, he said the ruby bearings were delicate and most every base he had seen had damaged bearings. Jim used a nitride bearing that he sourced online... i will do some research, as he...
  13. rich121

Hello! After about a 8 year hiatus, I am now getting back into audio. I had some medical issues, and family responsibility... had to sell much of my system. After seeing what good tonearms cost new, I decided to pull out my vintage ones and see if I can get them 'refreshed' I have 2 Fidelity...
  14. rich121

Best pre-amp for Quicksilver V4 mono's (newest KT150 version)

Just purchased a pair of Quicksilver V4 mono tube amps, the newest KT150 version. Will be arriving this coming Wednesday. http://quicksilveraudio.com/products/v4/ Single ended Input impedance is 100 K ohms Input sensitivity is 1.5 volts Now need to purchase a nice preamp. Would like to get...
  15. rich121

So You Want To Repair Audio gear, Eh? Here's the tools you need...

I have been wanting to get into testing/upgrading/repairing some of my current pieces for awhile (both tube and SS) and am very interested in the subject. I have a Nakamichi T100 audio analyzer and am wondering if this is useful enough to keep, or would I be better served to sell (should sell...
  16. rich121

HK Citation 2 with KT150's!

Would love to have this done... but with either a larger, custom frame or at least have a custom bottom plate made that would add at least 2" of space to allow parts to be spread out for airflow.. stock, these things already run extremely hot and I can just imagine the heat the modded unit put...
  17. rich121

Celestion 11 woofers need new surrounds and tear repair

Nevermind.... researched this myself since I didn't get any response from this forum... sending woofers to MillerSound...
  18. rich121

bakes, thanks for the response. I have replaced the woofer foam surrounds on a pair of large Advents I restored for my daughter a few years ago, but those are easy to come by and was not that hard to do. These speakers are very rare and would rather have someone who will do the best job do the...
  19. rich121

S1600010 by rich121 posted Jul 22, 2016 at 4:39 PMS1600011 by rich121 posted Jul 22, 2016 at 4:40 PMS1600006 by rich121 posted Jul 22, 2016 at 4:38 PMsome pics of the xover... Red wire tweeter, Orange wire midrange and Yellow wire is woofer. 3 iron core inductors and 1 air core. Thoughts?
  20. rich121

Forgot to add... I would like suggestions on who would be best to do the speaker repair/surrounds.... I would rather have a pro do this as the woofers are unobtainable. Private message with suggestions if fine.
Back
Top Bottom