Search results

1. M

Trading a McIntosh C52 for a C2600 Preamp

damacman: I purchased the C70 earlier this year and have to say it is fabulous and worth the investment - especially if you plan to keep it for the long haul. I have been through way too much buying and selling and wish I would have paid a bit more years ago. I have a D1100 handling digital...
  2. M

Most Popular Mac Gear

62caddy - Nothing to sell - No intention to sell - No offers to sell - no violation of any policy or anything that is strictly forbidden in any way shape or form. Jumping to this conclusion: *You should be cautioned what you're asking sounds perilously close to an offer to sell which is...
  3. M

Most Popular Mac Gear

Hello - Does anyone know which of the current crop of Mac gear is most popular or sells the best? Just curious as I have recently bought a few pieces myself.
  4. M

D1100 Current or Future owner

Hello - Currently yes - digital only. May want to add a TT in the future so the C47/C22 would allow for that with no issue. While I like the C22 I have dropped it from my option since I would need to buy another set of interconnects and they are not cheap. I would rather use those dollars to...
  5. M

D1100 Current or Future owner

Hello everyone - I am going to visit my dealer today and have been thinking of adding something like a C47 to C22 to my setup. Mt resent purchase of a MC152 to go with my existing D150 has been very interesting and has revealed low end extension that I did not know my system was capable of...
  6. M

Help me choose one of these options

I have the ability to create the ISOs with the method most use for SACD ISO creation. At the end of the day I find I like the physical media just like those who enjoy vinyl like the physical interaction with the record. Not too into streaming nor computer audio playback although I have messed...
  7. M

Thanks for the replies - leftside - Using the MCT450 since I have a large collection of SACD. The only real option for change is selling both and getting a PS Audio Direct Steam DAC / Transport. So I think I will stick with these pieces I have two tube integrated amps (non-Mac) and the power...
  8. M

Hello everyone, I am currently running a D150, MCT450 and a MC152. All is well. My previous system had the D150/MCT450 and a tube integrated. I am think of re introducing a true analog preamp and returning the D150 to a DAC only role. My current options are: Option 1: C47 + MCT450 + MC152...
  9. M

MC152 and a few other questions

Dealer sent out new replacement MC152 today. Everything works as expected. So far so good. My initial impressions is the system has more low end than before and the amp has better control over the speakers. However, I can see the presence of signal the speakers may not be able to reproduce...
  10. M

Thanks for the advice. I will pop the top and take a look and see if it is an obvious fix.
  11. M

Spoke with McIntosh this AM and they will be sending a new one down. They seem to feel it is either a bad connection or a meter failure but it did pass inspection at the factory before it left. They also said to go ahead and use it till the new one gets here. I suppose I could always pop the top...
  12. M

Another update: Checked with the balanced connections and same result - no right meter. Signal seems ok but not listening closely yet. AS well as it is packed it is hard to believe this is an issue caused in shipping but anything is possible. Hope they have some good answers for me. Update 3: I...
  13. M

Closed for tonight. Going to call Mac in the AM and get in contact will the dealer. I waited a month for this to get here. They are 2 days away UPS. Perhaps the meter connection needs to be reseated. I could do it depending on where it is and what type of connection. But it makes you wander what...
  14. M

Hey everyone - Just received the MC152. Set it up and it appears the right meter is dead out of the box. The left meter works but the right meter does not deflect at all. I unplugged the left channel and moved it to the right channel. Sound yes - meter no. Looks dead to me. Any other things I...
  15. M

Amp or Integrated Upgrade?

I like techguy0192's comments on self restraint. I really do not need all the analog inputs and my D150 will fit the bill nicely. I'll stick with getting the MC152 and be patient till it shows up. Thanks for all the comments and guidance.
  16. M

Amp or Integrated Upgrade?

Hello - I am currently waiting on an MC152 to be delivered. It has been several weeks and my dealer has offered an upgrade to a MA8900. The cost of this upgrade is reasonable and I would be willing to do it. My main concerns are: Analog inputs I may not use Too much power On the plus side...
  17. M

dude003 - Agreed. Looking forward to it. I was advise on Saturday my MC152 is in final production at the factory. So about another week or so is what I am told. I have been down a month or so since my Prima Luna tube integratred decided it wanted to go on a tube eating binge. Will send it off...
  18. M

MT2 Question

Thanks for all the replies. At the price point cited and a potential reduction in features an MT5 might be the way to go over the long run. Also considering a new LP12 as an option as well.
  19. M

Linn LP12

Hello - Been working on my system this year and considering getting back into a vinyl. This would be the first time since moving to CD back in late 1982 or early 83. My parents bought me one of the first CD players on the market. Anyway considering a road trip to a Linn dealer since I do not...
  20. M

MT2 Question

So I have seen videos of this so it appears to be a real product but no mention of it of McIntosh's website. Anyone know anything about it? Looks like it has a Blue Point 2 cartridge on it. Will this be a US product. The videos seems to be from Italy. Thanks
  21. M

MB50 or D1100

Thanks for the feedback. Not sure which way I will go. Most likely depended on when my friend wants to get the D150. I like the idea of the MB50 and it makes sense to be the next purchase.
  22. M

Thanks for all the replies and input. When I created by login I had Magnepan 1.6 speakers and now they are are Dynaudio Special 25's. I have not owned Martin Logan speakers but perhaps my handle implied that. Sorry for any confusion to those who responded with their thoughts on ML speakers...
  23. M

MB50 or D1100

Hello everyone - Given these options which would you choose 1. Sell D150 to friend and upgrade to D1100 2. Get a MB50 and send digital out to D150, This would then be used for something like Spotify or Tidal for general listening. I would still use MCT450 for my SACDs and CDs. 3. Something...
  24. M

Thanks for the replies everyone. Looking forward to getting the amp.
  25. M

Hello - After many years of messing around with a few different vendors tube amps, I have decided to move back to solid state. While I have enjoyed tube rolling and other aspects of the tube experience they have turned out to be more unreliable than expected. I have a new MC152 arriving this...
Back
Top Bottom