Search results

1. Mr. Snoid

What Gas-Powered Yard Blower Do You Recommend

Last year I needed to replace my hand carried gas powered Craftsman Yard Blower, It was 8 years old and served me very well - started repeatedly hot, cold or after extended use with no problems - fast forward to this past year I bought a replacement Craftsman $99 Yard Blower and this thing will...
  2. Mr. Snoid

ThriftE

Friends I just want to pass along a nice Karma story about Eric. I had been wanting to try some Dynaco A25's after reading some good reviews about these speakers and posted a WTB ad in Barter Town. Eric sold and shipped me a pair at a very reasonable price. Unfortunately one of the woofers had a...
  3. Mr. Snoid

Enzyme Cleaners for LP's using RCM's

What is your opinion of enzyme solutions for cleaning LP's (specifically on the VPI 16.5 machines) - worth it or not? If so, what are you using? thanks...
  4. Mr. Snoid

BK Precision 520B Transistor Tester

By any chance does anyone have the manual for the 520B Transistor Tester that can be copied or scaned? thanks...a
  5. Mr. Snoid

Magic Audio Cleaning Labs Users

Need some workflow advise please. I use the Magic Audio product to record Lp's to ceedees. I am not looking for absolute critical recordings as most are used in the car. But I have never understood or have had much success after the recording process with the noise reduction phase. Could some...
  6. Mr. Snoid

Time For a Change in Super Bowl Venues

I for one am getting tired of all the antiseptic warm venues for the Super Bowl stage (and for that matter all the BCS Bowl venues)...I would love to see a championship staged in a city, say north of the 40th parrallel..then lets see whose a champion. run with it...a
  7. Mr. Snoid

Made in Japan

Do you remember when “Made in Japan” was bad? Some of you younger members won’t remember this as much as those of us baby boomer kids. I just think it is so ironic when we were kids and growing up the uttered words “Made in Japan” often referred to cheap mass produced products. Little did...
  8. Mr. Snoid

Anybody know where CableGuy has been hiding?

Have not seen the original CableGuy (not 2) posting for awhile and always enjoyed his posts. ~a
  9. Mr. Snoid

US to Canada Money Order Question

I am not a big fan of money orders in my forum buying habits (this is not an audio purchase BTW). I really prefer paypal for the protection if things go wrong. [Disclaimer: I have not had a forum type purchase go south but there is always the first]. I need to send a money order to Canada...
  10. Mr. Snoid

Pioneer RT-701 VU Lamps

I have got an RT-701 with one of the VU meter lamps burnt out (or not working) before I break the unit down to get to the VU's, does anyone know what type and amperage these lamps are rated. I have the service manual but they do not show the VU lamps in the schematics or other documentation. I...
  11. Mr. Snoid

How about those Hurricanes

one minute to go 3-1 Carolina....who-hoo....go Canes
  12. Mr. Snoid

Polk Monitor Stands

If some of you guys that have original Polk Monitor Series speaker stands could post a picture and/or perhaps the stand diminsions it would be much appreciated. I want to make a set for my 7b's and need a reference point. The ones I am looking for are those that stand 6" to 10" off the floor and...
  13. Mr. Snoid

Teac Cx650r

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile (and for once, I am the lucky blind squirrel). :yes: I have been a cassette user since the very early 70’s (early adopter). All of the decks I have ever had were very solid performers but always one (1) head units. I was never able to...
  14. Mr. Snoid

I just love the Masters

Its like the rite of spring for me. Now days I don't watch much golf on the tellie but I usually don't miss any of the majors. But Augusta is a great tradition. Had the opportunity to go to the first round in 96' and it is was an absolutely awsome experience. Friend of mines dad had been on the...
  15. Mr. Snoid

Caig CailKleen vs. DeoxIT

By mistake I ordered a can of CailKleen from Parts Express - meant to order DeoxIT. Is there any real difference in effectiveness from those that have used the CailKleen product? What will Deoxit do better than CailKleen? Got no skin in the game just want to know either way before using or...
  16. Mr. Snoid

Does reciever quality matter when recording LP's to CD

I've done a bit of recording with a couple of different mid range recievers but could not tell much difference. Just want to hear any opinions from those that do this regularly. Just got a new (used but new to me) Audiophile 2496 sound card so I am changing around my recording station in the...
  17. Mr. Snoid

Inexpensive Digital Mutimeter

Shameless plug for the after dinner crowd. See Non-Audio Classifieds for an inexpensive DMM Link to Ad Moderators: Kill this if you see fit
  18. Mr. Snoid

Explorer Sport Trac Owners

Getting a used 02' in a day or so...any experiences, upgrades, audio...like to here your stories...thanks andrew
  19. Mr. Snoid

JBL vs. Polk

Ok guys been thinking of changing the line up lately...I am currently running a pair of original to me JBL L100A's with my Yamaha CR820...I am thinking of changing the JBL's to a pair of Polk Monitor 7's or 10's...wanna check out a more east coast sound...also hopefully I will be upgrading the...
  20. Mr. Snoid

Make My 4x Sing or East Coast Experiment

If anyone has a spare or even two (working) AR-4x woofer(s) lying around for $$ shoot me a PM...my next thread may be in the DYI section "how to recone a driver"...I got excited about all the 4x chatter on the floor i just had to give this east coast thing a go....found a resonable (or so I...
  21. Mr. Snoid

Shure Obstacle Course LP for AK Donation

FREE Shure Obstacle Course LP for AK Donation Not sure this is the right placement for this thread but here goes...I have got an extra Shure Audio Obstacle Course LP that is in very good condition which I will send to someone (sorry, within the continental US) for free. But I ask that you make...
  22. Mr. Snoid

LeeStereo

Just another member helping out another story...I had advertised a wanted ad, needing an inexpensive P-Mount cartridge to try out a cheap turntable that I had acquired...wanted to check this Technics SL-B20 out before stepping up my game in cartridges. I am putting together a little system for...
  23. Mr. Snoid

Reciever Cabinet Building Question

Receiver Cabinet Building Question OK all you DYI guys I am looking for sources for vents (not sure if this is the correct terminology...the metal grates the allow for heat to escape the cabinet) that you would use when buiding wooden cabinets around receivers as an example. Any help or...
  24. Mr. Snoid

Ortofon

I had never heard much about Ortofon cartridges before I tuned into this forum and then I bought a turntable with an Ortofon FF-15E cartridge. The company has been around awhile but does anyone know much about what separates their cartridges from some of their peers (albeit aurguably, I'm sure)...
  25. Mr. Snoid

Cleaning Sharpie From Dial Face

Guys...got a big fat sharpie mark on the dial face of an SX 680...just want to know if anyone has had success in removing the marks without using an abrassive cleaner that would scratch the plastic dial face...I am assuming a micro cloth applied solution of some sort...thanks a
Back
Top Bottom