Search results

1. TRC

Technics 1500 Service

I reside in Northwest Arkansas. My deck is needing new heads, a new head selector switch, and just basic overall servicing. I'd appreciate some direction on finding quality service. In NWA there is absolutely nothing. I'm also wanting to replace the head selector switch with a small toggle...
  2. TRC

Need Help Pairing an Amp with Vandersteen 2ce

I also run a Parasound PR-200 pre amp with mine. It's a beautiful sound for sure! TC
  3. TRC

WHY Do People Purchase BPC and such

On the contrary, Gigantic, you're TOTALLY wet behind the ears. And I haven't driven home ANY of your "points". When AK first started, and I was there, people like you were made fun of. Thank what you want, but no
  4. TRC

On the contrary, GChief, most of the people in this thread, including yourself, are obviously seriously INEXPERIENCED.
  5. TRC

Yes, egellings, you can actually google it.
  6. TRC

I'm glad you realize, Gigantic, I'm an audiophile, you, my friend, are the audiophool. Maybe eventually, you'll get some experience under your belt and learn what quality sound really is.
  7. TRC

Thank you for reminding me, Shultz... No trolling here.. but if you wish to move on, please do. No one is forcing you to read this post... If you can't contribute positively to this thread, then yes - move on.
  8. TRC

When you've been in audio as long as I have, Chris, you know in it a flash. Incidentally, not everything I own is 70's silver. And not everything "black" is BPC.
  9. TRC

Thanks for your input, Sgt Shultz.. it's quite apparent you know NOTHING about quality gear or audio. BUT .. you're welcome to it. No snobbery here.
  10. TRC

No"snobbery" here, Gigantic.. just reality. And for your information (not that you need it), I have Yamaha and Onkyo. Great stuff. TRC
  11. TRC

I honestly don't remember posting a thread in December, though it's possible. I've never heard an actual BPC component sound "outstanding". And Just because a piece in black, doesn't mean it's BPC. And if someone wishes to have the bass cranked up.. that's their business. I really don't care...
  12. TRC

Need Help Pairing an Amp with Vandersteen 2ce

I have a pair of the Vandersteen Model 1. I run them with a Bryston 3B amp. I can't say this about all Vandersteen speakers, but mine are very amplifier specific. When I had first gotten them, I was severely disappointed. I had tried Sansui, Pioneer, etc. They sounded weak and wimpy. Then I had...
  13. TRC

Neither is mine, GChief...
  14. TRC

Just because a piece is black, painttoad, doesn't mean it's "BPC".
  15. TRC

But bass at +12 and treble -12..? That's tone deaf alright.. but these people aren't that old. Maybe they've attended too many Ted Nugent concerts!
  16. TRC

A best friend of mine is also an Audiophile.. much more so than I am. He asked to borrow some of my Carver equipment to listen to himself. He kept it for a couple of months.. brought it back and said, "you're right. This stuff has no authority at all. Weak and thin sounding". Having the bass...
  17. TRC

One doesn't need mega bucks to properly set up a stereo system, Gigantic.. only common sense. And the word is AUDIOPHILE, not audiophool.
  18. TRC

I agree, Dan, not everything black is BPC. I love my Bryston 3B. What Rotel do you have? I use an RX-2001 running into an RB-5000 power amp.
  19. TRC

"BPC" is Black Plastic Crap. That's literally what it's called. Google it.
  20. TRC

I was visiting a record shop today, where the owner is running a Yamaha "BPC" amp and Bose speakers. She keeps the bass at +12, and her treble at -12. I asked why, she said it really doesn't matter to her. Another record shop, the owner is running a "BPC" Onkyo amp small Klipsch speakers...
  21. TRC

Athem AVM-30 - Volume Adjustment

Factory reset..? How do I do this?
  22. TRC

I know how to connect it, willyrover, but I was using headphones. The dB goes up and down, but the volume remains the same.
  23. TRC

I have an Anthem AVM-30. I've never used it, and the instruction manual is rather vague. It doesn't tell the owner, not that I've found, how to even adjust the volume. The dB's change on the display, but not the volume.
  24. TRC

Vandersteen Model 1 info?

I realize this is an old thread, but I came across it and decided to respond. I've used Vandersteen Model 1 speakers for many years, and I love them. However, they are amp specific. I use a Bryston 3B and a Parasound PR-200. No equalizer, no subwoofer. Those items are not required. The bass is...
  25. TRC

SX-3900 vs SX-1980

The c3x series, James, I'm not familiar with . However, I have had many of the older SX series from the 70's, and now have the SX-1280. These, to me, have the true sound of Pioneer. The sound I had grown up with. The 3900 sounds like the BPC we have today. It looks the part, but it just doesn't...
Back
Top Bottom