Search results

1. wwiztab

Infinity RS4.5 Restoration - Should I Stay or Should I go?

I have a pair of original RS 4.5 passive crossovers with wires and everything and the active crossover. Contact me for more information.
  2. wwiztab

Infinity Quantum 2s thrown out in trash

Have you come to a conclusion as to selling or keeping yet?
  3. wwiztab

I'm in Northern Colorado. Maybe a road trip? My thought is I would build new cabinets anyway and use 1" MDF instead of the 3/4" particle board. Can you post pictures of the tops so I can see how bad the cabinets are. If they aren't worth saving I would buy the emits and the dome midranges...
  4. wwiztab

Where are you located?
  5. wwiztab

I think they tried to line one of the flat sides of the midbass coupler with the closest edge of the woofer, not the cabinet or other drivers.
  6. wwiztab

I would be very interested in buying them from you. I have the correct woofers already and midbass coupler. I also have all the new crossover components to rebuild the crossovers. I am a woodworker and I can bring the cabinets back to new. I have wanted to build a pair of these for several...
  7. wwiztab

Infinity Reference Monitor Jr. - Need Re-Foam @ Thrift Store

You scored. The mid-range domes alone are rare and worth a mint. They can be repaired by several AKers. Even a repair service on the bay. One of those woofers on the bay right now for $138 refoamed and pretty. Please keep them and restore them and listen to them before selling, you'll be...
  8. wwiztab

New Kappa Polydome domes?

I had never heard of him either until I read the article when someone posted it for all Infinity enthusiasts to enjoy. Its worth the read.
  9. wwiztab

stands for Reference Standard 1.5's

Those are most likely 3/4" pieces of Oak. Man are they ugly. I built these for my RSM's and were modeled off a stock set another AKer had. Much more handsome IMO. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/infinity-speaker-stand-construction-and-finish.354905/
  10. wwiztab

New Kappa Polydome domes?

Ummmmm, Bill Legall contacted you and offered you $60. I'd say he's some sort of Infinity expert. Read here to really appreciate who you talked to if you weren't being sarcastic in your reply and actually know who he is: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/roadtour13/roadtour13.html
  11. wwiztab

Quantum 2 hybrid project

Cabinets are sitting in my shop. I will have to modify the cabinets for sure to get EMITS closer together. Right now I'm starting the process of building my house. I'm going to be the general contractor on it and hopefully will have it done by Christmas 2015. Guess what's driving the...
  12. wwiztab

They're here and they're MINE, Bwaahaahaa! (Delta/Gammas)

Any chance you would share the name of this store or website with your fellow Ak'ers? I know it's like asking a fisherman where his honey hole is, but my dad always said, "You'll never know unless you ask". I'm not planning a trip across the Pacific anytime soon, so I would at least like to...
  13. wwiztab

Stands for RS 1.5's

Check my post out about my RSM stands I built. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=354905
  14. wwiztab

Infinity Infinetisimal 4's

Fix the surrounds using the surrounds slimpikkins suggests and then buy one of these subwoofers and you'll be set. http://www.ebay.com/itm/INFINITY-INFINITESIMAL-10-inch-POWERED-SERVO-SUBWOOFER-NEW-FOAM-THEN-TESTED-/281206367944 You'll probably sell your old speakers you set these on to...
  15. wwiztab

Forgive me here......

The Qe is 18" tall and was designed to stand or lay down if you turned the tweeter. Probably the closest thing to a book shelf they made. There were some awful RS 1000 - 3000's that you don't want. You really need to give us some dimensions you consider "bookshelf" size. The problem is...
  16. wwiztab

Classic Infinity IRS Beta at 2014 RMAF

There were two posts from Paul about how he obtained these. The first being this one: It’s always interesting to me this challenge of audio shows. For the upcoming event in Denver we purchased a pristine pair of IRS Betas. These are the junior versions of what plays in Music Room One. To some...
  17. wwiztab

The Betas were simply amazing. I sat in the sweet spot for about 5 pieces. I closed my eyes and it felt like I was at a live performance. They simply disappeared and I could see each musician and singer in their appropriate place. The new PS Audio amplifier is special and the new DAC lived up...
  18. wwiztab

I will be there. I can't wait to hear the Direct Stream DAC with Paul's new Perfect Wave Amplifier PS Audio has been working on for probably the last two years. I had the pleasure of listening to Music Room One with the IRS V's without the new DAC and Amp and can't imagine what it sounds like...
  19. wwiztab

GENESIS III. They Are Home!

First review of the PS Audio Direct Stream DAC. Explains how very different it is and amazing it is. http://www.audiophilia.com/wp/?p=13620
  20. wwiztab

I don't want to be rude, but you really need to watch the videos and also read about this technology. If you don't know what PCM and DSD are, than you don't know how long it's taken the music industry to understand how to make digital sound amazing. Check out Blue Coast Records for some...
  21. wwiztab

My guess is the people buying these aren't going to sell them once they hear what it does for their music. You can waste a lot of money buying things other people don't want anymore because they found the better piece of equipment. I'd rather buy something once and have it forever because it...
  22. wwiztab

Teslapower, Did you get a chance to look at the PS Audio Directstream DAC? This is cutting edge technology and ahead of any other DAC on the market. When Paul hosted a listening session for the Colorado Audio Society one of the gentlemen there was a drummer. While listening to the tracks...
  23. wwiztab

You need to go to Paul McGowan now for your DAC. The Direct Stream DSD DAC he just released is supposed to be simply amazing. http://www.psaudio.com/products/directstream-dac/ Check out Paul's Posts while you're there and he'll explain the technology behind it.
  24. wwiztab

2.5's good/bad/ugly

RSM = Infinity Reference Studio Monitors here: http://www.infinity-classics.de/models/Reference-series-1978-klein/index-Reference-klein.htm paid $40 for these about 3 years ago.
  25. wwiztab

2.5's good/bad/ugly

I actually had them refoam two pairs at the same time. I have my daily user set of RSM's which are 12" poly clear woofers. They aren't the Watkins DVC but I have used them almost everyday for the last 2.5 years. They still look and sound great.
Back
Top Bottom