Search results

1. slimpikkins

Scored QLS-1s, have a few questions!

Congratulations on the speakers. They are a lot of work but once you get them sorted they are well worth it. I had millersound completely rebuild my woofers. The cones were damaged so only the basket, coil and magnet was reused. The magnet was shimmed up somehow to help keep the coil from...
  2. slimpikkins

New EMIM magnets.

I used some magnets from China on some RS series Emins. Worked great, used epoxy and wood spacers to keep them from clicking together. They were far stronger than the originals. Did not notice any difference in sound though.
  3. slimpikkins

Which Infinity's to choose from

Tough choice, I have never heard the Kappa 8.1 but own the IIb and 2.5 and sold my II’s. I’d say the if you can have either the of them you’d be happy for a long time. The RSII are pretty much bomb proof as they only have the emits to worry about. I sold them and kind of regret it. The RSIIb...
  4. slimpikkins

Infinitesimal restoration

FYI, that little woofer is unobtainium so it may be worth sending to Millersound. They fixed my 0.1’s. The screw holes are fragile in those and stripped out screws are common. Maybe some jpweld epoxy putty and drill a new hole through it. Wrap the screws in tin foil..., sorry, nothing but...
  5. slimpikkins

RS-IIB speaker grills

My RS4 had the reddish,pinkish lettering, so 1980’s l love it. I sold mine a while back as I had far too many speakers. Really nice speakers for their size and price. The RS4b has the taller cabinet and the gray/blue lettering.
  6. slimpikkins

Infinity RS1.5....Impressive

I got mine from a guy near me for a song. Unfortunately he drill holes in the cabinets to hang them in his garage. So guess what, there hanging in my garage...
  7. slimpikkins

RS-IIB speaker grills

Sorry for the late reply, those are most likely for the IIa/b. Just a little different then mine. They are worth some money so may be best to make new ones. Good luck!
  8. slimpikkins

RS-IIB speaker grills

They are 12”x53”x.5”.
  9. slimpikkins

Infinity RS II vs Polk SRS 3.1 TL thoughts?

RSII and are wonderful speakers. I think those are over priced by a large margin. If the cones are not semi clear or grey they in fact have been reconed and not just refoamed. If you post this in dollars and sense you will see what others have bought and sold them for as we are not supposed...
  10. slimpikkins

RS 2.5-4.5 Electronic Crossover.

There’s a few guys that have used the Behringer DCX2496 xo with good results on the rs4.5.
  11. slimpikkins

Wood screw thread insert

Home Depot or Lowe’s have brass furniture inserts that work good. The t nuts above work most times but can come undone when removing the woofers in the future. They will just spin and before you know it the poly fill and along with crossover wires are all spun up in it. I’ve also made my own...
  12. slimpikkins

What do I have here?, JBL4430

Thank you so much. Pictures are perfect!
  13. slimpikkins

RS 2.5 damping foam around the EMIMs and EMIT, where to find?

Congratulations, Great speakers and I concur with 7.62 on the dampening material works great. I had to reglue in a couple places because the stickiness wore off, could have been some residue left over from the old foam not allowing it to stick. I left xo alone so I can’t help you there.
  14. slimpikkins

Stands are a nice idea, those look nice and robust. I think I have the grills down, looks like particle board thick enough to get the grill cloth a few mm in front of the woofer. Only thing I can’t tell is if they have a sharp, bevel or radius type edge all the way around. That info would be...
  15. slimpikkins

Yeah, wife and I have been letting a few things go. We needed a “new” car for her and I had a knee surgery which required some things to be liquidated. The QLS1 were the hardest as I put an awful lot of work making them right. They were just too big for a med/smallish room we went with the...
  16. slimpikkins

I was kind of kidding with the title to my post as I know how AudioKarma works and have been a member and some years subscriber for a long time. Lots of info here but a rehash from time to time is fun. I don’t know much about jbl but usually if something Audio looks like quality and weighs far...
  17. slimpikkins

It’s a tough one there. I sadly sold the RSII to a very happy young man. I just have too many large speakers. It was a tough decision but kept the RSIIb, RS2.5, and QLS2 instead. Also sold the QLS1 as we just didn’t have the right space. Those are so rare I doubt I’ll ever even see another...
  18. slimpikkins

Thanks guys, I spent a while getting these moved. I have a pretty good system for moving as I have moved some big speakers. I have them hooked up to a 110 watt tube amp. They are really really nice. They may displace my RS2.5 in my main room. Wife already put the K-Bosch on having them in...
  19. slimpikkins

Thanks, no kidding. I guess I will just stay on the Infinity forum where people are nicer...
  20. slimpikkins

Yes, they were going out. Big corporation so it would have been small potatoes. He has brought home a lot of good stuff which was thrown away over the years. First speakers though. He said the amps were thrown away years ago when they went to a different system. The only reason the jbls...
  21. slimpikkins

I get a text from my brother (audio geek too) with a pic of some speakers that says “do you want these?”. Of course I say yes and I don’t hear from him again for a few hours. He was at work where there were some “carpenters” dismantleling a conference room where these were integrated into the...
  22. slimpikkins

Best material for a polydome

Maybe wait for bobby to get his into production. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/kappa-polydome-repair-part-update.839677/
  23. slimpikkins

Infinity RS1.5....Impressive

Nice job, my favorite Infinity Monitor. A kickass party speaker that sounds good, hard to come by.
  24. slimpikkins

Infinity Quantum 4 Midrange speaker repair

Millersound will fix those right up. Not sure what they charge but either call or email them and they will get right back to you. Nice, honest folks.
Back
Top Bottom