Search results

1. Myvinyl333

Music Hurts My Ears

I've been experiencing discomfort in my ears after a few minutes of listening at level 3 (going right) on my NAD 356 CBEE integrated amp paired with Triad Gold LCR speakers. The Triads are rated to handle 450 watts 4 ohms while the NAD provides 60 watts at 8 ohms. I've had various upgrades done...
  2. Myvinyl333

McIntosh MC 501 - 252 - 402 System Value

Looking for prices for MC501 Monoblock, MC252 Rear Channel, and MC402 due to space issues. Searching sites like Classic Audio, I could not find the 501 or 402. What does this mean?
  3. Myvinyl333

Activate SiriusXM Yamaha CX-A5100

I have had the CX-A5 for 6 months, The SiriusXM application had a free trial which has expired. I have a full coverage plan for my vehicles and internet access. I cannot find an interface to enter my information for activation. It is only the number to XM? Thank You
  4. Myvinyl333

How to play Mono Records on Stereo Set up

I have an NAD C 356BEE, Phonomena II+ phono stage, Dynovector 10x Cart. I play Mono jazz recording and want to improve the sound without going to two TT. In have read about some cables? I also found the KAB RSX-1 Thank You!
  5. Myvinyl333

Power Supply Upgrade Phonomena II+

Musical Surroundings Phonomena II+ 's power supply at Welborne Labs... I have added Welborne power upgrade to my Logitech Touch with noticeable improvement. What are others experiences, recommendations with replacing the the Wall Wart power supply? Thank You
  6. Myvinyl333

Phono Preamp 4 Music Hall MMF 5.1 TT Dynavector 10x5

Looking for a phono preamp to best fit my Music Hall MMF 5.1 SE TT with a Dynavector 10x5 Moving Coil cartridge. I have a Mobile Fidelity V90 Phono Preamp I got for my ProjectIII with an Ortofon 2M Bronze Moving Magnet cartridge. I have 2 listening areas and thus 2 tables. The main room is...
  7. Myvinyl333

Ideas on Preferred PC Audio connect to NAD Amp?

I would like to hook up the audio from my PC to my NAD C 356BEE DAC Integrated Amp. There is a built in DAC on the NAD and takes Toslink or USB. The DAC I know I can get sound cards with digital out to DAC, but confused on Type B USB input.I t is can stream 24/96 content. I have checked...
  8. Myvinyl333

What should I add or change in my system?

Making a dedicated listening room 12' x 12' (rough). Equip: Pioneer SX1010 Pioneer CS 99-A's Project Essental II TT Glass Plater Generic Cables I am in a smaller room now and iy does not meet my approval on most discs. I listen to 50-lte 60's jazz. The speakers seem to be the...
  9. Myvinyl333

Pioneer SX1010 Need of Speaker Upgrade

I refurbished my SX1010 and got a nice pair of Pioneer CS-99 via Craigslist. My rock days have ended and I listen to 50-60's jazz and into the 70's via vinyl. I am not as keen on the CS-99's as I was before. Before I begin a long search I thought I would ask for suggestions....there a...
  10. Myvinyl333

SX-1010 Phono Cuts Out

My SX 1010 phono periodically cuts out then 2-3 seconds it pops on, then a later it cuts out. I switch to input 2 then after awhile the same. I switch back to one and we start over. I no longer have access to a tech that will work on vintage equipment. I also hurt my back and could not...
  11. Myvinyl333

Pioneer FB vs non FB stamp?

Anyone now the value on having FB stamped on speakers in the Pioneer 99A line as opposed to same speaker without the FB stamp? I check eBay and it does not seem to matter?
  12. Myvinyl333

I should listened /CS-99A's

Okay I am a smart guy and read right? The number of people here stated that the 99A's were not as good as they looked. You see I found a VERY clean pair, listened to them and said I'll take em. 1. They are not close to the 99's as far as bass 2. The highs are too much @ times Okay now I have...
  13. Myvinyl333

CS 99 paired w/ CS 99A ?

Can you run a pair of Pioneer CS 99 and CS 99A via A & B speaker outputs on a Pioneer SX 1010? I am also looking at adding a subwoofer but not sure how to connect the sub< Thankss
  14. Myvinyl333

SX-1010 Receiver and CS-77A's or CS-99?

I recently bought a SX-1010 that is in prime condition and using a pair of CS-99's. I got the 99's for $150 off Craig's List and they needed some work. After re foaming a mid they still (one) sound bad. I have found a nice pair of CS-77A's http://iowacity.craigslist.org/ele/4229499611.html...
  15. Myvinyl333

PRO-JECT - DEBUT III PIANO w/ SX1010

After several vintage TT that were not very adaptive to my Pioneer SX1010 I found a great deal on a new ProJect- Debut III. Of course my question is new VS vintage issues? Suggestions?'
  16. Myvinyl333

Pioneer PL 115D issues with cable and tonearm

I am attempting to do some mods on the Pl 115D. First thing is to find out why the left channel cuts out. I have narrowed it to the 115D by switching TT's and there were no channel loss. (SX1010). Should I replace the phono cable? It is soldered on the arm below. I know I should not splice a...
  17. Myvinyl333

I need Pioneer CS 99 Speaker Help- Tweeters

I know I need a PT 103 F Horn and another tweeter that has a part number 77 -40? Any idea what I am looking for? It is a 77 -40 F1.... what would be a replacment super tweeter?
  18. Myvinyl333

PL 115D will not shut off

The PL 115D works automatically fine but once it returns the table remains spinning. If I touch the tonearm it goes off but will come back on later. Not tech savvy but not afraid to go inside:scratch2:
  19. Myvinyl333

Pioneer CS 99 Test-Refurbish?

My CS99's seem to be having issues. The right speaker seems to lack the high end. I had a mid range refoamed but that did not help. What can I do to refurbish them?
  20. Myvinyl333

What about a PL 61 ?

I have been searching for an above entry level Pioneer turntable to go with my SX 1010 and C99 speakers. Pioneer made so many models during the 70's that is it mind boggling. The PL 61 has a nice wood base, belt driven and no auto return. I really like the PL-71 but cannot find one, so the Pl...
  21. Myvinyl333

Suggested TT Match Pioneer SX 1010?

I recently bought the SX 1010 and am looking to add a TT. I have a thread on a Marantz 627Q Searching the Bay and Craigslist.
  22. Myvinyl333

Marantz 6270Q

I found a Marantz 6270Q locally cheap. looks to be very clean. Any comments on the TT? TT: http://iowacity.craigslist.org/ele/3509026704.html
  23. Myvinyl333

Suggestions on an SX Receiver for C99's

I have a pair of Pioneer C99's and I am looking for SX Receiver suggestions. I am looking on Ebay and Local as well as Forums. Thank You in Advance, George SX 939 On Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/140899447853?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 Local: SX 980...
  24. Myvinyl333

Blown Woofer Pioneer CS 99?

I have a pair of Pioneer CS 99 Speakers I got a couple of months ago on Craig's List for $150. The right speaker has developed a rattle (woofer?) with increased volume. Also, the midrange need to be re-coned as the foam is deteriorated. How can I tell if the rattle is the woofer or the...
  25. Myvinyl333

Soundcraftsmen Preamp/Equalizer Model PE2217...Thoughts?

I have an opportunity to possibly get a Soundcraftsmen Preamp and Equalizer Model PE2217 for $50.... Can I use the PE2217 as an EQ in a receiver situation as opposed to an amp/pre amp mode? (I have been having issues with getting an eq, ruined a Marantz recently) Thanks, jorge:music:
Back
Top Bottom