Search results

1. M

Most Popular Mac Gear

Hello - Does anyone know which of the current crop of Mac gear is most popular or sells the best? Just curious as I have recently bought a few pieces myself.
  2. M

D1100 Current or Future owner

Hello everyone - I am going to visit my dealer today and have been thinking of adding something like a C47 to C22 to my setup. Mt resent purchase of a MC152 to go with my existing D150 has been very interesting and has revealed low end extension that I did not know my system was capable of...
  3. M

Help me choose one of these options

Hello everyone, I am currently running a D150, MCT450 and a MC152. All is well. My previous system had the D150/MCT450 and a tube integrated. I am think of re introducing a true analog preamp and returning the D150 to a DAC only role. My current options are: Option 1: C47 + MCT450 + MC152...
  4. M

Amp or Integrated Upgrade?

Hello - I am currently waiting on an MC152 to be delivered. It has been several weeks and my dealer has offered an upgrade to a MA8900. The cost of this upgrade is reasonable and I would be willing to do it. My main concerns are: Analog inputs I may not use Too much power On the plus side...
  5. M

Linn LP12

Hello - Been working on my system this year and considering getting back into a vinyl. This would be the first time since moving to CD back in late 1982 or early 83. My parents bought me one of the first CD players on the market. Anyway considering a road trip to a Linn dealer since I do not...
  6. M

MT2 Question

So I have seen videos of this so it appears to be a real product but no mention of it of McIntosh's website. Anyone know anything about it? Looks like it has a Blue Point 2 cartridge on it. Will this be a US product. The videos seems to be from Italy. Thanks
  7. M

MB50 or D1100

Hello everyone - Given these options which would you choose 1. Sell D150 to friend and upgrade to D1100 2. Get a MB50 and send digital out to D150, This would then be used for something like Spotify or Tidal for general listening. I would still use MCT450 for my SACDs and CDs. 3. Something...
  8. M

MC152 and a few other questions

Hello - After many years of messing around with a few different vendors tube amps, I have decided to move back to solid state. While I have enjoyed tube rolling and other aspects of the tube experience they have turned out to be more unreliable than expected. I have a new MC152 arriving this...
  9. M

DAC to MC275

Hello All - After a fairly long journey i purchased the speakers that will be the basis of my new system. They are here in my place now. I bought a pair of Dynaudio Special 25's that are the reissues in the US. There are only 75 numbered pairs. Over the course of several days at the dealer I...
  10. M

Pulling the trigger - need encouragement

After considering this purchase for the better part of 18 months I am going to get a C2200 with LED kit and a MC275 Mk V. I feel this will suit my tastes and be with me for many many years and I am happy with the choice. Now how did all of you justify the expense? I'll be honest and say I...
  11. M

Still deciding what to buy - help please...

I have been on the fence for a very long time in buying my Macintosh system only because I am self-admitedly cheap. However, if I take all the money I have spent on stuff I did not like and sold at a loss, I could have bought the Mac system I wanted and then some. So here are the details: The...
  12. M

Your systems "cost" vs. "value" to you

I have been on the fence for more than a year. I have been speaking with a dealer who is offering what appears to be a fair deal but it is still expensive. I I add up what I have spent on gear over the years I could have just bought what I really wanted years ago. Instead I have blown lots of...
  13. M

Mac Production Question

So a while back I was considering a C220/MC275 for my system. I did not buy at the time but I am now ready to do something again. I am also considering a C2200 or C2300 instead of the C220. A few questions: 1. I have had many dealers tell me who do not sell MacIntosh that it is no longer...
  14. M

MC275 Quick Question

Is there such a thing as a MC275 Series V? I know there is a series IV. If so what is the difference. The one I have found is cited at two months old. I looked on Mac'swebsite and found reference to version IV in the MC275 section but not a V. Thanks - Richard in Nashville
  15. M

McIntosh Buying Advice

Over the last year or so I have had a good deal of stereo grief. I sold off a pair of speakers I liked but felt where physically to large for my room, these would be Magnepan MG1.6's. I have had a number of different electronic components and have not been happy with any of them. The long and...
  16. M

System Recommendations

Hello - A while back I was looking for a new system and was considering McIntosh. I bought a BMW 335 instead but am ready to revisit my audio options. I have also sold everything I have audio and will be starting from scratch. I am looking at: C220/MC275 or MA6300 or MA2275 I have also...
  17. M

Thinking of the MA6900

Hello all - So I have been moving to my 1st Mac purchase for some time now. With the announcement of the price increase I guess I need to either get something or just forget about it. I was going to get a MC252/C220 but I do not think I want to spend the $8000 to do this. So I am now...
  18. M

What is your personal preference?

Tube Preamp to Solid State Amp Tube Preamp to Tube Amp Solid State Preamp to Tube Amp Solid State preamp to Solid State Amp I know there are other factors at play but the core concept, which do you like best? Thanks -
  19. M

Any experience with PrimaLuna Products

Hello - i am currently looking at adding several McIntosh products to my audio system. Any thoughts on the PrimaLuna products and how they compare. I can not directly compare them and they really do not have much of a dealer network to perform a audition. I like the McIntosh stuff but when...
  20. M

My Big McIntosh Buy

or big for me. :yes: So I am going to make the purchase this week from my dealer. Final input on my options please: 1. C220/MC275: Love the MC275. Do not listen loud. Magical with the Magnepan's. 2. Just the MC2275: Is it really a C220/MC275 in one box? 3. C220/MC252: Would this be...
  21. M

Silly music server question

So I am reluctant to put together a music server but here are my current options. I am a Mac snob so most of the options will revolve around iTunes. NOTE: I will be using this with the C220/MC275 combo pushing my Magnepan 1.6's. 1. Just use my iMac as the server along with iTunes. Output...
  22. M

Heat and the MC275

Just a quick question... How much open air above and around the MC275 do you feel is needed to provide the proper cooling. I am looking at both the MC275 and the MC252. I really like to sound and vibe or the MC275 and was just looking at how to arrange my system to accommodate it. If I...
  23. M

McIntosh CD or Something Else

Hello - If you were putting together a system consisting of the C220/MC275 would you use the Mac CD player - the MCD201 or something else. If it is something else what would you use. I have an old Pioneer PD-65 with the stable platter transport which is rather nice. I could just hang a...
  24. M

Music Server, CD Player, DAC/Transport

Hello - In a quandary as to what to do here. I am not so sure I want to go to a music server but there seems to be good options like the Olive No. 5 but I have not heard it. I could use my old Pioneer PD-65 with it's stable platter transport and output a coax digital signal to a DAC of...
  25. M

Potential New Mac Owner

Hello All - This is my 1st post and was hoping some of you could help. I am looking to buy something along the lines of the C220 and either the MC252 or the MC275. I will be using this with my Magnepan MG 1.6's. i listened to the system with the MC275 and like it quite a bit. I only heard...
Back
Top Bottom