Search results

1. SA-708

Penny Marshall Dead at 75

Her last husband was Rob Reiner, and that was a good number of years ago. Perhaps you are thinking of her brother Garry Marshall?
  2. SA-708

Terry DeWick.

Sorry to hear the bad news about your family's health. I'll be praying. Give my best to the cats too. Last time I was there, you had just taken in a new one that had adopted you.
  3. SA-708

Christmas Bonuses?

My employer gives us a longevity bonus starting at three years of service, $100 for each year one has worked here. It is part of the standard compensation plan here, to encourage staff retention. I started working here in November 1993, so I got a $2500 bonus (minus taxes) in my November...
  4. SA-708

The P-Mount owners club

It has been too long; I don't recall how they listed it. It isn't among their current offerings.
  5. SA-708

The P-Mount owners club

My only complaint is that my SAS for the common Technics moving magnet p-mount models is too long stem-to-stern, which throws off the alignment when used on a p-mount turntable.
  6. SA-708

ADC Cartridge Expertise Needed

Turntableneedles.com lists both a BLISS (aftermarket) and genuine ADC RSX-5E elliptical. https://www.turntableneedles.com/RSX-5E-Stylus-for-ADC-SX-5E-Cartridge--Needle-120-DE_p_3861.html
  7. SA-708

ADC Cartridge Expertise Needed

I think they meant SX-5, which would take an RSX-5 conical stylus. There's also an SX-5E with an RSX-5E stylus, that may be the same cartridge except with an elliptical stylus. I'm not certain of that identification, but it does look very similar to the ADC PSX line of p-mount cartridges.
  8. SA-708

RIP Pete Shelley of Buzzcocks

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-46476369 It feels like my youth is dying.
  9. SA-708

2018 What Christmas Music Are You Listening to thread?

The creepiest Christmas album cover ever. The music is wonderful though, originally released as A Christmas Gift For You From Philles Records
  10. SA-708

Sam Phillips - Cold Dark Night EP
  11. SA-708

Cocteau Twins - Snow Erasure - Snow Globe
  12. SA-708

Most listened to album in your lifetime?

Probably T Bone Burnett's self-titled album from 1986.
  13. SA-708

RSD Black Friday

Finally got around to spinning Cosmic Thing this evening. My copy looks trippy and sounds great.
  14. SA-708

Records...at Aldi?

https://www.aldi.us/en/weekly-specials/aldi-finds-for-december-5/december-5-detail/ps/p/sony-vinyl-hits/
  15. SA-708

destroyed my favorite p-mount adc cartridge today

I didn't know Voldemort did cartridge repair. I've had the metal bar come unglued from an RPSX-40 stylus before, but never this problem.
  16. SA-708

Today's Dub Playlist

Black Uhuru - The Dub Factor
  17. SA-708

Bad Commercials

When my wife and I bought our last car, the salesman asked who we had for car insurance, and I answered "Farmers." He asked "Farm Bureau?" My wife and I responded, singing in unison, "We are Farmers, bum bum bum bum bum bum bum." At least Farmers' Hall of Claims commercials with JK Simmons...
  18. SA-708

So my son got me a record...

I've got a Jónsi EP that says 33 on the label but plays at 45. Fortunately, when it sounded off I looked it up on Discogs and was able to figure out the problem quickly. As far as rap, I have a few things I like, none of which are mainstream, except maybe the Hamilton cast album.
  19. SA-708

McDonalds Menu from 1972

My brother used to work late shift at a Taco Bell. They had a standard order they would give anyone at the drive-thru that was too drunk to order coherently. Nobody ever came back to complain, so it must have worked. He had a friend from high school, an Iraq war vet, who worked security for...
  20. SA-708

Two tracks I have ripped off an obscure various artists' Christmas CD. The rest were not worth ripping, but these two are favorites: Aleixa - "Tennessee Christmas" - be sure to listen through to the guitar solo before the third verse Sixpence None the Richer - "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch"
  21. SA-708

I need X piece of gear because I'm in this hobby

I did a short trial of Tidal earlier this year, and it failed me several times, so I quit. They had only two Brain Donor albums, indexed under two different artist names, for instance. There were several other omissions from Julian Cope's discography, and he is one of my favorite...
  22. SA-708

i cannot choose to listen to music that Tidal or whomever do not carry, either because it has not been released digitally, or choose not to because it is too obscure. It isn't that they are picking the music, it is that there is music I want to hear that they do not have.
  23. SA-708

I need my own curated collection of music. I cannot get satisfaction from streaming music from who-knows-what mastering, at their whims for choice of music. I've got plenty of LPs and 12" singles that have yet to be released digitally. My stereo equipment is a tool to play my own music, not...
  24. SA-708

Today's Contemporary Christian Music (CCM/Xian) Playlist

I've had this for a couple weeks now, giving it a spin again today.
  25. SA-708

Automatic or Manual TT?

After missing the record with the stylus a few times due to vision issues, I stick with automatic turntables these days.
Back
Top Bottom