Search results

1. Xtinc

Contacting Seller, But Hoping No Reply?

Yesterday I was browsing the local online classifieds and came across a pair of JBL L65 Jubal listed in very good condition. Price was good, not a steal, but good. I hurriedly sent an email (no number listed) and requested to purchase with all required information; name, location, intent...
  2. Xtinc

JBL Convert

After years of searching out and acquiring speakers from AR, Advent, KLH, Infinity, Yamaha, ESS, Janszen, Klipsch I found my match in JBL. I enjoyed most of the other brands, but my JBLs hit the spot. Currently enjoying a pair of L166 I picked up at the local thrift store.
  3. Xtinc

Tangent 500

I picked up a pair of Tangent 500 locally for not much $. Grills are missing, cabs are a little rough (not to bad) dust covers are pushed in and one PR has some stains. I didn't need another pair of speakers especially a pair this size! But they were included with a receiver that I did want...
  4. Xtinc

JBL 2441 Horn Mounting Hardware?

Hi, I have a pair of JBL 2441 drivers and a pair of horns, but no mounting hardware to mount horn to the driver. I'm headed to the hardware store and hoping someone has the thread dimensions? I found nothing in search or google. Please help. Thanks!
  5. Xtinc

JBL 4312A Orientation

In order to free up some space in my current listening area I decided to place my pair of JBL 4312a upright. This places the mid and tweeter drivers on the same horizontal plane, but frees up a little floor space. According to JBL , measurements are pretty close between vertical and...
  6. Xtinc

Purchasing Untested Audio Gear?

I've purchased a good amount of used audio equipment and some have been untested before purchase for one reason or another, of course, price plays a big role in the decision, but sometimes you take the leap. I can say I've never had an issue until recently. I purchased a pair off ESS speakers...
  7. Xtinc

Ignorant or clever CL buyer

So I'm starting to accumulate speakers again and decided it was time to sell a pair. I chose to sell my Advent 4002. The 4002 is a wonderful sounding and well built speaker with only drawback being the vinyl on the cabs although it is of high quality. I've been reluctant to sell these, but...
  8. Xtinc

Yamaha on Tubes

Here is my Yamaha and tubes near-field system. Seating position is about 5 feet from the speakers. The tonal quality and attack transients are excellent in this setup giving the music a “live performance” feel. I’ve had magic moments with this setup. Digital Source 1: Logitech...
  9. Xtinc

Speaker Tilt = Time Alignment?

I plan on building a pair of speaker stands for some bookshelf speakers I have and was curious what a better design wouild be. My ears are approx 3 feet off the ground when sitting in my listening position. Speakers are Yamaha NS670, Advent 4002 (possible ewave soon) and pair of older Magnavox...
  10. Xtinc

Magnavox Speakers?

I did what I wasn’t supposed to do, buy another pair of speakers. I bought a turntable and was just looking for some vinyl at the GW when I spotted some older looking speakers. Pretty good condition and solid build, Magnavox S-8765….hmmm. The first CD player I purchased back in the...
  11. Xtinc

New To Vinyl and Mitsubishi LT-22

Hi, Was at a local thrift today and came across a Mitsubishi LT-22 turntable with a Signet 3ea cartridge. I was suprised when I picked it up how heavy it was and solid build quality. Everything was in pretty good shape with a few blemishes on the cover, but that's about it. I'm not really...
  12. Xtinc

Do Equalizers Correct Room or Speakers?

I recently did a primitive test of my system at my listening position using a ratshack db meter, test tone cd and a spreadsheet to chart & graph. With tone controls on my preamp bypassed, I was surprised with the results. Found some serious nulls in the 250, 315, 630 and 800Hz positions. A...
  13. Xtinc

My 100th Post

Well, this is my 100th post and I want it to be kinda special… I’ve been a member of this wonderful forum going on two years and as you can see by my post count I’m more of a lurker than a poster. I’ll probably become a subscriber soon, just been procrastinating, but as much as I frequent...
  14. Xtinc

Sonab OA-14 on SF CL

No affiliation with this ad. These are interesting. Looks like seller did a nice job restoring. I can't buy them, but curious how they sound?? http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/1477054777.html
  15. Xtinc

Favorite Rock Acoustic Sets

Relaxing after work listening to my NS1000M's via a Jolida tube integrated. Started with Godsmack's 'The Other Side', this has to be my favorite rock acoustic sets, great recording. Now playing, Alice in Chains 'Unplugged', another great set and recording. Number 3 may be Nirvana's...
  16. Xtinc

Janszen Z-600 Sacramento CL

Pair of Janszen Z-600 on Sac CL. Looks like they need some work, but maybe worth a look. I believe the Z-600 had a 10" woofer and two electrostatic arrays for mids and highs. These are not mine and I have no affiliation with the seller. http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ele/1412816104.html
  17. Xtinc

Equipment Change, Subtle or Huge?

I’ve been contemplating selling off some of my existing audio gear, saving up and buying a Bryston or Krell amp/pre-amp setup (lower line) to power my ESLs. Thing is, my only experience with these companies is reading great reviews of their products. How would a Yamaha C-80/M-80 combo or...
  18. Xtinc

Krell Equipment Good Price. Scam?

I came across this listing for Krell preamp/amp combo on the SF CL http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ele/1140031025.html Contact the seller asking for location and she replied with a New York address. I'm thinking scam. Is this a common CL Scam attempt?
  19. Xtinc

High-pass filter help

Hi, I'm integrating a subwoofer into my 2 channel setup. I came across a high-pass filter made by Miller & Kreisel model VF-100. The Internet has absolutely zero info on this filter. It's a block with preamp inputs, main amp output and subwoofer output. I just got a Ratshack SPL meter and...
  20. Xtinc

Martin USA Speakers SF CL

...no affiliation http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/ele/932848245.html I'm not familiar with Martin speakers, but they look like they rock. Are they any good? Thanks
  21. Xtinc

Yamaha M/C/T 80 Raleigh CL

This is not mine or have no affliation. Yamaha M-80, C-80 and T-80 for $350. Awesome gear for a good price. http://raleigh.craigslist.org/ele/918948681.html
  22. Xtinc

Tube DAC or Preamp ?

Hi, I’ve been saving up my pennies to buy my next piece of audio gear. I currently use a Onix 5SE CD player and Logitech Squeezebox Duet as a source, Yammie C-80 & M-80 for preamp and amplification feeding a pair of Innersound Eros hybrid stats. I’d like to introduce tubes into this system...
  23. Xtinc

Mega Yamaha Deal on SF CL

Mega Yamaha Deal on SF CL NS1000/M4/C4/T1 all for $350!!! Someone from AK needs to SCORE this deal! http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ele/843714316.html
  24. Xtinc

AR90 Stuffing

When I refoamed the woofers and midrange drivers on a pair of AR90 speakers, I noticed the portion of the cabinet that contained the side firing woofers did not contain any stuffing. Does anyone know if stuffing should be there? If not, would adding some improve these awesome speakers...
  25. Xtinc

Infinity Score Turned Bust???

Hi fellow akers.. Found a pair of "working" Infinity RS 6001 with a powered Cerwin Vega Sub for $40 on CL. I consider that a pretty decent score....now take a look at the attached picture. Do you see what's wrong with the speakers? I didn't even noticed until I got them home and...
Back
Top Bottom