Search results

1. chicknman72

stumped on this mini speaker

I came across a little speaker, the same size as a minimus 7.....it has a solid wood box, chrome trim around a brown screen...the trim is flush with the sides......the badge just says R with Hi-Fi underneath it.....on the back, it has two screw connectors with a single plug in between them... 8...
  2. chicknman72

a blind score

I saw an add for a "free Yamaha tape deck and a small set of Radio Shack speakers." After taking a long hiatus from getting any gear, and from AK for that matter, I decided I would jump on it. I was hoping for Minimus 7's, but with the luck I have been having, I was thinking I'd be stuck with...
  3. chicknman72

can you say second mortgage for these JBL's

WOW, was cruising through EBay, and came across these JBL Hartsfields, what makes them so valuable, are they rare or something? I love JBL, but never researched all that they offered.....they certainly are a beautiful speaker...
  4. chicknman72

LaScalas in Da HOUSE!

:D Need I say more :thmbsp: Sound great.....I need to reconfigure my setup to fit these things in that space......
  5. chicknman72

klipsch Lascala

Am I safe buying these sight unseen, as I am? Is there anything I should look for? I Plan on going through them thoroughly when they get here, and I need some tips......They are supposed to be vintage 1976.......not so worried about the cosmetics....Thanks a ton :D
  6. chicknman72

HLLY TAMP 90 T Amp board help.....

Anyone out there own one of these? I kind of feel stupid looking at this thing wondering how the heck to hook it up, or if I need something else.......wish when you ordered these things from China that they came with some sort of instructions for the electronically ignorant newbies to DIY...
  7. chicknman72

anyone have HLLY TAMP90 board that can help?

Just got my HLLY TAMP 90 board today and am clueless on how to hook this thing up.....I am thinking I may need something else....wish these Chinese companies threw in some kind of instructions or at least had a pdf link ....:scratch2:
  8. chicknman72

hoping for heaven tomorrow, 2nd set of Burhoe LB

Supposed to pick up a pair of Burhoe Light Blue's tomorrow for a 20 spot.....the reason I say "supposed" is because CL has been very unreliable lately.......2 sets of LB's will be too awesome for words!!! I Love the sound of these babies :D They just need surrounds, and come with original...
  9. chicknman72

Vizio 42l 10a HDTV troubleshoot

I have a friend who was watching his HDTV, and then it just about went to black with sound then 10 min. later it was all black and no sound....and its not the cable....anyone know what it is that could have went? Thanks guys!
  10. chicknman72

surrounds, does it matter inside or outside?

I am doing a pair of my Radian Research 10-3, and the surround was glued to the outside of the cone.....does it matter whether I decide to glue the replacement foam to the inside, or outside or should I just do them as they were intended? I noticed by doing my Bolivar's the other day that it...
  11. chicknman72

Advent 25th ann. refoam

Looks like tonight is full of dead ends for me, as far as being a newby at foaming goes. Not only is the basket weird by design on these Advents, I see that the foam was glued under the cone by the factory.....looks like a major pain the the butt, does it have to go under the cone? On to the...
  12. chicknman72

Bolivar speaker help

Bolivar/speaker surround help I was getting ready to foam a set of speakers I got a year or two ago.....I believe they are Bolivar 8" 3 ways, which would make them model 18's no? Anyway, they had foam gasket around the speaker frame. I got those off cleanly, there was paper under it. I have...
  13. chicknman72

Epi t/e 100

I just got a pair of EPI T/E 100's from a friend for free, one needs a little glue to fasten the top back down on the cabinet, and they both need foam. Heavy little speakers, they are..... I was surprised, mainly because of knowing they were from the newer generation of EPI's....I have some...
  14. chicknman72

Finally!

<---------finally, after almost three years, I have that infamous red "subscriber" stripe under my name. Now I am off to figure out how to add banners and all that other good stuff that subscribers get to do. Funny that after 3 years of gathering all this gear with the help of the great...
  15. chicknman72

a little score to brighten this rather damp day

I just picked up a set of Criterion 2x speakers, little 5 in. 2 ways, along with some Sansui SS-L5 cans for free. I was looking for a set of earphones, and I guess this is a good start, they seem really light weight, and they sound pretty good....haven't really gave them much listening as I...
  16. chicknman72

Sure 4*100 board question...

I got a few of these Sure 4*100 T-Amp boards and was wondering how I can hook one up, other than to a PC, portable cd player, MP3, or Ipod, such as through a system. (seeing that these come without a power or volume control) I inquired with PE and they said I could run a pre amp, but didn't...
  17. chicknman72

check this site out...HOLY INFO!!!

I stumbled upon this site looking for info on some ITT speakers I am getting.......awesome!!! http://wegavision.pytalhost.com/ :banana:
  18. chicknman72

not that I needed another set of speakers, but....

ITT speakers, anyone? Not that I need any more speakers, but......I couldn't resist when I saw a set of ITT speakers for free.....advertised as 90 watts at 8 ohms, 3 way. The only things I could pull up that sounded similar was the H2-90 circa 1975, or the 6060s circa 1973......but when I took...
  19. chicknman72

a certain project/score Harmon Kardon

Hooked up with a Harmon Kardon pm650 amp, and a tu615 tuner today for free, and neither powers up. I opened them up and they are both dirty inside and are caked with nicotene along with some rust....The amp, out of the 6 fuses, 4 are blown and need a real good cleaning throughout. I suppose I...
  20. chicknman72

T-Amp question for those in the know....

I am hosting a party out in the yard this weekend, and I have a Dayton STA-1 T-Amp.....the question is, can you hook a discman type cd player up to it? I know by using an adapter for a vehicle's tape deck that the best sound results from having the volume ultra low on the disc source and use...
  21. chicknman72

A great score!! Why do I feel so bad.....

I just managed to hook up with a like new, in box, Sansui "Eight Deluxe" along with a set of Bic Venturi "Formula Four" in original boxes, minus the grill covers. I hooked the Bics up to my 150 wpc Onkyo, and these things sound pretty damn hot!! I want to hook the receiver up, but don't have...
  22. chicknman72

Sansui QRX-5001 grounding question.....

I was about to replace the transistors and a fuse when I noticed a wire ,actually two wires(braided bare) was loose from where ever it was they were attached. Looks like both wires are actually from the same source if you know what I mean. Looks like it goes to the antenna board on the rear of...
  23. chicknman72

Any info on BMI 5B speakers?

I am picking up a set today for free, all I know is that they have a 12" roll edged woofer, a 5.5" mid, and a 3.5" menolic ring tweeter? I will have to post pics later after I pick them up. I myself have never heard of them, I know they are vintage (mid 70's?).......For free, I can't go...
  24. chicknman72

what's all the rage with T-Amps? (mini amps)

I was following this post and thought it was short for tube amps......I looked them up and found that Pyle and this Chinese company HLLY make these mini amps. Pyles are more than half the price of the Chinese HLLY. What are the positives and the negatives of these amps? For the price of the...
  25. chicknman72

huge pick up today

I got a rather nice tube console today off freecycle, a Wards Airline wg-2857A Stereophonic Hi Fidelity stereo.....and along with it came a pair of 25th anniversary Advents that need some foam (which I totally wasn't expecting). The console works perfectly, even the TT works as it should.....I...
Back
Top Bottom