Search results

1. swechsler

FBM: Two pairs of KLH-17 for $50 (Canastota, NY)

Seller says needs tweeters. Presumably this is just cap failure, as is typical for old KLH speakers. Build a groovy quadraphonic system. No affiliation ETA: seller may be a flipper, for whatever that's worth. Still a great price.
  2. swechsler

Pair of NHT 1.1s for 20 bucks in Los Angeles

Buyer says working condition unknown, but how can you go wrong for the price? On ebay but local pickup only. No grilles, it looks like. No affiliation.
  3. swechsler

Build headless streamer with smartphone UI?

I'm looking to build an audio streaming client. Majority of the time it will be used to play media stored on a media server (can use my Google TV's built-in streaming for video or audio streaming apps, but I haven't found a player that handles local audio tracks well). Once it's built, I'd like...
  4. swechsler

Looks like a mercy killing

INFINITY RS-4000 SPEAKER PARTS. both crossovers, 2 horn speakers, and one woofer, all worked, cabinets were in bad shape so i salvaged these parts for someone that can use them, No affiliation.
  5. swechsler

Help me place a subwoofer in a NYC apartment

I live in a high rise co-op in NYC. My wife and I are finally finishing up our bedroom and I want to install a surround sound system. The satellites will be NHT Superzeroes. Subwoofer is TBD, but it's likely to be something new, since the models I currently own are really too large for the...
  6. swechsler

Cheap power - MTX Soundcraftsmen S800 MOSFET amp - 200+W/channel - $80+ shipping

I have a couple of these from the pre-MTX days. This one should be pretty similar. Deals well with low impedance loads. Has a fan but is current controlled, so you never hear it. No affiliation
  7. swechsler

Ever see these driver replacements on a Kappa 8 before?

Found this on eBay today. Not going to bother posting the link (I thought the price was decent until I noticed the changed drivers) so we can keep the thread here, although I'm sure you can find it easily enough if you're curious. I don't recognize them but they look like decent quality drivers...
  8. swechsler

Hifiman Sale: Sundara closed back planar phones $149; other models reduced as well

Great price for these. Regularly $400. No idea how long the sale will last. Also a few other models on sale at clearance prices. No affiliation.
  9. swechsler

Need suggestions for an IOS music player that can handle DLNA

My current (temporary) bedroom system is a Cambridge Soundworks model 11 with the original amp replaced with a bluetooth amp. Music source is an original iPad Air, which is stuck on IOS 12.x because Apple stopped supporting it. I've been using VLC media player, which is fine for video, but its...
  10. swechsler

Pair of Infinity Kappa 7s - $150 (Eastchester, NY)

They need the typical Kappa repairs - Polydomes and woofer surrounds - but at this price they are a steal. Includes original cartons. Go! No affiliation.
  11. swechsler

Carver Amazing Platinums - $600 (Saginaw, MI)

Very low price for a set of Platinums. Woofers have been replaced, tweeters are good. Veneer looks good as well, if a bit faded. Seller says the owner was an "electronic technician", which might imply that he knew what he was doing with the woofers. They are open baffle, which means no enclosure...
  12. swechsler

Naked Italian speakers?

Apparently these are not new (the models may be new but the design is not), but I remain unconvinced that they can get down to 22hz with no baffle or enclosure. The writeup sounds like typical high end mumbo jumbo (although to be fair, it's probably translated from Italian). Of course they come...
  13. swechsler

Pair of Infinity Kappa 9s - $600 (Ocala, FL)

These are awesome speakers, and this is a very good price these days. Cabinets appear to be in very good shape. They need the typical Kappa repairs - woofer refoaming and Polydome redoming (our own @seifreit might be able to help with the latter). Crossovers might also need work (seller says...
  14. swechsler

Free pairs of Vandersteens and Spicas (Livingston, NY)

Someone is giving away a pair of Spica T-50s and a pair of Vandersteen Model 2s. This is an offer you don't get very often. Run! No affiliation.
  15. swechsler

An improved user interface...from 100 years ago

My problem with most digital streaming devices (be they for locally stored or music services) is that when you're looking for a particular artist, it's tedious to get there. You either have to search, with the limited keyboard on your phone, scroll, or drill down. The iPod with scroll wheel...
  16. swechsler

Free pair of Ortofon 445 speakers (Newburgh, NY)! Hurry!

Didn't even know Ortofon made speakers. Must be picked up tonight or owner will toss them in the trash tomorrow AM No affiliation
  17. swechsler

Do the original Infinity Modulus speakers do well in nearfield use?

Thinking about getting a pair for my desktop system. Wondering if they'll be better than my Infinitesimal 0.1s. Thoughts?
  18. swechsler

Free Multiroom system (Fairfield, CT)

Rare to see a system like this offered up. Might make for an interesting project. Includes Rotel tuner and Audioaccess multizone preamp and amp, plus programmer (and, it looks like, a speaker interface panel). No affiliation.
  19. swechsler

Pair of Acoustat Spectra 1100s in New Orleans

I know these are highly regarded, and while they are on auction, they fact that they are being offered for local pickup only may keep the price reasonable. Being sold by Salvation Army of NO, they claim that they work well, and since they are being sold as "used" rather than "for parts or...
  20. swechsler

Free pair of Pioneer CS-99As (Queens, NY)

Not my cup of tea (plus I don't need any equipment ATM) but I know some people like these. No affiliation. ETA: they could also potentially be CS-99s. Will probably disappear in a few hours, so don't wait if you want them. No affiliation.
  21. swechsler

What's happened to attaching images to posts?

With the old system, if you copied an image from another site (such as eBay or US Audio Mart) to AK, it would keep the image hosted on the original site, and you could view it in its original size. The new system insists on uploading all images, and then shrinks them, so you can no longer see...
  22. swechsler

Would make for an interesting project (Genesis 6.1 system in Brooklyn)

Auction started at $500, no idea how many (if any) bids it will get. Would be very tempted if I had the space for a project like this. Looks complete, although with some damaged (and possibily repairable) drivers. Seller says, somewhat confusingly
  23. swechsler

Free pair of Cerwin-Vega HED-15s (Lagrangeville, NY)

Missing at least one tweeter (and obviously needing foam), but I suspect they can be found on the used market fairly easily. And hey, they're 15s! No affiliation.
  24. swechsler

JBL Studio 590s are on sale for $400 each at jbl.com

I think this may have been posted previously, but it's still going on. There's a huge backorder, but at this price, probably worth the wait. MSRP is $1,000 ea.
  25. swechsler

Free pair of JSE Infinite Slopes in Montclair, NJ

You'll need to join Trash Nothing to reply. It's a legit site; I've never gotten any junk from them. Looks like it's model .6. No affiliation.
Back
Top Bottom