Search results

1. grillebilly

Cellphone photos. Caught anything interesting lately? Post em!

Our Camelia bloomed this week. My late father planted it in our yard. It was from a cutting of his, which came from a cutting of his dad’s. Here’s a couple of the flowers.
  2. grillebilly

Things you don't see anymore.

That means he went through WWI, Prohibition, Great Depression, WWII, Korea and Vietnam wars. Tough row to hoe.
  3. grillebilly

Things you don't see anymore.

So much has changed since I was a young teenager in the early 70’s. Putting it in perspective a 66 year old saying the same thing in 1974 saw the birth of the automobile being used for transportation to muscle cars, much less the moon landing. Your recollections make me feel old and in the...
  4. grillebilly

Happy Birthday Crazy Gnome!

Happy belated birthday!
  5. grillebilly

Today's Neo-Psych Playlist

Fantastic psyche folk record showed up today with 2 other from Slovakia. None of my neighbors have heard it. ;) When River Flows Reverse. Check out the sounds.
  6. grillebilly

What's the story with all of these (non-audio) thread topics?

It’s sorta obvious that this place is a social media site for audio folks. We came here for audio but made some friends as well. As for the gaming stuff, I don’t care for it either. No interest whatsoever. I do like music related trivia games, though. The games are here because some of us like...
  7. grillebilly

Audiokarma Member of the Year 2023

Congrats to all around swell person Heather! Bringing the honor to the DC area, along with Gadget’s popularity and charm, we’ll have AK royalty at Jim and Rick’s get-togethers.
  8. grillebilly

Today's Neo-Psych Playlist

Bence Ambrus and his friends just put out another splendid trippy jam today. Easy atmospheric space music https://psychedelicsourcerecords.bandcamp.com/album/this-is
  9. grillebilly

Cool song.

There’s a coolest song of the day thread that’s pretty good. 92 pages https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/todays-coolest-song-in-the-world.892105/page-92#post-16962946
  10. grillebilly

Fell under the Moto Guzzi spell once again.

Looks pretty cool to me. Supermoto/ Naked Sport hybrid. Should be a blast on the twisties
  11. grillebilly

Let's See Your Miscellaneous Car Photos

We had a Buick version of the Vista, a 66 Sportwagon. 5 of the 6 kids in our family learned to drive in it. Willing to bet we learned a few other things in it too.
  12. grillebilly

Yeah this small tire racing is insane. I think they are running in the 3’s on 275 radials. The guys that were running 3.7’s in outlaw radial are about 3.9’s in the ten-five class.
  13. grillebilly

Common Use for Auxiliary Input Before CD Players?

I have an 8500 MK II and had to use a 3-way tape monitor switch in one of the inputs. Can't remember everything that was hooked up but it had 2 cassette decks, VHS player, CD player and an equalizer. Oh and a reverberation amp.
  14. grillebilly

Not my photo of course. This is from a race in Florida over the weekend. The car races in the small tire class (10.5) and was on a wheelie just about the entire length of the 1/8 mile at almost 200 MPH. With the front end about 3 feet off the ground and the pedal mashed to the floor, tripping...
  15. grillebilly

Vinyl only spin list

The Kundalini Genie False Highs, True Lows Last Night From Glasgow 2023 the band switched gears on their latest release, still trippy neo-psychedelia but veered away from the garage vibe to a more orchestral dream-pop sound. Here's a link if anyone wants to sample a song from it.
  16. grillebilly

McIntosh Pricing

If something retains most of its value over time it tells me it's not overpriced. Expensive, maybe.
  17. grillebilly

Post Your Bike!

I posted my bikes in another thread but happy to share here too.
  18. grillebilly

Denon DL-110 for Denon DP-45F

There’s a noticeable difference between the AT and the Denon. I have a hard time putting it into words, as discussed here it’s troublesome describing what we hear. My main system has one table with an AT 440mlb and the other table a 110 on a DP-61f. Different, but can’t say which one I prefer...
  19. grillebilly

Vinyl only spin list

XTC Oranges and Lemons Geffen Been a very long time since I played any of my XTC records. No one like them.
  20. grillebilly

Vinyl only spin list

Great record and gorgeous cover.
  21. grillebilly

Vinyl only spin list

Joy Division Unknown Pleasures Rhino Remaster
  22. grillebilly

Hello from Bel Air, Maryland

Welcome and thanks for sharing your story and intro. I think many of us old timers remember our first stereo as much as our first car. Girlfriend too.
  23. grillebilly

Newly joined from NC

Welcome from VA. Lots of record threads in the music forum.
  24. grillebilly

Vinyl only spin list

Frankie Teardrop Dead Plane Eclipse 300 pressed
  25. grillebilly

Vinyl only spin list

Firefriend Avalanche Little Cloud/ Fuzz Club Records Sao Paulo, Brazil 250 pressed worldwide, 25 in the US
Back
Top Bottom